Wholistic Acupuncture

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2011

6325 Penn Ave

Pittsburgh, PA 15206

Wholistic Acupuncture (wholisticacupuncture.com) is a team of qualified natural health care providers offering acupuncture, herbs and nutrition, massage and bodywork. Sydnie Bryant, L.Ac., has over 20 years of natural health experience including 10 years of acupuncture practice. Jessica Fritz, L.Ac., has 7 years of acupuncture practice and 15+ years of tai chi study and teaching. Acupuncture is a whole body medical system that treats most conditions. Some common conditions we see are fertility, menopause, other gynecological concerns, allergies, asthma, migraines, fibromyalgia, all types of body and joint pain, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders, eye disease, stress and emotional disorders. To be a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac.) one must finish 4 years of full time study, pass national board exams in acupuncture and herbal medicine, and be licensed by the Pennsylvania state board of medicine or the state board of osteopathic medicine. Our needles are used only once. Acupuncture is a relaxing experience. The needles are thin and relatively painless. Our fees are $75 per treatment. Insurance often covers acupuncture throughout most of the country. UPMC currently only covers nausea due to chemotherapy or pregnancy. Highmark Blue Cross does not cover acupuncture at all. Many other Blue Cross policies across the country do. Many auto insurance carriers and workers compensation policies in this area cover acupuncture. We can bill insurance in certain cases. We provide a reimbursement receipt for you to submit to your company for quick payment....

08/15/2014

Lawrence M.

Highly recommend. I've seen all 3; Jess, Sydnie, and Daniel. All very good at what they do.

Description of Work
I get acupuncture seasonally for sinuses, aches, etc. I often make appointments through email.

06/25/2014

Jan V.

They're fabulous. The atmosphere is really good and the guy who does my acupuncture is very good and he's interested in the patient. They're all about helping you feel better.

Description of Work
I go to Wholistic Acupuncture once a month for acupuncture services. My last appointment was in the beginning of May.

06/24/2014

tracy L.

His appointment was scheduled for about 11am. We waited till about 12:45 to see the doctor. My friend was in incredible pain that day, having worked the previous evening. When we finally saw the acupuncturist, he barely examined my friend, taking less than a minute to look at him. My friend had information on previous treatments and diagnosis, including paperwork from several doctors. The acupuncturist suggested he come back a week later! My friend had come to get some relief; when I originally made the appointment, I stressed the urgent need for treatment the day of the appointment. This did not occur. We pleaded with the provider to please give my friend some relief; we were dismissed with very little concern or compassion for his painful situation. It was a bad experience for both of us. I would not recommend this provider to anyone.

Description of Work
My friend has suffered with reoccurring pain in neck and shoulder area. I suggested acupuncture as a different solution. I scheduled an appointment for him and we went about a week later.

04/13/2014

Catherine T.

The treatments worked brilliantly! I had seen my primary care doctor and a specialist for initial treatment, but they only offered me a cortisone shot that lasted six weeks. Then I saw another acupuncturist who treated me over six sessions, but there was no change in my condition. I finally looked for an acupuncturist with expertise in pain management and found this practice. Unlike my previous acupuncturist, Sydnie knew this condition and what points to target. I felt significantly better within a week of my first treatment, and I had almost no pain after three treatments. I had a few more follow-up treatments, and after six sessions, I am completely pain free (still so six months later). After a year of wrist pain that kept me from many daily activities, I was thrilled to have made a full recovery. I would see Sydnie again in an instant with any other issues that could be treated with acupuncture.

Description of Work
I initially came in for a case of De Quervain's tenosynovitis, which had been bothering me for over a year. I saw Sydnie for her experience in pain management and reduction. She was familiar with the condition and knew exactly what to do. She is very easy to interact with and made me feel at ease.

02/25/2014

Kathy B.

It has gone great and the acupuncturist has really helped my daughter a lot. She is really good and my daughter goes about every 6 weeks. We saw the acupuncturist with a problem and she really helped her a lot. Now my daughter is just on maintenance. There are three acupuncturists there and the one we see is really nice and helpful.

Description of Work
My daughter goes to Wholistic Acupuncture for acupuncture.

01/03/2014

Jan V.

The office environment is wonderful and it's extremely relaxing. Daniel is very skilled and has helped my back pain and energy levels. I've had 6 treatments so far.

Description of Work
I have a number of autoimmune diseases as well as the start of fibromyalgia. I needed something to help me feel better and improve my energy.

09/13/2013

Mary H.

At different visits, I was treated by Sydnie, Daniel and Jessica, and they were all fantastic in helping me reduce stress and address other issues. They tailored each visit for my specific needs, and I left each visit feeling completely relaxed and refreshed. They run their office very efficiently, and I never had any wait for my appointments. The office is clean, rooms are comfortable, and they will adjust lighting and/or music to make the experience totally pleasant. I can't recommend them highly enough. Wholistic Acupuncture is worth every penny you can spend there!

Description of Work
I went to Wholistic Acupuncture for several visits between June and August 2013 and had an overwhelmingly positive experience.

06/22/2012

Marcia S.

Jessica asked questions about my health and then gave a treatment including both face up and face down. She also recommends herbs that really help me whenever I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or something. I can bring my own music to play during the session. Jessica has a nurturing manner which is part of the healing experience.

Description of Work
I get regular acupuncture for wellness care, and to help with allergies and hot flashes.

06/22/2012

Stephanie G.

I purchased two sets of 5 sessions plus had a Groupon for one session. I was very pleased with the results. The only negative was that there is a handball court donstairs of the office and the one time I had a session when the courts were in use was very disturbing. The noise level was very high. Otherwise I was pleased with the services.

Description of Work
I had Sydnie several times and Dan once. Both were very professional and I felt responsive to my needs for accupuncture.

05/08/2012

Pritee S.

I started with them just last week and everything is so far so good. The people that work here are very pleasant and explain everything very well.

Description of Work
I went here for acupuncture.

03/13/2012

Lawrence M.

They have a good manner. The area is clean and comfortable. They are professional. I would rate them highly.

Description of Work
I used Wholistic Acupuncture for acupuncture services.

03/07/2012

I heard about Julia through a friend. Wholistic Acupuncture is very good and they seem to know what they are doing. They have helped with certain problems I have had with my back. I haven't been able to travel, that's why Julia comes to my house. Their bedside manner and communication is very good. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Wholistic Acupuncture. Julia Schandelmeier is my massage therapist there.

Category acupuncture,day spa

09/07/2011

Kathryn F.

When I called the center for an appointment I was able to talk to the acupuncturist and ask some preliminary questions. The appointment availability was great and i was able to be seen quickly. When I arrived for my appointment I filled out the required paperwork, i could hear noise from the racquetball courts below. When I was taken to the evaluation room and questioned, it seemed that the acupuncturist was judgmental regarding testing that i had previously undergone. I was very apprehensive about acupuncture, but the therapist explained everything that she was doing and eased my anxiety. She was also very open to feedback and changed the plan based on my comfort.During the time of the acupuncture there was soothing music and the room felt "homey", but the sound from the racquetball courts was distracting and I felt that i was alone in the room without a way to alert the therapist if I needed anything.As far as price is concerned, i thought that this location had a reasonable rate, and even offered a bulk discount.Finally regarding effectiveness of treatment....i can't say that I noticed a change in the back pain that I was experiencing but I only went for one treatment (i didn't like the noise level) If this acupuncturist had a different/quieter location I wouldn't have any reservations recommending this place

Description of Work
i was referred ti Wholistic Acupuncture from my physician for back pain and fertility issues.

08/18/2011

Stanley P.

They are great. They've really helped me recover from a surgery.

Description of Work
I go there for acupuncture.

03/07/2011

Stanley P.

She does craniofacial stuff which really helped me. Acupuncture treatment is very relaxing and it doesn’t hurt. They will tell you what they are doing and it is ancient. A friend of mine who is a doctor suggested me to try that too. I feel that Sydnie is quite knowledgeable. She is very relaxing and a very funny person. I enjoy her. She will ask questions about diet and things like that. She also has things like Chinese herbs. I don’t fully understand the acupuncture thing, but I did try it before I had my surgeries and it didn’t help as far as my walking went. I used to get very anxious because my legs were not working. So, acupuncture has really helped my nervous system problem. I don’t know if it helped my walking, but it certainly doesn’t hurt anything. She is very nice. She has been very helpful to me and I feel hopeful, which is good. I have adjusted better with my situation now. She is pretty busy because she is not there everyday. She is good about explaining things. Whatever she did for my nervous system was really helpful. It feels terribly relaxing. She can sometimes tell the state of my neck. She will tell you anything you ask her. I haven’t had any problems with the billing as well. My husband is using her services too.

Description of Work
Sydnie Bryant is my acupuncturist. My last visit to her was last week.

Alternative Med. - Acupuncture
    Skin & Body Care - Day Spa Services

Acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional counseling, lifestyle counseling,massage.