Mid-City Tire & Auto

Founded 1965 • With Angi since July 2008

709 Washington Ave

Philadelphia, PA 19147

Family owned & operated. Additional DBA - Mid-City Tire. Award winning....

02/05/2018

William S.

Couldn't ask for better service.

Description of Work
Replace complete set of tires

05/11/2017

Henry C.

One good thing is they did the inspection at no charge to you but bad thing is that they won't do the job unless they supply parts themselves. For example, if you have shocks yourself and want them to install it for you they won't do the job.

Description of Work
I bought my car Mid-City Tires and Auto for a shock absorber inspection.

Category auto repair, car inspections

04/19/2017

Matthew H.

01/21/2016

Ian I.

Description of Work
They changed my car's oil and checked its brakes.

03/29/2015

Hannah T.

I called Mid City on Saturday morning and the tire was repaired and back on the car in less than thirty minutes! Great people! Terrific Service! and all with a sense of humor!

Description of Work
My car's tire had a slow leak - a nail was in it! They said bring it in!

12/30/2014

Alfred M.

Everything went as expected. The service was courteous and professional. Got good advice on which tires to buy.

Description of Work
Put on 4 new tires

10/14/2013

Ellen R.

I picked-up a screw in a tire over the weekend. I stopped in to Mid-City on Columbus Day without an appointment. Ritchie assisted me and the shop looked at my car promptly notwithstanding that it was a busy Monday morning and holiday. As it turned out, the screw didn't penetrate the tread, so there was no charge. They could have sold me a new tire--I wouldn't have known any better. Good, honest business people. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Inspected tire for repair.

10/01/2013

Rajiv S.

I called for an appointment. They were not available immediately, which was something that I was not used to. I scheduled to drop my car off on a Thursday. I parked my car on the street Wednesday night and left my keys in a drop box. They called on Thursday near the end of the day and explained the problems and the solutions. I thought they were very attentive and honest. I was the afraid the cost was going to be high, but it was reasonable. They explained that I could pick up the car by the end of day Friday. Because of my work, I couldn't get there before close. They offered to stay an extra hour so I could get my car, but I picked it up Saturday morning. Ultimate, they are friendly and customer oriented. Bravo.

Description of Work
They replaced a motor mount in my 2001 Ford Focus Wagon. They also manufactured a part to repair a part of the muffler that had come loose under the vehicle.

09/15/2013

EMILY B.

I will definitely return to Mid-City Tire and Auto and I highly recommend their service and employees. A few days ago, I got a flat tire just as I was about to head off on a 2hr drive. MCTand A was the closest shop around, but I arrived just at closing time (on a Saturday). Even though the shop had essentially shut down for the day, Mike (the manager) and Jack (off-duty flat specialist!) didn't leave me stranded. They patched the tire for me, and Mike even helped to and quot;reinitializeand quot; the tire monitoring system in the car after the repair was finished. Without the help of Mike and Jack, I would have been trouble. Apparently, MCTand A go out of their way for their customers, which is not something that you might expect these days. That, combined with great prices, and friendly service, is why I definitely will make a point of returning. A business worth supporting.

Description of Work
Patched tire

03/26/2013

Rhonda E.

Everything was simple! I made a phone call, I was given an estimate on the price for four tires. I made an appointment and took my car to the shop. My car was ready in a short period of time. There was absolutely no long waiting. I AM VERY PLEASED!

Description of Work
I purchased four new tires. The service was great,a little pricey but good! They were fast ,and very professional. I will definitely use their services again.

10/05/2012

TOM L.

I found this place on Angie's List. I called and received accurate information that I could simply bring the car over and they would take care of a flat tire while I waited. I estimate from the time of my arrival (at about 2pm on a Friday) to the time I left the lot was only about 15-20 minutes. They were polite, gave me an accurate estimate, and the serviceman even showed me how my jack worked when I asked about it. The person managing the desk was Richie and he was great. I marked n/a on the price because I did not shop around and I have no idea what services such as this usually cost. The new tire and labor and tax came to $140.

Description of Work
Had a flat tire that they looked over and said could not be repaired, so they replaced the tire , mounted it , balanced it and installed it, and also put the spare back in the trunk.

02/03/2012

Kara G.

This will be my forever go-to shop for car repairs, inspections and tires. I needed to get my car towed to a place that could replace my flat tire and also had concerns about some smoky exhaust and a glaring "check engine" light, soI called Mid City because of their high rating on this site. When I called, Richie was extremely helpful and professional. He gave me the number of a reliable towing company and told me he'd call me when my car was brought in. Tow truck arrived in no time and my tire wasn't filling with air, so off it went... Within a half hour, Richie called to go over the issues I had with my car and told me he'd get back to me by the end of lunch, which he did. My tire had had a hole in it, which they fixed, and he had tried to diagnose the exhaust problem and took an oxygen meter reading, which showed a high trace of oxygen in the exhaust. He told me that my best bet was to take my car to the dealer because they'd know right away what to do and fix it, and said he wasn't going to be charging me for looking things over. All I had to pay was the tire repair cost and the cost of the towing, which they paid when my car arrived. When I got there to pick up my car, Richie was so friendly and the place was as clean as a pediatrician's office! Such nice, professional people, excellent service, an overall best bet!!!

Description of Work
checked problem with my tire and patched it. checked my exhaust and engine. recommended towing service and pre-paid for tow.

11/04/2011

Barbara P.

Excellent customer service. I explained the kind of driving I do and received a recommendation for car tires. They make it simple for someone like me who doesn't know alot about cars.

Description of Work
I had been told elsewhere I needed new tires. I called Mid-City around 3:30 pm to see if I could bring my car over. Ten minutes later I arrived and Mid-City looked at the tires. Mid-City advised replace two, keep the other two. About fifteen minutes later the work was done and I had time to run other errands before the end of the business day.

10/23/2011

Michelle G.

I took my car to Mid City to get the brakes checked because the light was on. I figured I needed to get the brake pads replaced. Richie, who helped me, was really friendly and told me he'd call once they had a chance to look at it. Turns out, it was the emergency brake. They did a full inspection, scraped off some rust and he told me the pads still had some life in them. No charge! Needless to say I was impressed. Richie couldn't have been nicer. I plan to return there for future auto repair needs.

Description of Work
Brake inspection

09/18/2011

MOLLY E.

Fabulous! They we super friendly and helpful. They did the work immediately and it only took 15 minutes. Work was guaranteed!

Description of Work
I got a tire patch because there was a nail in my tire.

08/31/2011

James W.

Excellent service. I had called the shop the day befor and discussed what my tire needs were. The tires were in the following morning and I was promptly called. I also had an oil change and general vehicle check while I was there for the tires. Everything was done at a fair price promptly by a competent staff. It was a pleasure dealing with the manager, Richie.

Description of Work
New Tires, oil change, general vehicle check up.

08/07/2011

Jeffery C.

They are friendly and considerate. Family-owned and a local business well-worth supporting. The owner (I'm sorry I don't know his name) is energetic and funny: and quot;You gotta pick it up by 4:30 or I'm keeping it.and quot; and and quot;A Subaru with 90,000 miles? It's still just a baby.and quot; They don't try to sell you things or services you don't need. AND THEY ARE FAST! I gave them a B on price *only* because they are not the cheapest place around. But you absolutely get more than you pay for here.

Description of Work
I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have found these people. I needed new tires to pass my inspection. I dropped the car off, and while I was walking the few blocks home, they called and said I only needed two, that two of the current tires still had several thousand miles on them. They have also done my inspections for the last two years. I go to the dealership (Subaru) when I have to, but for everything else, Mid-City is the only place I go. They are incredibly efficient and fast -- and the garage is amazing -- you could eat off the floor in this place! Honestly, I have never seen a garage that was so clean. I know that doesn't mean much in terms of the work they do, but it speaks volumes about the pride they take in their business.

05/31/2011

Natalie D.

Price was very good. Staff was very knowledgeable. Same day service.

Description of Work
Replaced flat tire with tire of same type.

01/27/2011

Stephen D.

It’s a good service and they are honest. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I went to Mid-City Tire & Auto for an inspection and new brake rotors.

Category auto repair, car inspections

11/15/2010

Matthew G.

They were responsive, worked with me on price, and completed the job in a timely manner

Description of Work
New tires, alignment.

10/11/2010

Jeffery C.

These people are terrific -- I was so happy to find them! I made an appointment for first thing on a Saturday morning, and got there at 8 am. I could really only afford two new tires, so they helped me decide which ones to keep, and moved those to the back. They also did an oil change and topped off the other fluids. They called me 9:45 am to tell me the car was ready! Very impressed and will be definitely using them again. Their prices are not the lowest you'll find, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for!

Description of Work
New front tires, oil change

06/14/2010

Kenneth E.

They did a nice job. I think we paid about $1000 for the 4 tires. They were the BMW 3 series car tires. They did a very good job. They also do the inspection for the annual registration. They were quick and efficient. We will use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Mid-City Tire and Auto replaced my tires about six months ago.

11/21/2009

Roberta V.

Mid City Tire staff are beyond professional with a very personal touch. I initially went to their location to get an inspection. They provided me with 3 tires for a great price and completed the work very fast. They made suggestions for additional services and assisted me in contacting my extended warranty company to have those services completed for NO CHARGE at all. I have not worked with a company who is so thoughtful, professional, down-to-earth, and HONEST in such a long time- It is very refreshing. They will be my only auto mechanic from now on and I am referring them to all of my friends.

Description of Work
Replaced tires, completed an inspection, and replaced strut bolts

05/17/2009

Timothy G.

I'm a teacher and discovered I had a flat after school. I sprayed in some Fix-a-Flat and drove the 5 or 6 blocks to Mid City Tire. The place was packed and they told me I'd have to wait as there were 6 people ahead of me. I thought the wait would be 30 minutes to an hour, but it was not 15 minutes or so and my car was in the bay! They pulled the tire, plugged the hole which, coincidentally was made by a nail in the exact same place I got a nail about 6 months ago and was repaired by the same guy, charged me 20 bucks and I was on my way. They were pleasant, professional and very efficient. One thing, ALWAYS TELL THE TIRE FIXER IF YOU SPRAYED FIX-A-FLAT in the tire. Apparently that stuff is pretty nasty. Everyone at the shop was great, but they hustle all day and close promptly at 5 PM.

Description of Work
Had tire repaired on mini-van.

08/21/2008

Deirdre F.

These guys are great. When I went to get all four tires replaced, the mechanic said, "No, two of them are actually fine. They don't need replacing yet" so I only got two replaced. I said I couldn't pick up the car until later that day because I had an appointment and he said he'd do the tires right away so I could take my car then. Friendly and courteous service. Just a great place to take your car.

Description of Work
Two tires replaced. And I don't remember how much it cost.