My Dogs Gym & Training Centre

With Angi since December 2009

1337 Madison St NE Ste 165

Salem, OR 97303

Additional Hours - Thu 10:00AM-2:00 PM & 7:00 AM-9:00 PM.Additional Address - PO Box 7437 Salem, Oregon 97303....

12/18/2014

Cherie C.

Description of Work
The facility is indoors, spacious, and well laid out. Two of the 3 instructors with whom we worked were neither enthusiastic nor supportive, and they offered little praise for accomplishments (Nancy was the exception). We were typically given only 2 or 3 skills (which were not new to us) to work on during a 50 minute class. Thus, both my dog and I were often bored. We had hoped for classes that were more instructive, upbeat, and fun.

Category dog trainers

12/07/2009

Elaine B.

Owner/trainer Judi and Trainer Helix are extremely professional in their approach. The gym is a very pleasant place for dogs and their trainers. The training is ALL positive using clicker methods. The training progresses in a modular format. Members can attend as many sessions as they want. Trainers skillfully manage participants at many levels simultaneously, providing individual guidance and feedback. Members may also drop in for practice or schedule private sessions.

Description of Work
Dog gym membership, which includes orientation and training classes for all levels and many topics, such as puppy training, obedience, rally, show dog, flyball and agility. Gym membership is for six weeks and you may take two courses per month, and attend as many lessons as desired in those courses. The gym is a large room with rubber mat flooring, and all kinds of equipment for dog training. This is not an indoor dog park, but a place to begin or continue a positive training relationship with your dog. There are also special events, such as games.

Category dog trainers