Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2006

1645 Howell St

Philadelphia, PA 19149

Madeline’s Paws and Claws Pet Sitting has served the Philadelphia area for over 13 years. Whether you’re looking for daily dog walks, weekends, vacations or just occasional care for your dogs, cats, small animals, birds, fish, reptiles (sorry, no snakes), my staff and I are ready for your pets and you! We are prepared for emergency calls. All of my pet sitters are bonded and insured. Each family has a distinct way of caring for their pets and we give each family customized care. Pet parents --- we love your instructions! Also, we are trained to give medications. In order to keep your home looking occupied, we’ll bring in your mail, water your plants and any other small details that may need attention when you are away. At the end of each visit there will be a detailed log describing what was done during the visit and, if desired, texts and photos will be sent to the pet parent. We are members of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters and Pet Sitters International. Visit the Madeline’s Paws and Claws Sitter page on Facebook for useful information and our website. Take a look at us!...

12/05/2016

MaryKate T.

Excellent! Kim was our dog walker and she was excellent with our german shepherd and two cats. I'm very picky with who goes near my animal and I felt completely at easy when they were taking care of them

Description of Work
Dog walker

Category pet sitters

Thank you for the great review! Our dog walker/pet sitter loved your pets and miss them since you moved.

11/30/2016

MaryKate T.

Everything went great, Madeline did a house visit and brought the 2 people over who would be looking after my puppy murph. Both Madeline, Kim and her mother were professional, on time and you could tell that they truly care about animals. (Kim sends texts to keep me updated when she is visits) It's comforting to know I have them to look after murph when I'm not around.

Description of Work
dog walking and sitting

Category pet sitters

Thank you very much for the great review. I understand it's a pleasure for my dog walker / pet sitter to visit your puppy. We look forward to more visits. Thank you again!

11/01/2016

Harry C.

Madeline exceeded our expectations. She sent us texts with pictures of our kitty and kept a detailed log for us to read when we came home. She is a total professional. Could not recommend her more highly.

Description of Work
Cat sitting while we were on vacation

Category pet sitters

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to sit with your kitty. She is very sweet and loved to cuddle and purr. Thank you again and I look forward to future visits.

08/22/2016

Wilma L.

Madeline has been my life line and she allows me to travel for work with no worry. She takes great care of Sam and Shannon (dog and cat respectively) and they love their Aunt Maddie. Cost of service varies by pets and number of visits required.

Description of Work
Pet Sitting

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your generous praise. It's a treat to spend the time with your kids! Especially walking the neighborhood with your pup. Can't wait to see them again.

07/08/2016

Gail C.

Description of Work
Madeline has sent Kim (and Annette as backup!) three times to our home to take care of our three cats all with very different personalities. They are played with, fed, given fresh water, liter changed, and best of all truly cared for in our absence! It is hard to leave your pets, but Madeline provides loving, trustworthy care for a more then reasonable price. Thank you. Gail

Category pet sitters

Thank you very much for the glowing review. I know my pet sitters had a ball with your kitties. I was fortunate enough to sit with them once (I aim for more visits in the future) and I agree with them. Three fun kitties! We all look forward to future visits.

12/07/2015

MARLEEN P.

Description of Work
I was very pleased with everything. The ladies were very personable, attentive and concerned to my pets, kept in touch with me via text and photos. It was an overall good experience.

Category pet sitters

My pet sitters had a lot of fun with your kitties! I hope to have the chance to visit them at future visits.

07/11/2015

Terri L.

She did an amazing job and we came home to relaxed, healthy happy kitties! Her daily log was a joy to read and I would recommend her services to anyone looking for a responsible, reliable and loving pet sitter.

Description of Work
Madeline took care of our cats while we were away, three of which needed medication. She also took care of mail, plants and lights to make it appear as if someone was home.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for the kind words. Your kitties are sweet. All 3 of them readily accepted the medications. I think that was due to their good upbringing. I look forward to future visits.

05/01/2015

mary D.

They LOVE all pets and the pets detect this. They're reliable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Took care of two cats and two dogs with multiple visits and walks. Always detailed in each visit with fresh water, litter boxes cleaned and Mail brought in. Professional & Licensed pet sitter. All employees are bonded and have passed a security / background check.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for the glowing review. We all love your kids and were happy to spend the time with them. The pups love to walk --- as do we. Thanks again and looking forward to future visits.

02/27/2015

mary D.

great. huge animal lover. kin, trust worthy. used many times.

Description of Work
pet sit several times

Category pet sitters

Thanks very much! It's always a pleasure to walk the dogs and play with the kitties. Can't wait to see them again.

01/21/2015

Philip R.

Description of Work
Walked or put dogs out. Fed dogs. Brought in mail, papers. Very good.

Category pet sitters, dog walkers

Thank you for your review. You have 2 very special dogs. They love to run around the yard. We look forward to visiting the dogs again.

10/12/2014

MaryAnne V.

Madeline took great care of our dog and cat while we were away on vacation. I would give an A+ if I could. I truly know that my animals loved her and had a great experience. She took the time to write notes and send me texts to let me know how they were doing. I would surely refer her services to anyone that has fur babies that need a good caretaker while they are away.

Description of Work
Once a day feeding for cat and dog and dog walk, clean cat box, bring in mail, water flowers, check blinds and windows and play time.

Category pet sitters, dog walkers

Thank you for the great review! It was a treat for me to visit and care for your pets . I look forward to future visits.

05/29/2014

J Alicia B.

Madeline's Paws and Claws did another great job watching over my elderly cat. I've used them before and don't hesitate to call them whenever I need them. Each day there was a 30+ minute visit to feed the cat, refresh the water, provide snacks and scoop the litter. The sitter also takes the time to give them cat some attention, affection and playtime if the cat feels like it. I got a written detailed accounting of each day. I had a last minute change in plans so cancelled one of the 3 original days I had booked. It was not a problem for them and no costs were incurred for that. They are very friendly and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Cat sitting services for 1 cat. Fed, water and scooped litter. Brough in mail

Category pet sitters

Thank you for you thoughtful review. Your kitty is very sweet. We always look forward to future visits.

05/27/2014

mary D.

She is experienced,licensed,bonded and a hugh animal lover.

Description of Work
Provided caring,professional care to my dogs and cats.made me feel confident my pets were in great hands.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your kind words. Your dogs and cats are very special to us. Can't wait to see them again.

01/15/2014

Anthony M.

I had a very good experience with her. I contacted her from Angie's List and she did come here. Everything was excellent. She was just great. She did everything that I wrote and told her to do. She did everything accordingly. She provided the service from 12/8 to 12/15. The price was reasonable. I will definitely use her again in the future.

Description of Work
Madeline, Paws and Claws Sitter came out and did the pet sitting.

Category pet sitters

Thank your for your kind review. At first your kitties were shy but when they realized I had toys (laser, feather wand) they hung out with me. Looking forward to future visits.

08/27/2013

ellen W.

They are fabulous. They are reliable, responsible and great with my dog. I like that they leave a report card. They always leave a report everything much about the dog as like when they went to the bathroom which was fabulous. Everything about them is great.

Description of Work
I used Madeline, Paws and Claws Sitter for dog walking.

Category pet sitters, dog walkers

Thank you for your review. Your dog loves to walk and play. So do we. Can't wait for more visits.

06/11/2013

Angela K.

As always - Madeline is awesome! At one point, I had two beloved dogs - ages 17 and 19. Without Madeline, I would never have felt comfortable leaving them. Madeline gets it. She always leaves a documented summary of how each day goes with your pets. If she ever has any doubts or concerns, you are made immediately aware. Just so you know, she has been kind enough to hold the phone to my dog's ear so I could say hi! I have used her services for some years now and will continue to do so as well as recommend her to my friends (who wish they could find as good a babysitter for their human kids!)

Description of Work
Madeline came to my home twice daily to care for my dog, my elderly cat, my bird, as well as feeding my outdoor critters - some feral cats and bird feeders.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your thoughtful review! Every one of your pets are special to us including outside the critters. Can't wait to spend more time with them.

06/03/2013

J Alicia B.

It was an extremely hot weekend and my a/c wasn't working so it did get hot in my house. Bonnie, the cat sitter, took extra care with my cat to ensure he was drinking water and going to a cooler part of the house. She spent entra time ensuring the safety and health of my pet which I am extremely grateful for. I feel really confident leaving my cat in their care. I also appreciated the detailed report of his weekend which they provide. I already have some future dates lined up.

Description of Work
Feed and care of cat. Clean litter, freshen up water, clean out old food & replace with new food. Bring in the mail. Pet cat.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for the very kind review. We treat every pet individually to make sure they are well cared for. We are happy to take extra measures to assure comfort.

11/04/2012

J Alicia B.

Prior to the actual services the owner, Madeline and the cat sitter, Bonnie, came over to the house for about a 1/2 hour interview on the cats habits and care. This also included showing where the general supplies and cat items were in the house and introduction to the cats. Their services were discussed and I went ahead to schedule them. While away Bonnie came daily to take good care of the cats. Bonnie took extra time to make friends of my particularly shy cat. I appreciated the extra care taken with them. Due to the Hurricane Sandy conditions they were not able to make it one day but they did contact my emergency contact, my brother, in a very timely manner. He then was able to cover that day. I considered the weather conditions something of an exception and agreed with their approach to the situation. My one cat requires stomach medications from time to time. Bonnie saw he needed to have the meds and then brought over a packet of pill pouch pockets to make it easier to get him to take his meds. She left the package at the house for continued use. Overall my cats seemed very well cared for which is something that was of utmost importance. I would definitely use their services again and do recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Cat sitting services for 5 days for 2 cats. Daily feeding, filling water, cleaning litter, giving meds and playing with them. Also brought in the mail.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review. We do our best to care for each pet individually for their comfort. We look forward to visiting your kitties again.

01/28/2012

Thomas R.

I cannot recommend Madeline highly enough. My cat is 15 years old and diabetic, and requires insulin twice daily. I had to travel on business for 5 days, and Madeline came in twice a day to feed, water, medicate and play with my cat. I came to a healthy, happy cat, along with detailed notes on every visit for the five days. Madeline cares for my pet as if it were her own, and I will not use anyone else now to providepet sitting services. She is absolutely the best, and I recommend her without any reservations.

Description of Work
Madeline cared for my elderly cat while I was out of town.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your thoughtful review. Your kitty is very sweet and I look forward to visiting him again.

11/03/2011

Kathleen B.

Good experience and will make use of their services in the future.

Description of Work
Madeline and Bonnie took great care of my two cats. One is always happy to come out and socialize the other likes to hide, but even she made an appearance. They also brought in my mail and did a great job of cleaning up after my 2 cats. I have used them twice and will use them again in the future.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your review. Your kitties are very sweet. We look forward to visiting them again.

09/04/2010

Andrew P.

Madeline's work is excellent. She performed the services promised in a professional and timely manner. She left detailed reports of her visits and how the cats fared while we were away.

Description of Work
Madeline came to our house 2-3 times per week to feed street cats. She watered our garden, took in mail, and looked after the house.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for the kind review. All pets are special to us whether they live inside or outside. It was a pleasure to care for your feral cats and I look forward to future visits with them.

06/04/2010

Barbara D.

Madeline turned out to be a godsend! She took great care of my two chow-chows,and my cat which I didnt expect.I will be using her in the future and will introduce her to my new partner,a k9 officer! I highly recommend Madeline,and being a canine P/O,I am not always the trusting type!

Description of Work
I needed a babysitter for my two chows for three months while I was away training in another state,with another dog,my partner,a k9! I took a chance with Madeline,who I found on Angies list and I hit pay dirt with her! She was extremely professional upfront,thinking of things I wouldn't have.Additionally,she has her own contract,which is very impressive;I know she will be reliable!

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I loved being with your dogs and kitty. They welcomed me as if I was part of their family. I look forward to visiting them again.

06/23/2009

Robyn B.

I have been using Madeline Irwin as my pet sitter for the past 4 years, and she is an absolute treasure! When I first moved to Philadelphia, I knew that I would occasionally need a pet sitter to watch my cats when I went on vacation. Madeline came to my house and met the cats, I gave her a set of house keys, and then whenever I needed her, all I had to do was call. Even when calling last minute, Madeline has always managed to make time to care for my cats, inclucing holiday weekends when no one else is working. She is extremely caring and observant, and writes a daily "progress note" of how everything went for each day she visits. She has called to alert me when she noticed that someone else had been in the house while I was away (I had given my cousin keys to stop by, but forgot to tell Madeline about it). She often goes above and beyond what is expected, i.e. purchasing extra kitty litter or cat food if it ran out while I was away. I also have a bad habit of feeding every stray cat that comes by my front porch, and Madeline attends to them just as dilligently as to my house cats. I really cannot say enough about how wonderful she is! If you are like me and care about your pets as if they are family members, you cannot ask for a better pet sitter than Madeline.

Description of Work
Madeline has provided pet sitting services for my cats for the past 4 years. She will make one house visit a day for approximately 35-45 minutes, feed them, play with them, scoop the litter, bring in the mail, water the house plants, and write a daily "progress note" on how the kitties are doing. For my cats the charge is $20 per visit (I think that if your animals require medications or special needs the charge may be higher). She always responds promptly when I call, and has always been availble to watch my pets even on holiday weekends.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your very kind review. Your kitties are very special. I can always get at least one of them to play with the laser. Looking forward to future visits.

06/01/2008

John Z.

Everything went excellent. My dog is fine alone for 12 hours. Madeline came to my house in the early morning, let Max run around the yard, she played with him, gave him fresh water and food. She came back approximately 12 hours later and repeated the routine. She was willing to walk him, but he is happy running around his yard. She brought in my newspapers and mail, so my house did not look empty. Madeline came to my home for a total of seven visits, each visit was approximately 30 to 45 minutes and charged $20 per visit. When I returned, Max greeted me at the door, his usual frisky and happy self. He was content from being in his own home and was well cared for by Madeline Irwin. Madeline left me a written detailed report outlining her activities and interaction with my dog each visit. She is a true professional, honest and caring. She will be my sitter whenever I go away in the future.

Description of Work
I was going away for the long Memorial Day weekend (May 23 through May 27, 2008). My mother who usually would dog sit my Miniature Schnauzer was in the hospital and I had no one to look after my dog. I couldn't take him with me and I did not want to put him in a kennel. I had to find a pet sitter and I was so lucky to find Madeline Irwin. I was impressed with Madeline's professionalism in our initial phone conservation. She set an appointment to come out to my home the week before my planned departure. She was punctual and arrived at 5 PM sharp, our appointment time. She spent about 45 minutes with me sharing her credentials and references. My dog Max took to her immediately. It is obvious she loves animals and she takes to them so naturally. We completed all the paper work (she takes a very thorough inventory of the pet's needs and what the owner requires in her visits). I hired her to look after my dog in my absence.

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your thoughtful review. Your dog loves his backyard. It was a pleasure to visit him.

05/16/2007

HEATHER M.

Overall, I believe it has gone marvelously. Madeline has always visited the house and cared for the pets as she promised.

Description of Work
I have used Madeline's service several times to watch over my 3 labradors and 1 cat. I've used her service for both day trips and longer vacations (most recently 8 days in Hawaii last Xmas). She is the absolute best! She visits the house three times a day as I request, brings the mail in, checks the house lights, and most importantly cares as well as I would for my fur babies. Each trip is capped by the journal that Madeline leaves, detailing the daily activities of the "kids." Please note that the cost of Madeline's services will depend on what you ask her to do, the number of visits per day, number of pets, etc. I will absolutely always call Madeline for all of my pet sitting needs!

Category pet sitters

Thank you for your kind review. Your three dogs are high energy and love their walks and playtime. Your kitty stayed in the background but did enjoy a head scratch or two.

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking

Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Animal Feeding, & Plant Watering.

Snakes.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking

How is Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking overall rated?

Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking is currently rated 5 overall out of 5.

What days are Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking open?

Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking is open:

Sunday: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM

What payment options does Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking provide

Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offer free estimates?

Yes, Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offers free project estimates.

Does Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offer a senior discount?

Yes, Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offers a 5% senior discount.

Does Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offer emergency services?

Yes, Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking?

No, Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking does not offer warranties.

What services does Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offer?

Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking offers the following services: Pet Sitting, Dog Walking, Animal Feeding, & Plant Watering.

Are there any services Madeline's Paws & Claws Pet Sitting & Dog Walking does not offer?

Snakes.