Silver Falls Family Dental

With Angi since May 2013

214 Oak St

Silverton, OR 97381

Full-service dental clinic in the heart of downtown Silverton, Oregon....

06/11/2014

Ben A.

He's excellent. He was referred by a surgeon. He's just very easy to work with and they are always upfront about the cost. The office is very clean and the staff is very helpful, everyone of them was very, very helpful. They are very friendly. My wife was very comfortable there. He's done excellent.

Description of Work
She was having some dentures made.

Category dentures

03/03/2014

Amber H.

After having problems with another dentist in Silverton who said I needed work done EVERY SINGLE visit, for 3 years, I decided to look for a new dentist. I heard good things about Dr. Pyper initially on a local Facebook group, and decided to make an appointment. The first good sign was that when I made the appointment, they requested x-rays from the former dentist's office (rather than just doing the x-rays again and billing insurance again-----the previous dentist took new x-rays at every single 6 month appointment including when I was pregnant). My x-rays were about a year old, but Dr. Pyper was fine with that, and knowing that I was pregnant this time, he did not even ask me to get new x-rays. The dental hygenist was very nice and gentle. Dr. Pyper did his exam, which was more thorough than the previous dentist, and then he noted that everything on the x-rays and on his visual inspection looked fine! This just confirms that I made the right choice in switching dentists, because the x-rays Dr. Pyper requested, which were from the previous dentist, did not prompt Dr. Pyper to want to do any work (despite the fact that the previous dentist said I had 2 cavities based on those last x-rays, and filled them!). I then made an appointment for my son to see Dr. Pyper for his first dental appt ever (he is 2). Dr. Pyper was great with him, and also gave me some education by showing me how to best brush my son's teeth. He then said that there is no need for my son to come back until his is 3.5 years old, unless we notice any problems. I am certain that the previous dentist would have started my son on a 6 month schedule, despite the fact that he doesn't have risk factors such as taking a bottle to bed or drinking juice. It is refreshing to finally find a dentist that you don't feel is just out to bill your insurance. Dr. Pyper was knowledgeable, friendly, and the office was comfortable. I'm glad I found him.

Description of Work
first appointment to establish care, regular dental appt and cleaning

Category dentists

05/20/2013

RICHARD T.

very good checkup and cleaning. areas to watch identified but no pressure to get the work done then. much better than my previous dentist.

Description of Work
checkup and cleaning

Category dentists

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - TMJ
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Gum Care/Periodontics
    Dentistry - Orthodontics
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Dental exams, cleanings, x-rays, fluoride, dental makeovers, teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, bridges, root canal therapy, implants, orthodontics, dentures, extractions, TMJ evaluations & gum disease treatment