Pocono Eye Associates, Inc.

Founded 1972 • With Angi since October 2008

300 Plaza Ct Ste A

East Stroudsburg, PA 18301

East Stroudsburg LASIK surgeons and ophthalmologists at Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. offer laser vision correction, ophthalmology, glaucoma treatment, cataract surgery, LASIK, corneal transplant & more! Pocono Eye Associates has been in practice for over 40 years, and has developed a reputation for providing exceptional patient-first care and advanced treatments for almost any eye condition. We can schedule a consultation with an experienced doctor to help you attain the visual acuity you deserve....

01/29/2016

edward M.

Description of Work
Annual eye exam. it went well.

12/08/2015

William H.

Very busy office. Appointment was on time. All went well for me,

Description of Work
Eye exam.

11/25/2015

Carmen C.

Most recent appointment was for a comprehensive exam to monitor glaucoma and follow-up on a bout of diplopia. I've been a patient here for about 2 years and my physician, Dr. Young, is very thorough. After a brief wait upon arrival, initial contact always starts with questions from staff if there are any specific problems you would like to have addressed. Dr. Young always includes a discussion of any problem brought up to the staff. Good communication throughout the visit. Had an OCT, Visual Field and comprehensive exam by Dr. Young and was out of the office in less than an hour.

Description of Work
Monitoring of previously identified eye problems.

08/10/2015

Roger W.

So I no longer need to wear glasses for anything. My vision has improved tremendously, he saw wholes in my left eye, he referred me to someone else in the same building, Allan Chang, he lasered the holes in my retinas, so that Gerald Negvesky could fix my cataracts, I called for surgery schedule, got me in within one week. I wanted to show them my appreciation, I took them cookies. He is a caring doctor. If anyone needs eye surgery I highly recommend them. So he is now my eye doctor for good. I had no pain from either surgery's. They are so far advanced. They treated me like a human being.

Description of Work
Cataract surgery, and put new lenses in my eyes.

Category ophthalmology,optometrist,lasik

05/12/2015

james V.

appointment was timely. Examination was extensive. Glasses and new lens were ready in two days.

Description of Work
eye examination and change glasses and lens. Dr. Negvesky is excellent.

Category ophthalmology,optometrist

04/20/2015

Charles S.

They are okay.

Description of Work
Eye care.

Category

04/02/2015

Don K.

Description of Work
Very thorough exam of complicated issues. Very competent and willing to explain all of the issues.

02/24/2015

Mary W.

I’ve been using them for 15 years. It went very well. He is the only doctor I know there. He seems very competent. I don’t know anything about eyes. I can’t judge his work but he is getting a cataract, which I’m going to have operated on sometime in the future. I will have a cataract lens replacement. He is also a surgeon. I was very happy with my visit. The staffs were all friendly. I knew one of the staff members and she took good care of me. She is somebody I knew from the past. I was there for an hour and a half. I didn’t have to wait too long. They gave several different exams. I had a pre-exam given by the nurse. Dr. Young gave me a thorough exam. They also sell eyeglasses. Their eyeglasses tend to be expensive. They are on the pricey side. I didn’t buy glasses this time. My wife did sometime in the past. They probably could have done better with the glasses. The service was excellent. They seem to be fine. They are very professional. It took awhile to make an appointment. It took several weeks to get in there. It didn’t surprise me that it was that long. The office is very modern and clean. I didn’t have to wait long. I had to wait about 10 minutes for my appointment. They took my co-pay and my insurance. It’s everything that I expected. They were very good. I had a good experience overall.

Description of Work
I used Dr. Douglas Young of Pocono Eye Associates Inc. He gave me a complete eye exam.

02/21/2015

Deborah M.

The customer service is horrendous! I will NEVER use them again or recommend them!

Description of Work
Nasty!! Nasty!!

07/16/2013

Douglas K.

Pocono Eye Associates Inc. is a fairly big operation. They can do everything from cataract removal to actually providing glasses for you. They have a complete laboratory and a complete retail glasses operation, where you can pick your frames and that sort of thing. They are very competent. I had a problem with my eye in bright sunlight early in the summer and I was seeing flashes of light when I closed my eyes. I called them and they had me come down immediately. They had a doctor examine me immediately and found no problem. I was impressed by how quickly they were able to provide a doctor with the proper skills to evaluate me, because any time you see a flashing light in your eyes, it could be a stroke. They had me come down. Within 15 minutes, they were examining me and gave me a clean bill of health. I've been their patient for ten years.

Description of Work
They are my eye care doctors.

Category ophthalmology,optometrist

05/15/2013

Angela G.

The experience with Pocono Eye Associates Inc was good. The staff seemed nice, the office was nice. My only problem was that they have a lot of associates and I didn't see something new, I was bringing in a child but he didn't seem child friendly. He didn't do anything to show that he was different with a 6 year old. His patient interaction could have been better.

Description of Work
I used Pocono Eye Associates Inc. I took my duaghter there for a yearly check up.

12/26/2012

Charles S.

I was tested and results were explained to me. I was given prescription for eye drops after an explanation of what I could expect from the drops. Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor were professional and pleasant. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Examine eyes for cataracts and glacoma.

09/03/2012

Mary B.

I came to the office because of eye infections. The doctor was punctual, and very friendly. I wear contacts and didn't have a pair of glasses so he checked my eyes, gave me a script for glasses and then informed me that my eyes were inflamed and he was going to give me a script for drops and I needed to wear glasses for the next 2-3 weeks, giving my eyes time to heal. Because the drops he perscribed can cost up to $150 depending on where I went (No insurance) he gave me to trials to help. I was very impressed and will be going back.

Description of Work
I called this office because I had eye infections in both my eyes. Although I had never been to this office before they made an appointment for me to come in first thing the next morning. The staff was very friendly.

08/07/2012

James L.

Very Well. The staff, assistants and the Physician were very accommodating and helpful. This is a wonderful practice with caring staff.

Description of Work
Routine Eye check-up

03/15/2012

Dennis M.

They are excellent. All the doctors in their group seem to be good. They are always available for an emergency even in the weekends. My wife has got some dry eye problem and we had to call them on Sunday and they were there.

Description of Work
We go to Pocono Eye Associates Inc for eye care.

02/22/2012

Suzanne P.

I would give them all A. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I went to Pocono Eye Associates Inc about two weeks ago.

02/14/2012

Eugene D.

I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. Negvesky of Pocono Eye Associates is my ophthalmologist. I was last there for an eye exam.

06/10/2011

Wayne C.

Excellent eye care!

Description of Work
This is a wonderful group of skilled and professional eye doctors. They are the best in the Poconos!!! Office at 447 Plaza is where my family and I see our opthamologists, but I believe they have a second office out in Brodheadsville,Pa. They are very accessible, being there are multiple doctors in the practice.. They take many insurances, it seems, and there are frequently alot of senior citizens in the waiting room. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The care is all in all superlative!

02/21/2011

Mary D.

I have been going to them for 15 years. They are ultra-professional and the doctor's credentials are very good and they have an overall good reputation.

Description of Work
They performed my eye exam.

03/02/2010

Betsy B.

the tests were done efficiently and uneventfully. I have had several appointments at this clinic over the past 2 years. Changed physicians before my previous-to-this one appointment. Dr. Young has been friendly, and willing to explain issues and answer my questions in a respectful manner(which i did not feel from Dr. Goetchell). I believe this appointment was particularly helpful because the office was almost empty, due to the snowstorm - no one was hurried. This time, I was also able to have my contact lenses(gas-perm) checked and polished - I do not understand why that had seemed not to be possible in the past - a puzzle for me. ( I was even told on 2/23/10 that it was not possible there -??)

Description of Work
On 2/23/10 - screening tests for glaucoma 2/25/10 appointment with MD(Dr. Young) for evaluation of tests, and further exam

Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - LASIK
    Primary Care - Internal Medicine
    Lung/Pulmonology
    Anesthesiology
    Plastic Surgery - Cosmetic
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Pocono Eye Associates, Inc.

How is Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. overall rated?

Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. open?

Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. provide

Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Does Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

What services does Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. offer?

Pocono Eye Associates, Inc. offers the following services: Ophthalmology, laser vision correction, glaucoma treatment, cataract surgery, LASIK, PRK, laser eye surgery, corneal transplant, lens implants, lens replacement with intraocular lenses (IOLs), laser iridotomy, selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT), treatment of: macular degeneration, macular holes, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, retinal disease, retinal detachment