Christman's Septic Service

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2010

2395 Kistler Ct

Kutztown, PA 19530

We are a family owned business since 1974. Located in New Smithville, Pennsylvania, we primarily serve the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas including the Poconos, eastern Berks County, southern Schuylkill and Carbon Counties, and northern Bucks County. We provide prompt, courteous service! We are a member of PSMA – Pennsylvania Septage Management Association and maintain our certification through annual training/re-certification sessions. Click here to visit PSMA to review their standards. Please click here to contact us we are available by phone, e-mail, fax or mail. Our office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. If calling after hours, please leave a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as we return to the office. All facets of septic service - soil testing, design, installation, repairs, pumping, maintenance and inspection! Grease traps cleaned....

05/15/2017

Justin O.

We called on a Saturday and left a message with their answering service. Early Monday morning we got a call back from Christman's and they sent someone out a few hours later. The technicians quickly determined that the pump had failed (probably original to the house in 1997) and needed to be replaced. They had all the tools and parts needed to get the job same day. All said, pumping the tank and replacing the pump took roughly two hours (maybe less). The technicians were professional and explained what they were doing and why it needed to be done. While I wasn't necessarily expecting this expense right now, I'm glad that we have a local service company that was able and willing to respond promptly. This is the second time dealing with this company and I would continue my recommendation on hiring them for any of my septic needs.

Description of Work
Over the weekend our septic pump alarm sounded and, after confirming there wasn't a power issue, it did not turn off. We needed to have someone come out and remedy the issue.

04/04/2017

Justin O.

Everything went well. The service technician called to inform us when he would be there (we did not have to be home for the service but I was home anyway). The service technician introduced himself and went to work. After service was completed the technician let me know how everything looked and advised us when we should contact them again for the next cleaning. Overall, the entire appointment took a little less than one hour and was hassle-free. I would certainly contact them again for service on our septic.

Description of Work
Just moved into our home this past fall and needed to have our 1,500 gallon septic system pumped/cleaned. It was last cleaned three years ago according to the previous homeowner.

04/26/2016

Donald J.

Description of Work
Christman's Service Service did an excellent job, I would highly recommend them.

:-)

02/08/2016

Mark B.

Description of Work
did what was needed in a timely manor

01/22/2016

Joe C.

Description of Work
I am a Realtor and worked with a client that needed to replace their septic system. The staff at Christman's were very professional and responsive to my clients needs and completed the work in a timely manner.

12/15/2015

James M.

Description of Work
Pumped out a septic tank.

12/15/2015

Jacqueline P.

09/01/2014

Duncan M.

Christman's did a great job handling the upgrade to an old septic system that had to be replaced due to Lower Macungie Township regulation changes. They handled ALL the details, including the permits with township, and made it extremely easy for homeowners. We had no timeline and told them they could schedule the service at their convenience once we'd contracted with them. They called us within a week or two, saying they had an opening in the next day or two. We took it - they came early on a Friday, removed an old tank and replaced it with two large, new tanks per township requirements, completing the work plus cleanup quickly, professionally, and even reseeded the yard, left some extra dirt piled conveniently for filling in any holes that settled. They dealt with the township, making sure inspectors were onsite when needed. Township inspector has good relationship with them, and told me they did a good job for us. They took care of all the required drawings, plans, and submissions. And best of all - their final cost was around $1000 LESS than their initial estimate. It did take a number of calls to get the process rolling. The new township ordinances have the septic companies pretty busy, and we were on work/vacation trips off and on, which contributed to a slow start. But the total experience was such that I would highly recommend them and will use them for all my septic needs in the future.

Description of Work
Installed two new septic tanks required by township, to upgrade the existing system which was failing at our circa 1850 farm house.

Thanks!

07/08/2014

Timothy K.

Description of Work
To be fair they installed a good system. However they attempted to steal our best topsoil in the process. On the first day they stripped our topsoil and set it off to the side. I "assumed" it would be spread over the clay at the end. Big mistake on my part. When I asked them to put the soil back into our yard they were not happy. They put it back however and spread the topsoil over most but not all of the disturbed area. The grass seed planted over the replaced topsoil grew nicely. The grass seed planted on the clay did not. | Overall the septic system works. But our yard smells of sewerage ever since the work was done. The odor comes out the tank covers and the electrical conduit tubing. They told me to keep adding dirt around the covers. I am concerned the dirt will just go into the tank. I believe that well-fitting tank lids must exist. We were told that we'd get the green plastic covers as with our old system. But we didn't receive them. Currently (6 months later) we don't use our deck due to the foul odor. | At first the company staff were nice. They said we would get the cadillac of septic systems and that justified the high price. Toward the end they were not so nice and our cadillac smells bad. A septic system is not something I know much about. Most people don't. This contractor knew that and they will take advantage of you if your not watching.

06/30/2014

Laura S.

Description of Work
I used Christman's to empty my septic tank. The woman in the office was knowledgeable and helpful when I called to schedule the appointment. The Service Tech was prompt and courteous. I would use this service again.

06/23/2014

Joseph C.

Description of Work
Have used them for septic clean out, currently evaluating a replacement system. Very responsive and professional

Thanks for your comments! Gary

04/30/2014

James H.

Showed up on time, did a great job. Very competent and knowledgeable. Had hired them before in 2001 to perform a pre-closing septic inspection and didn't hesitate to the use them again. Will use them again for any septic needs.

Description of Work
Had septic tank pumped.

Thanks for the comments! Gary

04/23/2014

leslie G.

Pumping went smoothly. He was very friendly and willing to share expertise and knowledge. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Pumped out cesspit.

Thanks for the comments! Gary Christman

07/01/2013

harry K.

Did and excellent job all around. will use them next time also..

Description of Work
pump out double septic tank

Thanks!

02/11/2013

Karin S.

They did an excellent job. The price was reasonable. They were on time. They were thorough and pointed out work I needed to get done. It wasn't work they did. I've dealt with them for 30 years since I moved in here.

Description of Work
I used Christman's Septic Service to clean out my septic tank.

01/08/2013

David H.

Initially had called them to empty our septic tank. We were not aware that we needed to have it excavated and a riser put in for them to do so. They had to come back and excavate and install a riser and then they could empty it. They were very nice and professional and we were pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Installation of riser for septic tank, and emptying of septic tank.

10/11/2012

Ruth B.

I was treated professionally and politely. I was informed of the proper treatment for the problem and a cost range to expect. Unfortunately my home is outside of their service area or I would have used them.

Description of Work
Called to discuss a problem with my sand mound as diagnosed by another company who I did not trust.

06/16/2012

Angela G.

The system was installed less than a year before we moved in. It has now been in place for 4 years. It is working fine and great. We never worry about the system. We follow the suggested / required maintence plan. They have allowed us to spread payments over a few months, when needed. They now have a new payment plan/schedule for all customers. We have had no surprises with maintence, no extra service calls. The one exception would be when we had a power surge and the alarm beeped every 10 minutes. They came the next day to remedy that. Whenever I have spoken with a tech on my property, they have been respectful and intelligent and helpful. They definately respect their customers. The people who answer phones are informative and get back to you if they dont have an answer immediately. The company corresponds via email efficiently, if you prefer that.

Description of Work
Installation of completely new septic system/field on a small property with atypical conditions. The system was installed a year before we moved in. The odd property slope and small space did not allow for meeting city septic requirements. Christmans worked with the city to devise a custom system which would meet all requirements. It includes a UV light, peatmoss filtration system, pump station, alarm circuit in our home, alternate sand mounds, backfill atop natural slope, and a scheduled, ongoing maintenace schedule Ongoing maintenace ever since.

04/14/2011

Julia B.

He seems to be very good. When they clean out a tank, the price depends on the size of the tank. He hasn't come back yet with the bill. He also readily recommended that we go with a plumber or a roto rooter first before we pay him to do something that may not fix the problem which I thought was nice. He could have just said that he would do it and if he did not fix it, we would have to get somebody else. He was very nice. I don't know the quality of his work so I am going on the way I was treated, the way he recommended someone else, and the way he didn't take me for a ride. He came right away.

Description of Work
Christman's Septic Service came out this morning and checked out the septic to see whether or not there was an issue with the piping from the house or from the septic.

East Coast Trenchless

East Coast Trenchless is a family run company base out of South Central Pennsylvania. We use state of the art equipment to repair or replace water, sewer and many other utilities underground without disturbing landscapes, roadways, driveways, and hardscapes. Our company consists of national trenchless equipment trainers specializing in Pipe bursting, Horizontal Directional Drilling, Pit Launch Drilling and Pipe Lining. We strive to educate and provide the best solution for residential, commercial and municipal customers, there is no job that is too big for our team. We hold many licenses and certifications such as Pennsylvania master plumber license, Master electrician license and Nassco certifications in cipp, lacp, pacp, and macp.

BedRock Siteworks LLC

BedRock Siteworks was established in Chester County Pennsylvania in 2003. We provide excavating, stone base and concrete foundations, concrete driveways, retaining walls, and storm water management solutions. Working together as a team, we strive for quality, service, and integrity, both personally and professionally, making a positive difference for our clients and for everyone we touch. Our professional goal is to produce the very best services for our clients at an affordable price. Above all, we seek to develop enduring relationships. Our work is designed to function over the long term, as are our relationships with our customers. LOCATIONS WE SERVE: Chester county, Lancaster County and surrounding areas

$10

Septic Inspections, Residential & Commercial, Pump Station, Repair Service & Electronic Locating Service