Tualatin Animal Clinic

Founded 1973 • With Angi since June 2005

8700 SW Cherokee St

Tualatin, OR 97062

Tualatin Animal Clinic is a full service companion animal medical facility. The professional and courteous staff seeks to provide the best medical, surgical and dental care for our highly valued patients. We have been committed to helping you and your pets since our clinic first opened in 1973....

08/16/2017

Heidi P.

I think they're professional and reasonable. It seems very clean, nice and well run. They seem to be very compassionate.

Description of Work
We use them for veterinarian needs.

12/28/2015

Rose & Martyn H.

07/27/2015

Arthur F.

Very well. Dr.Nelson worked with me extensively to decide on the best course of treatment and made it clear they will be there all the way.

Description of Work
Dr.Nelson saw me same day and was knowledgeable prompt and courteous. She discussed symptoms, diagnostic and treatment options. They were all about caring and none about selling. I feel very fortunate to have found this group n my 3 cats will be their new clients. This initial visit told me quite a bit that I liked n how they were excellent in working with my needs speaks volumes about how their business favors the clients' needs. Thank you.

01/12/2015

Galeen H.

I can't say enough about them. He is wonderful. They were very compassionate when we had to put down our little cat. He's very compassionate and very caring with people and animals. His office is wonderful. He just relocated to a nice new office and it's very nice. His whole staff is all very competent and very nice. They do excellent work and take good care of the pets. I totally trust them. I have a dog that I take her in for anything that we need.

Description of Work
We take our pet to Dr. Arthur Ghitea at Tualatin Animal Clinic. They provided the different shots and care. We had to have our little cat put down too. I have used them for several years.

12/20/2014

Jillian M.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Tualitin Animal Clinic. The quality of service from their veterinarians and support staff is unparalleled. My dog has seen three vetranarians and it's been wonderful to have the professional opinion from all of them in regards to her health and care. I know we're in good hands and I know her last few years will be that much better and perhaps even that much longer for having them. Their dedication to their patients and their parents are also reflected in reasonable and often very generous prices. I am so happy we found Tualatin Animal Clinic.

Description of Work
The last time I went in was only to pick up a prescription for my dog but I communicate regularly with the clinic. I have an older purebred so we have made a lot of vet visits in the year we have lived here.

05/25/2014

Ruth B.

I went to this provider for a second opinion about this procedure. Doctor agreed that procedure was needed. I was pleased with service and then found out procedure was 1/4 the cost of prior vet. I will be staying. Follow up calls were prompt and courteous also.

Description of Work
Canine bladder stone removal, lab test, teeth cleaning, ID chip placement and nail trim.

03/09/2012

KATE L.

They love the animals. I love the way they all work with my cats. They seem to understand cats very well. Some vets are focused on dogs but they seemed to be charmed by cats. My cats seem to like them. They are friendly.

Description of Work
I last took my two cats in for shots.

04/07/2010

MARGO T.

Dr. Batai, not only bothched the surgery, sutured up , closed an abcessed wound , the cat became septic and he idn't know what to do, I spent $3000 at Dove Lewis and finalyy took her back to our Roseburg Vet her hydrated her and treated the infrection with the appropriate antibiotic which Dove Lewis and Dr Bataya both refused to give becuase they had never heard of Hemabatolliosis. I asked him to adjust, that is refund the expenses of the surgery and he refused. My Scottie was limping, he wanted to sell me Rimadayl for what turned out to be a thorn in her foot but also the Sherwood Vet did blood work and found she had liver disease and said you never give a Scottie Rimadyl

Description of Work
Many bad experiences. Botched surgery on cat with ingrown claw, misdaignosis of Scottie with liver disease, tired to sell me rimadyl samples, should have been free, would have killed her,

We don't have a Dr. Bataya practicing at this clinic

11/18/2009

Kelly K.

I called to make an appointment and was able to have my dog seen the same day. They have evening appts....very convenient. The office assistant on the phone was very friendly. We adopted our dog from a shelter in California, so this was her first check-up since we've had her. This was also the first time that I have been to this clinic. The office staff and vet techs. were all very friendly. My dog was seen by Art Ghitea. He did a very thorough exam, explained things in a way that I could understand, and answered all of my questions. My dog is very shy and skittish towards strangers, but she seemed to be very comfortable with the vet and vet tech. They were very gentle with her. He did NOT order a whole battery of unnecessary tests, which I thought he would do. He ordered one simple test for her intestinal problems and told me what the plan would be if the test was negative or positive. It was a simple, common-sense plan, which is the way it should be. I was in and out of there in 20 minutes. It was probably one of the easiest, most pleasant vet visits that I have ever had from start to finish. It was easy on my pocket book too! I am definitely going back!

Description of Work
A thorough office exam and fecal exam for my dog.

10/22/2007

SUSAN S.

They have very competitive prices and they use lasers only. They have a great establishment, and atmosphere.

Description of Work
I had my older cat de-clawed here.

06/21/2007

RAY W.

Job 1) Met expectation and confirmed comments from Angie's List. I am very pleased with this vet. Job 2) Everyone my daughter and I interacted with over the two visits were simply wonderful with us and the kitty. Very caring.

Description of Work
Job 1) Initial kitten exam and vaccinations.($96)Job 2) For our new kitty Candice: FELV-FIV snap test, FVR-CP / Leukemia Annual, De-worming, De-clawed front claws with laser, Spayed, Rabies shot, Avid microchip($400)

10/10/2006

SHERRI K.

I have now taken all my animals, two dogs and a cat, to this clinic. They are extremely honest and don't do unnecessary work or tests. Very good with animals, would recommend highly. I have been to mutliple vet clinics, and this is by far my favorite. Good with animals and very trustworthy.

Description of Work
I have two dogs that have some behavioral issues. I try to avoid taking them to the vet as much as possible, but needed to get their vaccines updated. The vet that examined them was so good with both of the dogs. In fact they both took a liking to her, which is very unusual! Got their vaccines, exams and flea treatments.

08/21/2006

DEBORAH C.

They were very sensitive and caring. Made it a better experience than what I thought it was going to be. Everyone is knowledgeable and friendly, home like atmosphere.

Description of Work
They cared for my dog in the last days of his life.

07/27/2005

MICHAEL B.

THEY ARE VERY CARING. I HAD TO PUT A DOG DOWN LAST YEAR. THEY WERE RESPONSIVE TO THAT. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL. THEIR QUALITY IS WONDERFUL. I DON'T COMPARE PRICES WHEN IT COMES TO MY DOG. I GO TO SOMEONE THAT I TRUST.

Description of Work
WE HAD A DOG NEUTERED, IMMUNIZED, AND MICROCHIPPED.

06/21/2005

JAYDENE C.

THIS ANIMAL HOSPITAL AND ITS STAFF PROVIDE LOVING, EXPERT CARE FOR OUR FAMILY PETS. WE HAVE TRUSTED THE HEALTHCARE OF OUR ANIMALS TO THEM FOR MANY YEARS.

Description of Work
YEARLY PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS AND TESTING FOR FAMILY DOG AND CATS. ALSO AS-NEEDED EXAMS/CARE.

Veterinarians

Vaccinations Geriatric Care Dental Care. etc.