ASPEN DENTAL

Pittsburgh, PA 15227

FINANCING AVAILABLE.

08/02/2016

Linda V.

The first half of treatment was fine. Expected issues were resolved and with a good liner was able to wear the temporary dentures 14-16 hours/day if necessary. It took longer than expected before I finally received my permanent dentures and the nightmare began. First of all, the dentist literally had to force the denture into my mouth. I was told I'd get used to it and it could be adjusted. Two weeks and two appointments later I was in tremendous pain, sore spots all over my mouth, jaw pain etc. They tried to make me leave with nothing being done. I had to get upset before they even acknowledged any issue. They finally agreed after a tearful battle to remake the denture. After a second set of dentures that did not fit they told me I'd need a second surgery to remove the Tori which I was sure was supposed to have been done in the initial surgery. One year after the initial surgery I again had surgery. One month later the process for new dentures began again. After another failed attempt to make dentures that fit my mouth they began to blame me for every problem. They are dishonest in both business practice and the information they give you when they can't solve a problem. In general they are bullies who have you over a barrel when you sit there with no teeth. They are only too happy to tell you they'll give you a refund just give them the teeth first. I have had to stop normal living. I have to try and work around 4 hour increments as that is the length of time I can keep my denture in before the pain and discomfort gets to be too much and I have to get them out. It's now been 2 1/2 years and I have to go somewhere else to get new dentures as these are useless and are actually causing physical harm to both my mouth and my general health.

Description of Work
Removal of teeth, immediate temporary dentures, permanent dentures.

06/28/2016

Christine W.

Before I begin I just want to say I am not telling people not to go their I just want people to be informed of how they do their billing and since I am a billing manager for a Dr. and I also check insurance for eligibility I was not impressed on how they do theirs I just wish I found this out sooner. First of all they claim that you get "free exam and x-rays" but the real case is as long as you got insurance they will bill the insurance for the service because they want paid but if you have a deductible or co-insurance they will not bill you. On May 9, 2016 I had my routine teeth cleaning I called my Dental insurance in the parking lot to see what am I covered for and what I had to pay out of pocket and they told me I was covered for my routine cleaning the only thing I would have to pay out of pocket is for the x-rays. I checked in the receptionist said I would owe $255.00 I asked for what she said I was not covered by my insurance I laughed and told her I just called and repeated what I was told on the phone she said " I'm sorry we just looked up your insurance for eligibility and your visit is not covered" So that sent a red flag up so I went along with it I asked since I will be paying with my HSA card how will I get reimbursed she said when "we get paid from the insurance company we will refund your credit card" Ok ....Again I just wanted to see how this works so I paid $255.00 and had my teeth cleaned, In the mean time I kept a close eye out on my EOB and I also set up an account on Aspen Dental website and OMG to my surprise I was in the negative meaning they owed me money and all this time no one refunded me. Again red flag.. So now I got my EOB (5-31-16) it said I should have only paid $12.40 and I looked on Aspen Dental and now they owe me $306.60 so I called and spoke with the receptionist she connected me to the person who handles the billing and she took the last 4 digits of my HSA card and said it can take up to 7-10 days before I see the refund of $306.60 to my account. So I called my HSA and according to them it should only take 5 Business Days to show on my account. I kept checking my HSA and so far no refund so I called Aspen Dental and let them know that if I don't get my refund I was calling my Insurance and the BBB to find out why they didn't refund me and according to them they did so I did one better I called the corporate office and finally I got ahold of someone to look into this and by 06-16-2016 I finally did receive a refund check for $306.60. I kept telling these people if they were my only medical expense I wouldn't mind keeping that money on my account but that is not the issue, I didn't like how they get a estimate to bill you meaning they do not use your fee schedule for your insurance and I didn't like how they hold on to your money and not be honest and send you a refund. When all this was taking place I made up my mind I was not going back their because they will always do this and to prove it I asked for the code on a procedure that I was going to get done (code 2391) I called my insurance and they said I will only have to pay $14.40 but per Aspen they said I would have to pay $27.22 so this is a red flag to me that this will always happen . Funny thing is they sent me a letter (Certified) that I am no longer welcome at any Aspen Dental because its best for all parties involved. Well I guess they didn't like the fact that I caught on and was questing a lot of things. So please if you go their pay close attention to the billing and where your money is going. PS. I also have names dates and times that all this was going on.

Description of Work
Routine teeth cleaning

12/23/2015

Philip A.

They quoted me an additional $300 for permanent dentures. When I went back they went back on their quote. A woman said I was never quoted this, and this woman was even a different person who I actually spoke with.

Description of Work
They removed 7 teeth and provided temporary dentures.

Category denture labs

06/06/2015

Judy G.

Description of Work
Visited Aspen Dental in Robinson Township. Dr Cahill was the best

03/05/2015

Peggy P.

I have dental insurance and Aspen is a approved provider. I was quoted a price ($2495) but was told that they had checked with the insurance carrier and because of an "exclusion" they would not cover any of the expense and I had to use their dental financial provider. Because of a very unprofessional experience in the office, I decided to call the insurance company myself and found out that Aspen never called them and there is NO exclusion in my-case and they would cover 50% of the cost. I have started the procedure with another dentist and the total cost $1450.

Description of Work
New dentures.

02/09/2015

Linda L.

After having had a bad experience with another dental practice I quit getting dental care until problems left me with no choice but to find a new dentist. Aspen Dental was covered under my dental insurance plan and was close to my home in a shopping center that I frequent. Since I had no choice but to seek dental care, and had read good reviews about Aspen Dental I decided to use them. I was not disappointed. I have never waited more than 15 minutes for my visit, and the staff is courteous and efficient. The dental professionals explain everything, including the hygienist who was very informative and provided me with a dental hygiene kit including an electronic toothbrush at my first visit. I have seen two dentists there, my primary dentist and the dentist who did a tooth extraction on a day when staffing was short, and even being the dental phobic I am, I have never had a bad experience. The office staff is pleasant and at the onset my treatment course and cost was explained to me in full, at a price that was reasonable. I don't know anyone who likes going to dental appointments, and I might be at the front of that line, but I am continuing my appointments and dental care with Aspen Dental and I am pleased.

Description of Work
I needed dental work with a new practice after having had a bad experience with a previous practice, and I chose Aspen Dental.

Category endodontics, dentists, oral surgeons

02/04/2015

April S.

Terrible experience here. I needed several cavities filled and general check up. Over the next few months I had appointments for cavities and asked to have a cleaning scheduled. I had an inital cleaning and was told to follow up in a few weeks because they did something that needed a second treatment. I was in every month for fillings as part of their plan, yet they could never fit me in for my second cleaning step because she was only in on Wednesdays. After a year and 20 or so visits, they were not able to get my second cleaning step in at all even when I asked every single time. The biggest issue though was that when I was getting a crown, the dentist slipped and hit a nerve. This cause me to need to get an emergency root canal. The dentist did not feel comfortable doing a root canal so I had to be referred to a specialist. Flash forward to crown #2 after the emergency root canal, all the sudden my amazingly good dental insurance wasn't covering everything that they previously said would be covered. Why? The emergency specialist root canal which was caused by my Aspen dentist's slip up. The rest of my dental coverage cost me an additional $1000+ out of pocket. Go to a reputable dentist and not a chain.

Description of Work
Cavities, exam, crown

Category oral surgeons

03/20/2014

Kimberly B.

Not Good. Routine exam turned into you only need deep cleaning to all teeth must be pulled and must have dentures. Then he said he might me be able to do dentures. The place only want money and to pull teeth not help people.

Description of Work
Patients Beware. Telling a person that all teeth need to be removed is unprofessional. They pused for dentures. Do not go to them.

03/02/2014

Bonnie P.

Category cosmetic dentist

02/18/2014

Sally P.

I last went there a year ago. They were offering a free check up and I went to find out what I needed in terms of maybe some fillings or something like that. They tried to high pressure me into getting all my teeth pulled and getting these implants with these screws that stick out of your gums, which to me would be really dangerous. I mean in your sleep with these screws sticking out! When you brush your teeth you put your dentures in and they fit into these bolts and they snap in real tight. It was all about this kind of high pressure selling of dentures. They did not give me any feedback at all about cavities, if I had them and where I had them. When I told my dentist about it he just shook his head in disgust.

Description of Work
I went to Aspen Dental to get a dental check up.

09/17/2013

Jo L.

The visit went really well. I don't have to wait at this office and they do a good job.

Description of Work
I went to have my denture fixed.

09/09/2013

Laura P.

Great and they work with me on payment plan.

Description of Work
Pop a bad gum in my mouth

08/03/2013

David B.

I returned to the Aspen office for additional treatment. I had a technical disagreement about how the last bill had been coded. The next thing you know, I had the receptionist, office manager and dentist all shouting at me in front of an office full of patients. I was denied service that day, as if I would actually trust them to perform treatment after that. I have been a patient for many years at Aspen and have seen a number of dentists there. Initially they were very good, personal and professional. The current dentist is only concerned with maximizing his profits. The office staff has gotten less capable and personable as they have been replaced as well. I don;t know if this issue is related to the Brentwood office, or extends to the other offices as well. However, I will never use Aspe again after the way I was treated.

Description of Work
Routine on-going dental treatment.

08/02/2013

C DEAN S.

Went great as stated the Reason for appointment

Description of Work
I have worn dentures for 62 years, I assumed that after 7 years my present dentures should be replaced. Upon examination it was determined my current teeth are fine and do not need to be replaced. This was at the Beaver Valley facility. NMS

Category dentists, dentures

05/06/2013

Gregan T.

The service from Aspen Dental is great. They're very professional. We'll be using them again.

Description of Work
They're our dentists.

02/07/2013

Ulrike E.

When I called back to make the follow up appointment, they didn't have anything in my record that the dentist had told me about the soft liner. He told me it wouldn't cost anything. That would be the only disappointment, I was going to address that once I got there but I haven't gone back yet.

Description of Work
I had my dentures done there with Aspen dental.

11/18/2012

Ladd S.

After not being to a dentist in a very long time they were very accommodating and not demeaning like the last dentist I went to.

Description of Work
top set of dentures

07/06/2012

Heather F.

They were very quick, thorough, and professional. They got me on the same day which was great. Office was clean. I haven't had any complaints to them.

Description of Work
I did visit Aspen Dental for a tooth pain. They referred me to an Endodontics for the root canal.

Category endodontics, dentists

05/03/2012

Julie S.

I had all different kinds of x-rays, as well as an overall check-up from the dentist himself. As I said, I was "shopping" for a dentist so I did not sign up for any follow-up appointments.

Description of Work
I was looking for a dentist in the area, and thought a "chain" like Aspen Dental would be good. All staff I dealt with were extremely kind and courteous. They gave me all information clearly and concisely, always with a kind attitude. However, when the dentist himself looked over my teeth, I could barely understand him. He was soft-spoken, and had some kind of an accent. The two combined caused me -- a person with very small hearing loss -- to spend the entire time asking him to repeat himself. He didn't seem to raise his voice either, when I kept asking him to repeat himself. Despite the kind office/assistant staff, I won't go back there.

04/06/2012

varana M.

They were very professional and they did a good job. They were very attentive through this painful procedure. We were able to get in right away.

Description of Work
My wife went in for an extraction.

Category endodontics, dentists, oral surgeons, cosmetic dentist, dentures

03/29/2012

David I.

It went well and they were really good. Sometimes if you get afternoon visits, you have to wait a while but if you go in the morning it is really quick.

Description of Work
I went in for a check up today.

02/24/2011

Andrew T.

My only complaint was that I had to go back twice; first time was for X-ray's because I was a new client and it cost some money. Then I had to go back complaining again, that was next day or two. They were professional and teeth look really clean. The office was nice and clean. They have standard dentist there. The staff is friendly and they were punctual.

Description of Work
I used ASPEN DENTAL for general dentistry. My last visit to them was in January for teeth cleaning.

08/13/2010

Kathleen O.

It didn't go well. I'll never go there again. I think they were unprofessional and their care was poor.

Description of Work
Removal of teeth for placing a partial bridge

07/10/2009

Ryan A.

Our whole family goes to them. They treat us like we are a family. They know us well and they recognize us when we go there. They are gentle and they are patient with the children. They are in fact wonderful with the children. They are very understanding. They take the time to listen. They are kind, courteous and friendly. They do a good job. They are thorough. They explain everything before they start the procedure. They know you don?t understand their lingo so they talk to you on your level. They are very organized.

Description of Work
We go there to get our dental work done. We have been going to them for over a year.

10/06/2008

MELANIE K.

The dental hygienist is the most gentle one I have ever had. I can practically fall asleep in the chair and I used to dread going to the dentist. She is very good at not poking your gums with sharp objects. However, you have to make an evening appointment months and months in advance. Also, a few days before the appointment, not only do they call to remind you, but you actually have to call them back to confirm. If you don't return the call, they keep calling.

Description of Work
My husband and I get our teeth cleaned and X-rayed twice a year.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Denture Labs

EXAMS, X-RAYS & HYGIENE SERVICES, TEETH WHITENING, FILLINGS, ROOT CANALS, & EXTRACTIONS, CROWNS, BRIDGES, FULL & PARTIAL DENTURES, ORAL SURGEONS & SPECIALISTS.