COLONIAL KENNEL

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2006

We are here to provide a safe and comfortable environment for your pet while you are away. We are a licensed kennel, that is located in Harrisville, Rhode Island. Colonial Kennel is a family owned business that has been in operation since 1997. We take pride in cleanliness, having fun, and making sure your pet feels at home. All of our staff members are experienced in handling and caring for all types of domestic animals....

06/25/2018

I have been boarding my dog at Colonial Kennel for many years. They are always professional and always glad to see my dog.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Boarded dog at kennel.

06/02/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dropped my dog off on a Saturday to be boarded for one night and to have nails clipped. When we picked her up Sunday night, I was told that I would be charged 2 days since she was there longer than 24 hours. This should have been communicated prior to me even dropping my dog off and if they are going to have such a ridiculous policy post it on the website and in clear view of customers. Not on a 8x10 piece of paper on a wall covered with other information, plus they make it literally impossible for the drop off and pick up times to be less than 24 hours. Drop off by noon on Saturday but cannot pick up your pet until after 3 or 4 the following day. Also, when we picked our puppy up on Sunday night, she ended up drinking well over a bowl of water immediately upon walking in the door. Would not recommend Colonial Kennel to anyone that loves their pet and appreciates honest reviews.

CATEGORY kennels,pet grooming

05/04/2011

It is the best kennel that I have ever used. They are superb. Their grooming is inexpensive and it is wonderful. My dog would be visiting them in a couple of weeks for a weekend for boarding as well as grooming. My dog is large and the grooming costs $30. They do everything including the nails and ears. They also express the anal glands. She is a Labrador and so, she has a lot of hair in between h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have used the services of Colonial Kennel in March 2011 for the grooming of my dog.

CATEGORY pet grooming

06/01/2006

THIS KENNEL IS VERY EFFICIENT. THEY ARE KIND AND CARING TO ANIMALS. THEY KEEP THEIR KENNELS VERY CLEAN. I THINK THEY MUST ALSO GROOM THEM WHILE THEY ARE THERE BECAUSE MY DOG ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER WHEN I PICK HIM UP THEN WHEN I LEFT HIM THERE.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I HAD MY DOG AT THIS KENNEL FOR FOUR DAYS. THEY FEED, WATERED, EXERCISED, AND BATHED HIM.

05/26/2006

THE DOG CAME BACK VERY HAPPY. THEY KEPT THE DOG NICE AND CLEAN. THE SERVICE THERE AT THE KENNEL WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND I WAS TOTALLY SATISFIED WITH THEM.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
THEY KEPT MY DOG FOR ME OVERNIGHT WHEN I WENT OUT OF TOWN.

CATEGORY kennels

We offer boarding services for dogs, cats, and other small animals. All food, potty walking, and administering of medication is included in the boarding fee. We offer one-on-one or group playtimes by request. We also offer full grooming services for dogs and cats. Full grooms include a bath, nailcut, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, and a haircut. We have a variety of natural shampoos and conditioners to fit your furry friends' needs. We also run 7 week Puppy Kindergarten classes!