Amshel's Home Pet Sitting Service, LLC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since January 2006

205 RIDGE RD

Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Amshel's Home Pet Sitting Service, LLC has been offering quality individual care and individual boarding for all pets since 1993! We will come to you with an introductory meeting to ensure a great fit and get to know your animal. We also offer overnight sitting if you're going on vacation or your pet just doesn't want to leave! Call us today for details and find out why we are the purrfect fit for you!...

08/17/2018

JAMES P.

Amshel's Home Pet Sitting Service is the best! I know our dog is in the absolute best care when we are gone due to the love and devotion of the owner Gail. We could not ask for a better pet sitting service, thank you!

Description of Work
Pet sitting

Category pet sitters

Thank you [Member Name Removed], I really enjoyed having Sasha stay with me and my dogs. She was a very good girl and is welcome here anytime. : ) Gail

06/29/2018

Barbara H.

Everything went as expected. Lori is great.

Description of Work
House visit to take care of pets while away

Category pet sitters

Thank you [Member Name Removed], Lori enjoyed Molly and June and is looking forward to seeing them again. Gail

07/14/2015

Emma B.

We want to thank Gail for taking care of our cavalier King Charles spaniel, Ellie. While my husband and I were excited about our 2 week holiday, we were concerned about how to address the pet sitting question. Gail was both understanding and knowledgeable. We developed a transition plan including a couple play dates and sleepovers prior to the actual trip, so that the change was not overly dramatic for our pup. While we were away, Gail took great care of Ellie. It is clearly apparent that Gail adores the four-legged family members that she looks after. -Emma Blattenberger

Description of Work
Petsitting services including feeding, walks, and kindness.

Category pet sitters

[Member name removed], Thank you so very much for letting me take care of your little girl. She is so sweet and fun. She got along well with my new rescued dog and was a pleasure to have in my home. You are right, there is nothing like the 4 legged child that makes us all happy to share our lives with them. I am looking forward to having her here again this and the next coming month. Again thank you! - Gail

01/14/2015

Bai X.

They are very professional and nice people. They love pets, and they are so knowledgeable about them. I would definitely use they service again!

Description of Work
Dog sitting for 3 days.

Category pet sitters

(member name removed), Thank you so much for your kind words. I know that Bob really enjoyed having Shiloh @ his home. I am very blessed with all of my workers. They all love the animals as all of us animal lovers do. Please call anytime you need help again. Gail

08/05/2014

kim P.

Tricia did a great job of walking and entertaining our puppy while we were away. This was so much more cost effective than kenneling the dog. I will definitely use these services again.

Description of Work
The provider walked and played with my 6 month old puppy twice daily for 45 minutes each time ($20/time). She provided fresh water and food as specified. Fed our 17 yo cat. We were away for a week, but my older daughter was home but working during the day. This was a cost efficient method for our puppy to stay at home where she is most comfortable.

Category pet sitters,kennels

(member name removed), thank you so much for your kind words. I will let Tricia know how thoughtful you were to post this. We are all lucky to have the jobs we have .... loving, playing and taking care of our best friends in life, the animals. Sincerely, Gail

06/11/2014

Nelda H.

They have been lifesavers for us. We just moved up here in February from Texas, and we were flying down to Louisiana the middle of March. I have a small dog, and 2 cats. I did not want to board them anywhere, it has caused my little dog to be sick. I called Amshel's panicked the day before we were leaving and she assured me she had the right person. She sent Lisa out the evening prior and she met them. They loved her. She came 3 times a day to the house, and wrote a little diary everyday on each visit. She took pictures everyday and texted them to us. Lisa has come several times to our office and I give Amshel's name out along with Lisa to everyone. They are bonded and I don't worry when they are in Lisa's hands.

Description of Work
They sent Lisa to our house to take care of our 3 babies. (2 cats, 1 dog)

Category pet sitters

[member name removed], Thank you so much for placing this review of my business and the sweet kind words about Lisa. I am blessed with all my workers and know in my heart that it is all about the quality of care and loving every bodies animals the way we would want our own animals taken care of. Again, thank you so much. Gail

05/04/2014

Greg N.

Our dogs love going to Amshel's Home Pet Sitting Service, and as the pet's care takers - we love leaving them in her capable hands. Our dogs Chloe and Sophie return from a vacation at Gail's house practically exhausted from the amount of fun they have. It literally takes them days to recover from all the playing and fun they have with her and they get so excited as we near her home because they know where they're going while we travel. We were both taken back by Gail's nice home which has clearly been tweaked over the years of being a pet owner which results in it being the perfect location for dog sitting in our minds. It features a large fenced in yard with open areas to play and trails which provide plenty of room for the dogs to roam and snoop around with a very secure fence and gate to prohibit accidental escape. Her home has a pet door to allow the dogs to come and go as they please, but I don't believe my dogs learned how to use it just yet. I was surprised when Gail asked us questions like "Do your dogs like to sleep in bed with you" and "Do they like to swim" because after seeing her beautiful home and pool... I would never imagine anyone wanting my two rambunctious pups anywhere near her nice in ground pool, but she welcomes swimmers and even those pampered dogs who believe in sleeping in bed! I was worried if we'd be welcome back after I learned my more eager pup attempted to help Gail do some unplanned gardening the one day, but being the true animal lover she is when I asked if we were welcome back after the incident she responded shockingly saying "I hope these two girls will come back to see me!" In addition to the standard pet sitting, Gail offers an ala carte list of services, some of which we've taken advantage of. Things like extra walks, etc. which our dogs absolutely love and made us realize she truly does provide an amazing service. While our dogs get along with just about anyone on two legs or four, I appreciate that Gail will not combine guests at her home unless the four legged guests have met and she has determined they're friendly with each other, and only with each owner's permission which is spectacular. We've had visits where our pets were there on their own or there with another family's dog, and each service has gone without a hitch. During one visit we were delayed on our flights home and Gail graciously waited up very late for us and even offered to keep the dogs an extra night which was extremely appreciated. When other providers we "vetted" were much more concerned with "Where can I drop the dogs off if you don't get home on time," when the issue actually happened Gail was overly accommodating for our situation which we really appreciated. I don't have any specifics handy in regard to the services provided for cost paid with each visit, but I seem to recall our last being approximately $250 for both dogs to stay at her home and get extra walks each day over a 3 day weekend. I'll simply say you get what you pay for and while I originally though it was a tad pricey, in all honesty I had nothing to compare the prices to. In the end I'll just say that the peace of mind that comes from having Amshel's Pet Sitting Services care for our dogs while we travel and seeing the happiness of our well exercised dogs upon our return has translated into me feeling it is absolutely money well spent and I've never considered looking for another provider. We plan to use Amshel's Home Pet Sitting service for as long as we live in the region and truly appreciate the terrific service she provides. She is an absolute pet lover and allows us to travel without worrying about our pets being in good care.

Description of Work
Gail Amshel has watched our two very energetic pups for us while we traveled several times in the past year with the pet sitting occurring in her home which is extremely welcoming to pets.

Category pet sitters

[Member Names], I can not thank you enough for such kind words about my pet sitting service. I can only say that .... yes, I do love all animals and feel blessed that I have this business. Nothing makes me happier than sharing my home or my time with the animals. Again, thank you sooooo much!!! Gail Amshel

04/09/2014

Eric P.

I had never used a pet sitting service before, I relied on kennels and boarding facilities to care for my pets when I was out of town. When I called Amshel's home pet sitting service, I was put at ease immediately. Rebecca was my sitter and when she came out for the consultation I expected her to run. I have three very rambunctious dogs, who can be sweet, but are usually more than a handful for anyone (including me). Rebecca seemed undaunted by them and asked lots of questions about their feeding schedule and potty times not to mention petting them and getting lots of licks (sorry). It was due to rain during her stay with my dogs, and she even reminded me about towels for their paws so they don't track wet and muddy prints through the house. I left for vacation knowing that they were in good hands, Rebecca kept in touch via text, letting me know that everything was ok, that everyone had been fed and pottied, etc. When I returned home, it was like I never left, the dogs were happy, I didn't have to drive to a kennel to pick them up, or worry about getting in at an odd time when the kennel might be closed and incur another day of fees. Nope, straight home to my babies and the confidence of having a pet sitter rather than just a plain old kennel where sometimes you can't really check in if you're worried. I will definitely use Amshel's again.

Description of Work
Stayed overnight in my home to take care of my pets

Category pet sitters,kennels

03/27/2014

Suzanne B.

I love working with Lisa. She writes a daily log with progress (new cat, warmed up to a stranger slowly), and is patient with animals, with whom she clearly loves working. She stays with even an unresponsive or shy pet, giving it time to get used to her and have some company. I like that Amshel's has several employees and that Lisa lives near me (and can get to my house even in lousy weather). I have used them before, and will again!

Description of Work
Lisa fed, watered, talked to and played with cat, and scooped litter for nine days. She came a week earlier to meet the cat and get paperwork filled out and confirm that her copy of the key worked.

03/24/2014

Kim C.

Trisha was wonderful to work with. She came to the house a few days before our departure to pick up keys and find out information on how to care for our cat. She was very detailed in her questions and wrote down my instructions. When we returned, our cat was was happy and the litter box and surrounding area were very clean. We are also planning on hiring them for our next vacation, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Amshel's cared for my cat while we were on vacation. The caretaker, Trisha, fed the cat, gave treats, dumped litter and brushed her daily. She also brought in the mail and packages while we were away. The owner, Gail, will match you with a pet sitter to fit your needs.