PAWS & CLAWS PET MEDICAL CENTER

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2005

Veterinarians

Paws & Claws Pet Medical center is a family-owned veterinary hospital specializing in Dogs, Cats, Small Pets/Mammals, Exotics, and Avian/Birds. We strive to provide our patients with compassionate medical care of the highest quality in a friendly, caring environment with outstanding customer service....

Feline Medical Clinic

The Feline Medical Clinic is a full service veterinary clinic exclusively for cats. Our clinic is founded on the belief that cats are very special. Their personalities and medical concerns are different from those of other animals. We understand the strong bond that forms between cats and their owners. As a companion, friend and confidante, your cat is an important part of the family. And, like any other family member, your cat deserves the finest possible health care. Our goal is to offer the highest quality of medical and surgical care -- a standard of care that we believe all cats deserve.

07/26/2017

He's an elderly cat, he gets bi-annual check ups.

Description of Work
They did a check up.

02/16/2017

12/30/2015

Description of Work
They provide vet services.

07/25/2015

when first entering the exam room,vet took a flea comb and combed my dog's back.2 fleas and flea dirt fell onto table.vet then prescri bed flea meds (75.00).I took my dog home,gave her a bath and meds but there were no fleas or flea dirt in the water.then I bathed my other dog and gave her the meds.Again,no fleas or flea dirt.neither one of the dogs had fleas.no prior scratching.no signs of any fleas this year,or for the last 10 years! The dog that I had taken to the vet got quite ill from the meds,the other dog is okay.I have been using this clinic since 1998,so I don't know what to think about the 2 fleas and flea dirt that appeared in the exam room that day.a friend recommended her vet who is less expensive and very good.think I'll take my babies there.

Description of Work
vet biopsied a cyst and it was just a fatty one-that's the good news.

08/05/2013

They are very professional. They are kind to their patients, informative and compassionate.

Description of Work
I took my dog in for a regular checkup and x-rays.

10/18/2012

Our dogs first visit to the Vet. An overall good experience. Prices are fair, not high not low, just about what I expected. Will continue to take our "Girl" for her regular health checks.

Description of Work
First check-up for our new dog. Vaccinations, heart worm meds, general checkup.

02/03/2011

My dog is high maintenance due to skin rashes and allergies. The vet was very open to talking about a holistic treatment including change of diet, treats and medicines and understood my concerns about long term steroid use. They preformed needed fungus and bacteria skin tests right away and I was impressed with the amount of time the vet spent with us. The cost for the same medications as my old vet are approximately the same, but they are about $5 cheaper for the check up with the vet than other high rated vets in this area. On my second visit (not the first for some reason) they called to make sure that my dog was reacting well to the medication and when the meds needed to be altered, they did that over the phone and had them ready for me to pick up later that day. The only aspect that gives me hesitation was the amount of time it took for them to check me out each time. It seems like it took longer than it should, however that may be due to the amount of medication prescriptions they had to fill for my pet. There are multiple vets at the office and I have taken my dog to two of them. They differed in the amount of what they wanted to prescribe to my dog, but both were looking out for my dog to the max. One of them did recommend I run a bunch more tests, but when I explained that financially it would be hard for us, she understood and worked within our budget to treat the allergies in our small dog.

Description of Work
I brought my dog in for a vet visit, annual immunizations and to treat skin irritation and allergies. Additionally I have had a two dog appointment here which allowed us less visits to the vet annually. My dog is still working through the medications, but has responded well and though the allergies will be here to stay, I am happy with the services this vet's office has preformed.

06/13/2009

Excellent. The staff is very friendly and professional. Fit me in quickly when an appointment is needed. The area is very pet friendly and safe for the animals as well. They treat my dogs with respect and care. I highly recommend them. Recently one of my dogs had a foreign object ingestion over the weekend and became obstructed. I just showed up at opening time (they also have great hours) on Monday and they took him, and long story short - took great care of him and he has fully recovered.

Description of Work
Have taken excellent care of my 3 dogs over the last 10 years. They have had check ups, vaccines, dental cleanings and tooth extractions, Xrays, surgery at this facility

02/10/2009

I am very particular about the health of my pets and I found the center great. My cat was 18 years old when I took her to them. They were very thorough in their work and really very caring. I found them to be incredibly sympathetic, gentle and direct, but they were well aware of what impact it would have on my cat. I had to put her to sleep and they had a nice bed ready for me to hold her in, while they did it. I got to hold and pet her, after which they cleaned her and put her in the kitty carrier I had in my car. I even take my dog to them and they take good care. They are aware of what diet needs to be given and are good at maintaining the pet's health.

Description of Work
This is the veterinarian center I use for my cat and dog.

07/27/2005

FOR THE PAST 8 OR 9 YEARS I HAVE GONE TO THEM. THEY CALLED ME BACK VERY QUICKLY JUST AFTER THE APPOINTMENT. THE DOCTOR HIMSELF CALLED ME. EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE SHOWS THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS CONCERNED. ALL THE PEOPLE ARE VERY PLEASANT AND TREAT YOUR PET AS THEIR OWN.

Description of Work
THEY PERFORMED AN OVERALL EXAM OF MY CAT.

Category veterinarian

VETERINARY SERVICES - Wellness Care and Preventative Medicine, Emergency and Critical Care, Exotic & Avian Care, Spays & Neuters , Dental Care, Surgery, Digital Radiology (Digital X-rays), Vaccinations, In-Clinic Pharmacy, Multnomah County Pet Licensing, Microchipping, Pain Management, Specialty and Prescription Diets, Toe Nail Trims, Hospice / Euthanasia Services

Grooming Services