DNG Complete Home Improvement Corp

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2015

4.1

PA112002
10/10/2016

DNG offers quality service at an affordable rate, DNG offers the most efficient liner systems on the market. 2-ply smooth wall stainless steel liners will save you up to 20% more than the standard lining system. If you are looking for quality repairs, that come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, call DNG Complete Home Improvement Corp. You can also reach the owner, David, directly at 267-693-6025....

DePaul Brothers Concrete

Hello My name is Gino DePaul president of DePaul Brothers Concrete. We are a family owned business. We specialize in concrete grading and excavating. Feel free to follow our business page on instagram @depaulbrothersconcrete Hope to hear from all of you on your next job!

Tom Natalini Sr & Son Inc

As a family masonry company, with multiple trucks on the road, a talented team of masons and over 6,000 projects completed, Natalini and Son have established themselves as one of the most trusted masonry and brick companies in the Philadelphia, PA area. Owner operated with 38 years of knowledge and know how to get the job done right. We are a team of 5 employees and use no subs. We are not a cookie cutter company so cost is determined by the job. We do not have travel charges. Please contact directly through email.

Artistic Masonry Co

Trust your next masonry project to the professionals. Not only do we offer you an insured and licensed specialist to lay out your project, we also provide you with exclusive warranties on our products and services. Ask your masonry expert during your estimate about what warranties we can offer you. With over 24 years of experience in masonry, Artistic Masonry Company is the premiere authority on all stone and brickwork in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. No travel charges. No service fees. Award winning. Additional DBA - Artistic Masonry Company.

Offers by Artistic Masonry Co on Angi

11/26/2019

Wendy Z.

I rarely write bad reviews, but I had an absolutely awful experience with DNG for a chimney inspection while buying my house, an feel it's my responsibility to let others know. First of all, the inspector did not come on the scheduled day, and instead came the next morning. The chimney expert who finally came was incredibly unprofessional - since I wasn't able to be there myself, it was just him and my realtor. He gave me piecemeal information via text, and it was very alarmist. He ended up giving me a quote that was WAY over what two other independent inspectors later gave me. Both chimney companies that came later separately told me that this DNG representative was not dealing in good faith, and my realtor also found him to be very shady. The worst part of all of this was that he also had the gas to the house shut off after he left...it seemed like an attempt to strong-arm either me or the sellers to do emergency repairs. I understand why he would try to shut off the gas to the house if he felt that it was a safety concern, but he did not reach out to me or the seller before he did it. He did this on a cold week in November, putting us in a very bad spot. Worst of all, when asked about it afterwards, he was brusque and cryptic, saying that we needed to pay for his estimated repairs immediately in order to get the gas turned back on. This was a very stressful situation, and I would not recommend DNG under any circumstances.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

11/20/2019

Chukwuemeka O.

I made an appointment for them to come out on 11/12/19 to take a look at my chimney, which was detiriorating badly from the inside. I had another company come out prior but wasn't satisfied with their estimation. I was told straight up that what I needed to have done would be a big job because of the length of time the problem had been occurring and any possible unknown factors that could arise during the job completion (all of which I researched for myself as a precaution). Long story short, I agree to do the work at a VERY reasonable price (based on the average price cost to do the job) and set up an appointment for 11/20/19 to run from 9am until 6pm. These guys were on time and did an amazing job. Like, I am really, REALLY, REALLY impressed. Having been jerked around and screwed over by so many contractors; it's refreshing to meet some that say what they mean, mean what they say and do what they say they're going to do....and are honest!

Description of Work
New Chimney flue liner installation

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

08/29/2019

Wendy R.

Excellent! Wonderful guys came just to sweep the chimney and after they examined it told us that the chimney was not up to code. They put in a new lining and cap and sis the correct attachment to the heater.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

03/26/2019

Angela S.

Company responded to my specific request for service I needed and then after 2 no shows for appointments, one because they didn't have the proper equipment to complete my job and the second no show was attributed to the tech going home with the flu (my appointment was at 10am) I was told my job would be 3 times the cost of the Angie's List advertised price. So instead of the $99 cleaning it would be $300. I had to remind them that they should be apologizing to me as a customer for no showing up twice and that they should be offering me a discount instead of tripling the quote fee. I was told they would take off $100 so it would only be double what the quoted price was. I chose not to let them do my job an I have been delayed 2.5 weeks and will need to start all over from the beginning. Extremely disappointed all the way around. I wouldn't trust this provider.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

03/14/2019

TROY B.

On December 6, 2018, John and Ben of DnG arrived to inspect the leaking chimney was missing a chimney cap which was the source of the leak. That afternoon, I was told they sealed over the open flues with mortar and then installed the chimney cap. I paid $1,932.00. This action did stop 97% of the leak. I called to schedule a return visit to fix the remaining leak. After several no-shows, I was promised that John would arrive on December 22, 2018, while I was away on vacation over the Christmas holidays. Before their arrival, John was convinced that any additional leaking was coming from the flashing. I requested that he replace the copper flashing to which he agreed. I left a check, amount yet to be determined, that was to be filled out given to them by our dog walker once the work was complete.However, while I was on vacation, he texted to say that he could save me money and also provide a 10yr warranty if he sealed the chimney flashing with tar, to which I agreed. Later that day, John texted to ask that I call. He explained that he had not only completed the work but had also inspected and performed work on our two other chimneys. Work that was never discussed or authorized. I later found out from our dog walker that he charged $3,200.00. This amount a) was higher than installation of real copper flashing, b) included work not authorized, and c) I later discovered that he did not complete all of the work for which he charged. The leak continued.... I called and texted many times attempting to get them back out to complete the work for which I was charged, not completed and some of which not authorized.. I am still waiting and it is March 14, 2019. On February 18, 2019, hired Built2Last to install new copper flashing as I had no confidence in the flashing work performed by John and DnG. On March 9, 2019, I hired Alined Chimeny to look into the leak. What they found was that John's original work was shoddy. When he applied the mortar prior to installing the chimney cap, he left several gaps/holes which allowed water to trickle into the flues and down the chimney. Dominick of Alined Chimney, sealed over the holes and reattached the chimney cap.. We received over an inch of ran that evening - no leak! If John had properly applied the mortar and installed the chimney cap on December 6, 2018, I would not have had months of headaches and been in the hole for thousands of extra dollars for work that was not requested and not performed. FYI, I have printouts of all of our texts to verify my statements. I wish there was a way I could upload the pdf files of our text strings.

Description of Work
Water leaking from Chimney

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

03/08/2019

Kaye Z.

In my experience...DNG Complete Home Improvement is a company with NO INTEGRITY AND POOR CHARACTER. I have no experience with how they operate as a chimney sweep, but I have experience with how the owner handles his responsibilities involving his employees and company owned vehicles. I was rear ended by one of their COMPANY trucks during rush hour one morning in mid January. The guy driving apologized up and down. He said he was sorry and that he's 100% at fault....which he was. He then tried to tell me there was no damage so no call to the police would be neccessary. I saw damage and called the police. Police arrived and after they made their determination, I was told I was okay to go and proceeded to work. Later in the day I came to find out the truck is registered to this company, DNG Complete Home Improvement. Ends up this company let this guy drive their truck on a SUSPENDED licence. As an owner of a company, its up to you to do your due diligence and verify drivers licences when you choose to let employees and/or family friends drive your vehicles in a business capacity. In addition, this driver couldn't provide proof of insurance so the truck was impounded at the scene. Well accidents happen and I understand that. After I found out that the offending driver was driving a truck registered to DNG Complete Home Improvement, I reached out to get the insurance information. I figured this "stand up" company (or so they would like you to believe.... ) would be willing to pay their deductible to ensure this wrong was made right as quickly as possible. HERES WHERE THE REAL PROBLEM STARTED!! The next day with my car damaged and a pinched nerve in my spine from the impact, I called I spoke to Bob. Bob said he was the manager and also assured me that I would get a call back from the owner, David Johnson. Bob swore I would be provided with the insurance information. I called several times that day to speak with David but he always "conveniently" just stepped out or wasnt there. And it was the same story when I asked my insurance agent to call and follow up. Guess who couldn't even give me the courtesy of a call back!?! That's right...David the owner of DNG!! There was NO way I was going through my own insurance for an accident that was NOT my fault. I was dead on rear ended, by a guy driving on a suspended license. If he hadn't been driving, because he legally shouldn't have been driving, NONE of this would have happened. But that's alright Dave. I spent MY time and energy to find YOUR insurance company. It could have been resolved in a two minute phone call. But again, Dave seems like he doesnt like to own up to his responsibilities as a business owner cause otherwise he would have returned one of my many phone calls. Hey, in Dave's favor, at least he had insurance. Im not sure if he still does since he let someone with a suspended license drive his truck. Considering the NEGLIGENT ENTITLEMENT/ENTRUSTMENT issue he may no longer have insurance...but that's Dave's problem. I filed a claim and I've been made whole for my damages. The point of this review is.....anyone thinking that this is a stand up guy running this company...think again. All I see in response to his terrible reviews are excuses and whining. He cant take responsibility for the complaints about his company by owning up to the issues and making his wrongs right...only excuses instead. AND...he couldn't even give me the courtesy of a call back to see if I was medically okay after HIS COMPANY VEHICLE rear ended me. If you think his approach to his work will be different than his approach to a car accident with his company owned truck...think again. My point is clear if you read his most recent reviews on various websites. The reviews are as terrible as his response to this car accident. It's been well OVER a month and he still hasn't returned my call and I dont expect one. Nor at this point would I accept his call. I'll be submitting this to every watchdog entity I can find as well as EVERYWHERE I can find a public review of this company. He wouldn't even ask if I was okay and he wouldn't even return a phone call. Next time Dave, a two minute phone call could really make all the difference when dealing with your negative business issues.

Description of Work
Return Phone Call

11/28/2018

Janet B.

They arrived on time, went right to work, had everything they required with them, explained everything to me and proceeded to perform the work professionally. Price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Two chimneys inspected, one required cleaning, caps installed on both and gutter downspouts cleared of debris.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

11/10/2018

Cynthia M.

Overpriced&incomplete job. Liner installed on 10-13-18. Planned on turning heat on week ending 11-11-18. My furnace man informs me that a Tee cap should have been installed to connect to the chimney liner to prevent condensation on my furnace. It was'nt, the same old cap out back on&there are rocks in it. Called DNG on 11-09-18 were supposed to send a new guy out because Dominck,who installed the liner was let go because of too many calls like mine. We're supposed to come out 11-10-18 but never showed. Called office,spoke to owner David who said he would call me back to get someone to my house. David never called me back,still waiting....

Description of Work
Chimney Liner

10/04/2018

Christian H.

This is a long review of my experience with this company. If you don’t want to read all of it just simply know; If you value your time and money do not contact this company, they are dishonest and do bad work. If you want to know more details keep reading. I hired the them to repair my chimney as it was leaking. After spending a lot of time and money, the problem is still not resolved. Here is an overview of what I had to endure during the last month or so. 1. No show on the first appointment. I took the day off to be there it was very important to me that the leak is going to be fixed ASAP as we had a lot of rainy days. Anyhow, no one showed up no one picked up the phone. I called the next day to ask what happened and was told that the technician called me, but I did not pick up and that I was not home when he came. Made up excuse! 2. Finally, a week later some one came and told us we must fix multiple things and it would cost $5000. They are a 5-star company and they have everything custom made. However, he can repair some of the damage and install a new flashing with 10-year warranty for $600. Since I really wanted the problem fixed I agreed. They also told me at least 10 times to write them a good review and to make sure I tip the guy who installed the flashing really well since he did an amazing job. 3. A couple of days later it rained, and it was still leaking. I called them and was told that there is no warranty on the flashing. Saying “only because a technician writes it on the receipt it does not make it true”. However, they want to help me and will call me back after talking to the technician to figure out the details. No one ever called back. 4. I finally called again a couple of days later asking what the status is and they gave me a new appointment. 5. No show again and I had taken the day off, again. Called they apologized they double booked, new appointment. 6. I took yet another day off. I saw the technician driving into the drive way. I took my dog upstairs, so he wouldn’t bother the technician. I come back, and the truck drove off. I call the office to ask what happened and I was told that the technician resealed the flashing but there is some problem with the neighbors’ part of the chimney that is causing the leak, but he can’t do any work on it without the neighbors being present. I asked the office why he didn’t tell me since the neighbors are home. I also told them it is strange that he could do all the work and assess the problem and never step out of the truck. I was promised that the manager would call me back the same day. No one called.

Description of Work
New flashing was installed, chimney cap resealed and stucco was repaired

Category chimney repair

09/30/2018

Brian Z.

John and Eddie were really friendly and professional. They showed us what was wrong with our chimney system and kept us up-to-date every step of the way. They did the hard dirty work on a Sunday and left our house spotless. Highly recommended, great service. Thanks!

Description of Work
New chimney liner and repairs

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

DNG Complete Home Improvement Corp

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2015

4.1

1735 Market St Suite 3750

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Chimney sweep, Chimney repair, rebuild, masonry, repointing, flashing, installing caps, and stainless steel liner system installation. Our stainless steel liners and caps come with life warranty.