Abington Dermatology Associates

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 2008

500 York Rd Ste 214

Jenkintown, PA 19046

We provide services to patients at 2 locations, Abington,PA and Warminster, PA. Average patient volume is 150 patients per day. Clinical and surgical dermatology services are provided for all age groups. We also provide cosmetic services. To see if a provider is board certified please visit abderm.org. There are 4 doctors at this location...

01/14/2021

Kerry M.

I called the Old York Road office, where I am a patient, and advised the receptionist that I had discovered what appeared to be growth on my arm pit consistent with every picture of skin cancer I ever saw. I called because I was very concerned and because EVERY SINGLE TIME I was seen at Abington Dermatology in the past I was encouraged to call immediately if I had any issues. The receptionist advised that appointments are "booked out" until April. I told her I would be dead by then, in what I hope will turn out to be hyperbole, and she responded that maybe somebody would cancel. I responded that I would go elsewhere and she chuckled and hung up. The business appears to be doing so well that they feel comfortable treating patients like an inconvenience. I will assist as best I can by spreading the word on my experience so that they won't be distracted by any other skin cancer sufferers.

Description of Work
Diagnosis and Removal of Skin Growth

07/05/2016

Description of Work
Skin cancer removal, minimal scar, now healed.

07/05/2016

Description of Work
Biopsy skin tab.

11/11/2015

Candace C.

12/21/2014

Rebecca B.

Description of Work
Skin cancer screening.

08/29/2014

07/29/2014

Christina M.

Staff was friendly upon arrival. Waited in comfortable waiting room for approximately 3 min. before nurse escorted me to room. The nurse was very friendly and thorough. I also met with Kevin O'Shea, CRNP. He examined the area and removed the growth. All procedures were discussed and questions were answered. I would definitely use this group as well as Mr. O'Shea in he future.

Description of Work
Removal of skin tag

06/17/2014

Shelly M.

Pretty office complex. Nice receptionist and comfortable waiting area. Prompt. Dr is quick with skin check. Answers all questions no matter how ridiculous! Good for another year. In the past, both my husband and I have had malignant spots removed with good results. Confident with this group of drs.

Description of Work
Routine yearly skin check.

06/10/2014

Susan P.

She gives attention to detail. She is very thorough and has good bed side manner. Office is bright, staff is pleasant, polite, pleasant to deal with and it a nice environment. It is hard to get in.

Description of Work
Removal of elation.

01/09/2014

09/16/2013

Amelia Z.

I saw this provider for a lipoma in my arm. He assured me that it was a lipoma but too big to remove in the office. He referred me to a plastic surgeon, who was really good.

Description of Work
Office visit - skin check

09/09/2013

Adam W.

The doctor was very understanding of me wanting to get rid of the acne that was showing up. He prescribed a topical wash and ointment which has worked great!!!

Description of Work
I had some acne which I wanted to be looked at.

05/28/2013

Wilma H.

I got to the office yearly, and I was taken straight back to the examining room. I did not have a long wait before the Doctor came in the talk with me. I would differently go back there again.

Description of Work
I needed something removed from may face. The doctor was great , and he took care of my problem right away.

05/20/2013

Thomas H.

I have been going to Abington Dermatology for about six years now. They were recommended to me by my primary care physician (whom I trust implicitly). I have been seen/treated by Dr. Tokarek (MD) as well as by Kevin O'Shea (CRNP). Both men are easy-going and friendly, while being clear and professional in their assessments and treatment suggestions. I am very happy to know of this practice ... and to have its doctors/staff as a health resource. Highly recommended. The only down side here is that the wait time for an appointment can be weeks (even months) long. But, I understand that that complaint is pretty common with dermatology practices.

Description of Work
Annual dermatological body check

03/06/2013

Kay R T.

Initial telephone contact provided perfect directions to their facility. An appointment was given within less than a week from my call. Arrived a bit early, given normal forms to complete, and quickly taken to exam room (before appt. time). Nurse came in, asked a few questions which included allergies. I indicated I am allergic to either novacaine or epinephrine and can only use white carbocaine as an anesthetic. Short wait for doctor. He was not quite curt in his approach but not a warm, smiley person either (which I prefer.) Extremely businesslike I would say which is not a particularly bad thing. He examined my face, answered my questions, indicated blemishes were pre-cancerous and he would remove by freezing. Nurse prepared correct anesthetic for one blemish which had to be shaved off for a pathology report. Visit done. If pathology report returns clear should return in one year for follow-up. If not, they will call and inform me of next steps.

Description of Work
Various new blemishes on face concerned me. Had always had perfect complexion.

12/17/2012

Dr. McComb is great. She is sharp and efficient, yet personable. She's been my dermatologist for approximately 4 years and I really like her.

Description of Work
Routine skin check due to history of melanoma. She's also done skin biopsies on suspicious freckles.

09/18/2012

David B.

I have psoriasis. They have a UV light booth there. That, in conjunction with medication, can pretty much take care of it. If you have a problem and need to change an appointment, there is no problem with that. The billing has always been through health care and that has never been a problem.

Description of Work
Dr. Tokarek is my dermatologist.

06/16/2012

I arrived and was promptly processed by the front desk. I only had to wait a few minutes and then was escorted down to the exam room. The assistant interviewed me. Dr. Fitzgerald arrived right on time. She was very friendly and professional. The exam was thorough and she answered all my questions.

Description of Work
I go for a yearly skin check with Dr. Fitzgerald. The staff is very professional and friendly. The offices in Warminster and Abington are neat and nicely decorated. Dr. Fitzgerald is very thorough, and available for questions. I will continue to see her on a yearly basis.

12/12/2011

Leo J B.

Everything is very good there.

Description of Work
Within the last two week both my husband and I visited Abington Dermatology Associates.

12/02/2011

Monica L M.

They were terrific, very knowledgeable and efficient. It was also a pain-free experience. I would definitely go back to them.

Description of Work
I've gone here for dermatology services.

06/09/2009

Mrs J. B.

Had terrible rash from perfumed deodorant that would not go away. Saw Dr. Fitzgerald who gave me cream to relieve it and recommended better deodorant to use that would not cause this problem again.

Description of Work
Had severe rash.

Dermatology - General