Rapunzel's Salon & Spa

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2003

4.2

203 N Broad St

Lansdale, PA 19446

Rapunzel's Salon & Spa is a Lansdale Pennsylvania salon & day spa located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. We feature a highly trained & experienced staff that caters to each clients individual needs. Cost is determined by the job....

11/02/2015

L C.

Excellent in all respects. Book early because they are always crowded. Try to get a coupon for a discount.

Description of Work
Manicure/pedicure

09/22/2015

J Marie M.

Initially I liked it... it was a treat that I didn't ordinarily do. But as a short time went by, the perm didn't last and the cut was not right. I was disappointed.

Description of Work
wash, cut, perm

02/05/2014

Candy Ann S.

polite employees poorly managed and mediocre service for the price you pay . . everything is extra.

Post is from a Disgruntled ex-business partner! Please disregard

09/10/2013

R M.

I went to the salon to get a professional hair color, during the consultation I expressed my concern about it being too dark the stylist said she would put the lightest color on and said she would fix it if i was unhappy. After I went home it was so dark, I was extremely unhappy called the salon back twice and asked the stylist to call me to see if we could make changes. The stylist told the receptionist to have me wash my hair three times to lighten it, she did not get on the phone which I thought was very unprofessional. I then left my phone number for the owner to call me back have yet to receive a phone call. I feel as though this salon is very unprofessional and uncaring and I would never go back.

Description of Work
I went to get my hair colored, I got a semi-color done.

07/22/2013

Laura H.

Getting back to Justine... OMG, She's such a gem!!! So personably...feels like you're hanging out with your girlfriend. Who just happens to do GREAT hair!! My regular stylist was out of town, so I happened upon Justine, who has done hair for family and friends... I told Justine I wanted a pixie...short and tight...little trendy... and she delivered... We had such a great chat about so many subjects, and in the meantime, she turned out a super cute do'... I will be back...The salon is beautifully decorated as well and uber clean...That means a lot to so many of us!! Thanks!!!!

Description of Work
First appointment for a haircut with Justine... My appointment was for on the hour, and I arrived 5 minutes early. I barely sat down after checking in and Justine came and greeted me...Love no waiting!! The receptionist is very kind and warm...You just know that she wants you to feel that she's doing everything she can to take care of you, even if she's busy...Very nice girl!!

Category hair salon, massage therapy

06/11/2013

chris S.

They're very professional. Rapunzel's Salon & Spa is a nice and clean establishment. The staff are very friendly. They have perfect and competitive pricing.

Description of Work
Rapunzel's Salon & Spa provide everything from hair to massage.

03/27/2013

Christie M.

The salon is located right on the street and has both front street parking and parking in the back (slightly tight spaces) available. Upon arrival at the salon, I was offered refreshments and led up to "the tower," which is a separate area reseved for the spa services. The hour-long massage was very relaxing and my massage therapist was friendly but not too chatty, which allowed me to relax. There was some ambient outside noise that could be heard every so often, but I did not consider it very distracting to the massage. I enjoyed my massage at Rapunzel's and would visit there again.

Description of Work
I took advantage of a discounted 1-hour full-body massage coupon I saw advertised on social media. Since it was a limited-time offer, I wanted to book the appointment immediately. This was possible due to the prompt service from the receptionist at the salon.

06/27/2012

Elizabeth V.

Although the entrance was a little awkward, the facilities were immaculate, the staff friendly, and they also sell very reasonably priced jewelry. I would DEFINITELY go back! I loved the relaxation area provided for after services, very cozy. The wine was a nice touch!

Description of Work
My husband and I got a couples massage together. I had Rob Whitley as my massage therapist. He had wonderful technique, easing into medium-hard pressure without any pain or discomfort with each stroke. Also had a steam shower. Very nice, but be careful to locate where the steam jets are so that you don't burn yourself!

05/13/2012

Kathy O.

I started going t o Rapunzel's on the recommendation of Angie's List. At first, I just got a basic color and trim but eventually decided to trust Timmy enough to get my hair cut shorter. I haven't liked my hair this much in a long time. The color is perfect and the style suits me and is easy to keep. The staff is extremely professional, friendly and altogether a good atmosphere. Timmy is great!

Description of Work
Timmy colored, cut and styled my hair.

01/13/2012

Jina B.

Overall, the staff is professional, punctual, and courteous. The rooms are aesthetically pleasing and clean. The facial was mediocre. The massage was not as good as I had hoped. The manicure was rushed. The pedicure....well, I've had a better pedicure from my 8 year old son. The pedicurist was talking the entire time to another staff member. She worked with my feet as though they were eggs shells and would break. The nail polish is the only thing that resembled a real pedicure. I was very disappointed. When I told management of this, I was told that 'she' only works there part time and she is nice. That is great. But I have not a lot of money, so I expected great things and did not receive them. As far as hair is concerned, I received my first haircut here about Feb 2011. It was awesome. The second one in April was awful. The third one was worse than the second. I will not be returning.

Description of Work
I received during this visit a facial, manicure, pedicure, and a massage. I have received a haircut three other times.

Category nail salons, hair salon

09/30/2011

Lori W.

My best friend and I went together to Rapunzel's the day after my birthday for pedicures and massages. Our appointment was on Sunday, so there was a limited staff and hardly any other customers. Very relaxing to not have crowds of people around! The pedicure room was gorgeous and comfortable, the massage chair was wonderful, and the nail technician was so sweet. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a stronger foot and leg massage. There was one girl to do both of our pedicures, but she timed her work well and gave each of us plenty of attention. After our pedicures, we were led to a sumptous waiting room with fluffy couches and dark hues - very soothing. The massage therapist that treated me was a younger woman - she was amazing. She told me before we got started that she was about to give me the best massage of my life and she was telling the truth. She was very responsive if I asked for more or less pressure, and spoke very softly in my ear to communicate with me instead of across the room. My friend and I left Rapunzel's that day feeling very pampered and relaxed - the perfect way to spend the afternoon after a whirlwind birthday.

05/02/2011

MEGAN C.

When I moved to this area in 2006, I went to this salon for pedicures, massages & facials. I foudn the staff to be friendly, professional and very good. My issue with the salon is the difficulty in getting an appointment. I usually have to call more than once to get through to a spa coordinator (I hang up after 5 minutes on hold), and it is hit or miss if I can get an appointment within 72 hours. I was so frustrated I stopped going a couple of years ago. For Christmas I got a gift card and tried again. Same old issue, I had to call several times over a week to get an appointment. Pedicure was great.

Description of Work
pedicure, facial, massage

04/26/2011

Mary P.

I have been going here for 13 years. My stylist's name is Dawn Funk. They really get to know the client. They aren't just giving you a haircut. If you're going in for color, they want to discuss what you're doing with your hair first. There's more of a personal touch. The same people have been working at this salon for years, which is a good thing. My visit went well.

Description of Work
I use this hair salon. I went for a manicure, pedicure, and roots.

Category nail salons, hair salon, hair removal

03/17/2011

Jina B.

Rapunzel's Day Spa did a great job. it was a nice and relaxing atmosphere. everybody was very welcoming. i will go back to them in the future.

Description of Work
Rapunzel's Day Spa cut my hair.

02/24/2011

Anita P.

see above

Description of Work
Scheduling was easy and the time I wanted was available. The spa is open on some sundays which I loved. The therapist was right on point. I wish I remembered her name. But she didn't speak during the service, only to ask about the pressure. I felt very comfortable and it's nice when you get a relaxing massage with a therapist that doesn't talk the whole time!! I'll definitely go back

10/28/2008

jill N.

Right before we got married we were so stressed we decided a massage would be something very relaxing. We had gotten a coupon in the mail for different types of massages and one was a couples massage. It is a really nice place, nicely decorated and everyone there was so nice. We didn't feel uncomfortable in any way. While we filled out the forms before the massage they offered tea and water. We went into a room and had 2 very good therapists. They were quite friendly and the massages were wonderful. Afterward, we got dressed and when we left the massage room they offered us champagne. The second time, I went myself for a 1 1/2 hour massage in the "tower." Again, I was offered something to drink and everyone I encountered was so nice and friendly. The massage was heavenly and I felt amazing after it was done. I have Lymphedema in my left arm, both times the therapists knew before starting the massage and were so careful in that area. I also have Lymphedema, which causes soreness all over my body. Throughout both massages, each therapist inquired about my comfort. They asked if the pressure was good (it was) which was really nice. I am definitely going back for more massages. Oh, and if you give them an email address you get coupons every week which is really nice.

Description of Work
First time, it was a couples massage for me and my husband. Second time, massage just for myself.

10/07/2005

MICHELLE S.

I HAD A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR A HOT ROCK MASSAGE (& HAVE BEEN TO THIS SITE SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PAST). I CALLED TO SET UP AN APPT FOR THE COMING WEEKEND. THE RECEPTIONIST WAS SOMEWHAT SHORT & SUGGESTED THAT IT TAKES WEEKS TO GET AN APPT. FOR A ROCK MASSAGE. BUT THEN SUDDENLY SHE HAD AN OPENING TWO DAYS LATER. BESIDES THAT, THE EXPERIENCE WAS WONDERFUL. THE MASSAGE THERAPIST WAS SKILLED AND PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
HOT ROCK MASSAGE.

04/13/2004

GREAT TREATMENT AND EXCELLENT WORK. PEOPLE WERE VERY ACCOMMODATING.

Description of Work
MASSAGE, MANICURE AND PEDICURE.

Category nail salons

12/04/2003

LAURA G.

THE HAIRCUT WAS OK, BUT NO BETTER THAN WHAT I RECEIVED AT MY PREVIOUS SALON ALTHOUGH IT COST TWICE THE PRICE. THEY WERE ALWAYS RUNNING AT LEAST 20 MINUTES LATE.

Description of Work
HAIR WASHED, CUT AND STYLED.

Hair Salons/Barbers
    Massage Therapy
    Skin & Body Care - Day Spa Services
    Manicures/Nails
    Hair Removal
    Massage Therapy - Reflexology
    Skin & Body Care - Aromatherapy
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Haircut, Color, Perms, Highlights, Keratin Treatments, Formal Styling. Body Treatment, Signature Massages and Facials, Lomi Lomi Massage, Couples, Aroma Therapy, Cranial Sacral, Lastone Hot Rock & Hot Stone Combination Treatment, Pregnancy, Reflexology. Skin Care, Waxing, Make Up, Spa Treatment, Manicure & Pedicure.