king street photo weddings

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2012

310 King St

Charleston, SC 29401

King Street Photo Weddings was the first and established business here in Charleston with over 26 years of proven experience as the best photographer for Weddings, Fashion, Children. They say you are best when you are passionate about what you love to do – that is why Michel Berda started this journey . With Vision, Dedication, Love, and Fun, God has blessed him with this great talent. Michel is known by his peers as “One of the best wedding photographers in the world.” His images have been published in the Knot, Real Wedding, Destination & Honeymoon, Studio Design, Grace Ormonde, and Wedding Unveiled. He is also recipient of the 2011 USCA "Best of Local Business" Award Program which recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Michel is now one of the busiest destination wedding photographers both abroad and here in the U.S. He is based out of Charleston, SC – the 2nd largest wedding destination in the country. The Artiste in Michel is being able to create one-of-a-kind lifetime memories, not just in prints, but in what we have known and learned and passed on from generation to generation: your lifelong keepsake album. From capturing amazing images, to the special artistic digital effects he puts to the images, then incorporating it all into the album is what makes him, and his company, unique and very different. "We hope you will give us the honor of capturing your wedding." My Very Best, Michel Berda...

03/13/2015

Rich R.

Testimony from my Son and his Wife: We (my husband and I) would like to share our great appreciation with Michel Berda and his team who were sympathetic to our situation and agreed to work with us after we could not get in touch with our previously hired photographer who could not be contacted after we had made our deposit and we had thought something happened to them. With time getting short before our wedding, we found Michel Berda on Angie?s list, read the reviews and decided to contact him. Michel was very sympathetic to our situation and offered us a discount to compensate for our lost deposit. Completely on his own, Michel successfully tracked down our previously contracted photographer and offered his services as a mediator. However we all decided it was best to work with Michel and his team. Michel offered us two photographers, for the price of one. Michel?s services turned out to be phenomenal and we couldn?t have been happier with his team, Donovan and Harold, who were very nice and amazing people who shared the joy of our wedding day. They were on time, very understanding, with a sense of humor, patient and flexible with changes that came during that hectic day.

Description of Work
Provide wedding photography services

Category photographers,wedding planning

08/03/2014

Elizabeth S.

When I first spoke with Michel, I felt his sincerity in wanting to capture the joy, the emotion, the relationships, and the love in our vow renewal ceremony. I knew after that first conversation that Michel was the photographer that we could trust to help us capture the sentiment of this day, and he did exactly that! The beautiful photos that Michel captured are evidence of his passion, creativity, professionalism and experience. We feel so fortunate to have had Michel there to photograph our vow renewal, and we'll be eternally grateful as we now have wedding pictures to remember a beautiful day with our friends and family … and that will forever make me smile! Thank you, Michel Berda!!!

Description of Work
Michel recently photographed our vow renewal, which was really our wedding day ten years in the making!

01/19/2014

Jess F.

EXCELLENT!!! Very professional. Michel did a great job photographing our wedding, he was early and paid attention to details. The photographs turned out perfect. I would highly recommend King Street Photo Weddings. Thank you again, Michel JF

Description of Work
Photographed Wedding

Category photographers

Hi (Remove member name), Glad to hear from you yesterday and I am glad you loved everything that I captured, I am so glad you received your album as well. Many thanks for being great clients as well. My Very Best, Michel Berda photography

11/07/2013

john G.

excellent talented professional who provides outstanging service. he has experience in los angles and new york as major photographer in a top agency and thankfully has brought his skills to the low country. Very punctual and fast turnaround and pleasant to work with i highly recommend him! john gross

Description of Work
took professional photos and headshotts on 2 occasions

Category photographers

Hi [Member name removed], Great to have your business and create this nice images for you. Thank You So Very Much, Michel Berda

10/23/2013

Keri W.

Wonderful photographer and person!! Michel took all the pictures from our engagement to the wedding and all of his photos exceeded expectations. He was very professional but also very easy to work with. He gives great direction during his sessions and the results are amazing! Highly recommended by this newlywed!!

Description of Work
Engagement photos, bridal portraits, wedding photographer

Category photographers

Hi [member name removed], Yes great engagement images and I was glad to create these images, thank you so very much. Michel Berda

09/19/2013

mary M.

Donovan was there early and stayed late. He smiled the whole night and got some amazing shots. They listened to our wants and delivered them expertly. Michel has been "on it" since we signed a contract with him at the Savannah Bridal Show.

Description of Work
Michel Berda's associate Donovan photographed my daughter's wedding.

Category photographers

Hi [member name removed], I am glad you loved Donovan work and passion, we were glad to be a big part of it. Thank You So Very Much, Michel Berda

07/05/2013

Lance S.

We were planning a 1st birthday party when, at the last minute, a scheduling issue came up with our photographer. We called Michel who responded immediately by phone. He offered to cover the event for us, even though it obviously was last minute. He spent time to reassure us and describe what he would do for the party. Our original photographer was able to cover the event but we wanted to mention Michel. We would definitely call him again.

Description of Work
see below

Gald it all worked out for you [member name removed]. My Pleasure, Michel Berda

05/30/2013

Jaime T.

The bridal shoot was a month and a half or so before the wedding. He met us promptly where he said he would and was ready to get started. Although the day was BRUTALLY cold, he made sure to take care of me by stopping and providing me his jacket between shoots! And his familiarity with the downtown Charleston area enabled us to capture lots of quality shots from at least 6 or 7 locations. We are more than pleased with the quality and artistry of the shots and had a hard time picking just 1 for the bridal portrait! On our wedding day, again, Michel showed up promptly as expected. He had all kinds of campera equipment strapped to him and was dressed professionally to photograph our wedding. Before the actual day of the wedding, there was plenty of communication back and forth, and we had established a wedding day itinerary so that he knew exactly where to be, when, and what photos were "must-haves" for me. This itinerary made the wedding day photography flow so smoothly! He was a lot of fun and very interactive and knew what he had to do to get just the right shot! When he showed up to photograph, he got straight to work, and was able to photograph and capture everything we wanted, and then some! He has a natural ability for photography and capturing the art of the "moment". We got the "canned" photos that we wanted with all the family members, et al, but the ones that we love the most are the ones that capture moments in time that we will never get back, but we can look at and remember the feelings that are captured in the pictures he took. He is amazing at getting these moments. We are so happy with the quality and artistry of our wedding photography! Thanks Michel!

Description of Work
Photographed my bridal shoot. Photographed our wedding day. Provided Videographer for our wedding ceremony.

Category photographers

[member name removed], I received the email from Angies list today, Aww thank you a million for what you have posted I am so happy, honored and thankful that you loved everything I did for you both. I thank you so much again for doing this for me.

01/28/2013

Tara S.

We enjoyed having Michel as our photographer. He was very professional and responsive, and most importantly, he took some great photographs of our wedding. During the reception, he noticed that we were having a great sunset and made sure that he got a few extra photos before he left.

Description of Work
Michel photographed my wedding at Magnolia Plantation and Garden on Oct 27,2012.

Category photographers

Good Morning [member name removed], Thank you so very much for you're lovely honest reviews, I enjoyed creating these images for you, I appreciate you taking the time and posting this amazing honest review. Thank You, MIchel Berda

01/21/2013

John B.

Michel was the first vendor we booked and loved him back then and love him even more now! Michel has been a joy to work with leading up to our wedding day and was fantastic throughout the whole wedding experience. Michel showed up early the morning of our wedding day and immediately started shooting. Because of timing, sunlight, etc, we began shooting right away. Professional throughout the whole experience Michel directed us to the best locations to capture the moment. My husband and I were able to spend a full hour alone taking pictures right after the ceremony and are still amazed at how great these photos turned out. Michel is truly a motivated photographer who will do anything to capture that prefect shot for his clients. Michel had a few teasers wedding photos in my within 24 hours after our wedding, and they were amazing photos!!! I thought it would take a few months to get all of the photos online and to start building and album but Michel had everything online within 5 weeks, we built our album and had a sample album sent over within a week. Having spoken with many friends who have recently gotten married they are all jealous of the superb quality and responsiveness that my photographer provided, he isn't just a wedding photographer but a true master of his craft. I'd definitely book Michel Berda of King Street Photo Weddings in a heartbeat. I am glad Michel was able to take part in our wedding experience!! Thanks Michel, John and Megan Burke

Description of Work
Wedding photography\custom wedding album.

Category photographers

Hi [removed member name], Great to hear that you loved the images and I thank you for posting honest reviews about me. Michel Berda

Photography
    Wedding Planning
    City Of Charleston, SC
    Charleston, SC
    01/31/2021
    Check, PayPal
    Satisfaction

Wedding photography, Corporate Photography, Fashion, Sports, documentary, Corporate, Lifestyle, Children. Artistic video.

any other services non photography