Pelham Oaks Dental

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2008

1412 Pelham Rd

Greenville, SC 29615

We are a full-service cosmetic family dentist who has been serving the Greenville Eastside since 1985 in a practice which can provide for all dental needs. Including cosmetic, endodontic, implant, periodontic, and prosthodontic fixed/removeable dentistry....

11/14/2015

Sherry B.

Very professional - very pleased with the responsiveness of all the staff

Description of Work
Had a cracked tooth and was scheduled very quickly

10/12/2015

ALAN S.

This is a competent, rather large, well-run dental practice. Most work is done by technicians, but the dentists are there to do the drilling, filling, diagnosis and real dental work. I see Dr. Anthony Morrow, and he is pleasant, thorough and as far as I can tell, very competent. I highly recommend the practice. Also, I love the beautiful landscaping around their office, which is a converted house on Pelham road. Somebody pays close attention to it.

Description of Work
Teeth cleaning and checkup for gum issues. I've also had a crown there and routine dental care.

08/30/2015

lorranie S.

Fine. Very punctual, professional, friendly.

Description of Work
6 month check up

04/20/2015

Kurt H.

I've had a good experience there. They are very competent, friendly and communicative. I've only been in for routine exams but I've been able to schedule them well enough in advance. I haven't tried to get in on short notice.

Description of Work
I have been using Pelham Oaks Dental for the past several years.

03/24/2015

Marian E.

Normal cleaning and dental check up.

Description of Work
Regular dental exam and cleaning. Love this place. People are friendly and do a wonderful job taking care of my teeth

09/15/2014

MARY C.

The practice is in a house surrounded by beautiful landscaping and flowers so you don't feel like you are going to the dentist! The office staff is friendly and efficient. They send reminders of your appointment and I was able to get in quickly. Had my teeth cleaned and it went quickly and painlessly. Definitely recommend this dentist and the staff.

Description of Work
teeth cleaning

08/27/2014

I have been a patient at the office since 1984. The office staff is wonderful. Dr. Morrow is a very sweet man. He is the best dentist I have ever had.

Description of Work
I went in for a regular checkup and cleaning.

02/21/2014

Jim S.

This practice is novel. They answer the phone, have -- and use -- email, and are unfailingly prompt and courteous. Dr Breaux stepped into the room at the appointment time, examined me, and immediately set to work to correct my issue, which turned out to be normal wear and tear on a 69-year-old male. The assistant prepped the novacaine injection site with a topical anaesthetic, and I felt ZERO PAIN, not even a needle stick, throughout the entire procedure: numbing injection, tooth preparation for sealing, and the sealing and final fit. I was out of the chair and on my way within an hour. The office is super-efficient. Their computer system helps them to be more efficient and let patients be on their way quickly. As I lost dental insurance when I retired, I found their office and procedure rates highly competitive, and they do accept the dental discount program which my wife and I used. These folks are the best dental practice I've ever used.

Description of Work
I discovered an area of worn enamel on the biting edge of an upper incisor. I called for an appointment and was in to see the doctor for corrective action in two days.

08/08/2013

Susan A.

They are very reliable and fairly priced. I like how convenient they are on the east side of Greenville. They do a really great supersonic cleaning. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Cleaning and x-rays.

07/25/2013

dawn H.

Very smoothly. Great job by all.

Description of Work
Dental check up

05/18/2013

Gail P.

Due to a change in insurance providers, I needed to find a new dentist. I found Dr. Breaux through Angie's List ! He had an easy going professional bedside manner, which appealed to my apprehension upon switching dentists after almost 10 years! I am probably just a hair shy of being a full blown dental-phobe, and Dr. Breaux's struck me as genuinely considerate and empathetic. His x-ray tech tried unsuccessfully to use films that were way too large to fit into my mouth and hurt my gums. Finally, after a couple of sets that didn't turn out good pics, and several complaints from me about my gums, she changed film type/size. The dental hygienist was not as gentle as some, but friendly and considerate. His office/administrative staff were friendly and helpful with the new patient on-boarding paper work, etc.

Description of Work
Routine check up, full x-rays, teeth cleaned.

02/19/2013

JERRY R.

Overall my experience today was AWESOME! I called the office for an appointment. The receptionist was very cordial and i had no trouble obtaining an appt which was convenient for me. Subsequently, i received several forms in the mail and completed them and turned them in when i arrived for my appt. Meanwhile, the office requested that i ask my previous dentist to forward my most recent xrays for their review so they wouldnt have to take xrays which my dental insurer wont cover due to frequency rules. I did that and was able to avoid additional xray charges today which i appreciated. I arrived for the appt today quite early in case i got lost. The office is very nice, clean and comfortable. The ladies who worked the desk were very efficient and friendly. I was met by Allyson about 5 minutes after my scheduled time...amazing...and proceeded to recieve one of the best cleanings i can ever recall! They have the latest technology in all respects and Allyson was very proficient and obviously takes great pride in her work. I like a rigorous cleaning and believe me i received one! After the cleaning was complete and all of my teeth had been photographed i was turned over to Rowena who quickly demonstrated that she is a very experienced and capable Dental Asst. Dr Breaux then came in to examine my teeth. What a professional gentleman ! he spent time getting to know me and I him. I had been so impressed by the overall operation I was fairly sure that I would feel confident with Dr. Breaux and I wasnt disappointed. At the conclusion of my visit they scheduled my next appt and gave me a bag of dental goodies...toothbrush, paste, floss etc. When i got home i found an email from them inviting me to sign up on their website for a variety of reminders about appts etc. When i selected this practice from Angie's list i was expecting to find a good solid dental practice,but my expectations were greatly exceeded. I will be a permanent customer for life.

Description of Work
I recently moved to the Greenville area and needed to find a new dentist .Based on Angie's list reviews i selected Pelham Oaks Dental and made an appointment for a routine cleaning and exam.

02/19/2013

Ruth M.

Comfort and no pain seemed to be at the top of their agenda, which is good because it was at the top of mine. They were had a friendly manner that put one at ease. After the examination, all options were explained in detail and any questions I had were patiently answered. After deciding on a course of treatment, appointments were made and work performed in a very professional manner. They offered a 5% discount if your bill is paid immediately, which is nice. The only drawback was that they charged a little more than the average, but the work was perfect and my teeth look and feel great.

Description of Work
My husband and I both went. He had cavities handled and I had new dentures made.

Category dentists,cosmetic dentist,dentures

09/17/2012

I have reviewed my dentist separately (Dr. Breaux), but wanted to also review the overall office. Everyone in the office is very friendly and professional. I have pretty severe dental anxiety, but I can promise you this place makes even ME feel comfortable. Administration, office staff, scheduling, etc are all very helpful, professional and friendly. I have had some dental work done by Dr. Breaux (fillings), and he is very gentle and his expertise clearly shows. I have been going here for 6+ years and will continue to go as long as I live in Greenville.

Description of Work
Annual check-up, fillings, etc.

08/30/2012

Jane G.

I was very pleased with the experience. I had been having sensitivity to heat and cold in a tooth that another dentist had put a crown on six months previously. I was afraid I would need a root canal (as had happened on another tooth in the past), but the dentist thoroughly examined me and said that he could see no problem with decay or infection. Most likely, I had bitten down h****** something and irritated the nerves in that tooth, which were probably still somewhat sensitive from the procedure I had in January. He gave me some recommendations to calm those nerves down a bit, and suggested a "wait and see" approach. Sure enough, within about a month, the sensitivity had gradually decreased to nearly non-existent. I am really pleased with the fact that instead of immediately performing an expensive procedure to solve the problem, this dentist took time to figure out what was really going on, and didn't put me through something that was unnecessary. I also appreciated how friendly, knowledgeable, and skilled the entire staff is. I will definitely continue going to Pelham Oaks.

Description of Work
I went to this dentist because my insurance plan changed, and I needed to find a new provider. This visit was for a regular check up and cleaning, and because I was having pain and sensitivity in one tooth when I ate or drank cold or hot foods/liquids.

07/06/2012

Tom P.

It was a very friendly staff. I was a little early for the appointment and the dentist was on time. I was pleased with the results, and I would recommend them! Dr. Breau's bedside manner and communication are excellent.

Description of Work
They replaced a crown for me.

05/22/2012

Bethany G.

I have going here for years and absolutely love this place. As someone with extreme anxiety around any sort of procedures, and needs gas for simple procedures like fillings, this place is WONDERFUL. Every employee (including billing, reception, etc) is extremely friendly, helpful, understanding, and knowledgable. Dr. Breaux is the sweetest little man and has a lot of experience. These friendly people actually make me want to floss my teeth daily.. so that I don't disappoint them next time I see them! :)

Description of Work
over the last 5+ years.. Annual checkup, fillings, pain in jaw, etc

05/01/2012

Needed a dentist for an annual check up. Ended up getting 6 fillings. 95% off the time was pain free. Dr.Breaux was very nice the whole time.

Description of Work
Annual check up

03/22/2012

Gene P.

My wife likes going there. It's a very personal, caring facility. It's not an industrial type environment. When you go in there you're not treated like a dollar bill. They give you personal attention and care about your needs and getting an exceptional job done well. We've been going there for at least 20 years. They are also reasonably priced. They are conveniently located on the west side. It's a comfortable layout and it's very friendly. It's a smaller environment, very nice and attractively decorated. They get to you within 10 minutes of you arriving. They tell you what they are going to do and the procedure they will be doing ahead of time, they keep you current on what's happening. I've never had side effects outside of a pain pill after surgery. They discuss billing with your upfront, they offer you options and how you want to pay.

Description of Work
I go to Pelham Oaks Dental Group about once a year, my wife goes regularly.

02/02/2012

The entire staff we have encountered at Pelham Oaks Dental has been top notch. We like him so much that even though he is considered 'out of network' for our dental plan, we will continue to see him for all our dental needs. I highly recommend Dr Breaux.

Description of Work
Dr Breaux has been our family dentist for many years. He is kind and professional. I used to be very nervous going to a dentist but I am not anymore. Regular checkups are painless.

12/21/2011

James P.

They are awesome. The staff is just very courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. They provide very good quality service. They have done a good job working with my schedule very closely.

Description of Work
I went to Pelham Oaks Dental Group probably about a month ago.

12/09/2011

Kevin M.

We have been using them for 27 years. It is easy to get in and if you are in pain then they take you right in. They make sure you have your appointment set up and they call you to remind you. They do very good work. I have been going to them for 27 years. They do children too.

Description of Work
We use Pelham Oaks Dental Group for dentistry and I was there about two weeks ago.

11/04/2011

Wendy C.

Great experience overall. Everyone was friendly and professional and the hygienist did a good job. One thing I didn't like was the television blaring throughout the procedure. It was really annoying. I told them that soft soothing music would be much nicer. I recommend this dentist for everyone.

Description of Work
Annual teeth cleaning

11/01/2011

Judy E.

I've been with them for years. They are experienced.

Description of Work
Pelham Oaks is my dentist office.

09/13/2011

Dennis P.

I did not have a regular dentist, so after reading the reviews on Angie's List, I decided to give Pelham Oaks Dental Group a try. From my first contact with the office by phone until the completion of my appointment, the entire staff was extremely helpful, courteous, patient, and professional. I am traditionally terrified of going to the dentist, but Dr. Breaux and his staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. He took all the time I needed to ensure my comfort and explained all options before beginning any procedure. My biggest concern was the shot, but I can honestly say I never felt a thing. As stated by other reviewers, the office is clean and beautifully landscaped. The dental chairs face big picture windows offering relaxing views. The entire experience was by far my best dental visit ever, and I have definitely found my new, permanent dentist. I fully trust each member of this staff and have zero fears or concerns for my follow-up visits.

Description of Work
I cracked a tooth and needed a crown. Additionally, I needed a routine cleaning.

Dentistry - General