The Charlton Kennels and Farm

Animal Boarding Kennels
Animal & House Sitting
Animal Grooming
Animal Training

The Charlton Kennels and Farm has been serving the dog kennel needs of the Portland area for many years. We offer covered dog runs, doggie baths and for a small fee, nature walks for your pet....

Rock Creek Kennels, Inc.

When you leave your dog or cat in someone else’s care, you don’t want to leave them with just any pet sitter. You want to place them with a boarding kennel that’s not only Certified and staffed by pet care professionals, but you want those care givers to treat your animal like family. For more than 30 years Rock Creek Kennels, Inc., located in Hillsboro, and serving the entire Portland, Oregon area, has been doing just that. At Rock Creek Kennels we treat each and every animal as if they were our own. Browse through our web site (or better yet, visit us in person) to see why at Rock Creek Kennels, we’re family!

Offers by Rock Creek Kennels, Inc. on Angi

01/30/2012

The have 150 acres, the dogs are kept private, it is run by a family. They are very concerned with the what the dogs eat, you can even take your own food.

Description of Work
Housed my dog for the last month to be trained

Category pet sitters

12/11/2010

Oops. I told the story in the wrong place.

Description of Work
My dog has been expelled from other kennels and day cares. He is very strong and very energetic and part pit and tends to scare people. The staff at Charlton, when I told them about his history, expressed disbelief about a kennel (Stay) that couldn't handle him. The test visit was fine. A longer test visit was better. I was confident leaving him with them when I was out of the country for slightly over three weeks. When I picked him up, although he was happy to come home, he was so fond of Laura (I think) at Charlton that he wanted her to come home with us. Charlton doesn't have the homey feel of some boarding kennels but my dog like it there and that's what counts for me. That, and the fact that they can handle him. He had daily walks and, the day I picked him up, he had a bath.

08/17/2010

We have used this service twice for our dogs since they are not overly social. This kennel does not have the usual chain link fence between the dogs but instead the kennels are made of concrete. This way the dogs have their own private kennel and run. The staff is great and very friendly. They seem to care about the dogs and can be trusted to make sure the dogs remain safe and comfortable. Most kennels are very loud but the atmosphere here is serene which is great for our rather nervous dogs. The grounds are a farm and are extremely nice and well cared for. We shopped around a lot before finding this place. A little far out but worth the drive.

Description of Work
Boarding for one week for two dogs.

09/16/2009

Located on Sauvie Island at a very lovely Century Farm, the grounds are immaculate. It was the first time we have boarded our 12 year old Doxie and I was more nervous than he was! Everyone there was so kind and made us all feel right at home. Will not hesitate to board him there again. BTW . . . Buhner says HI.

Description of Work
Boarded my Doxie from Thursday to Monday for $100. One on one time for walks on the grounds for $24.

11/17/2008

Our dog was pleased to see us but appeared rested and unstressed.

Description of Work
I have a 15 yr old golden retriever mix that I needed to board for a week. I was very concerned about his age, bad hips, and stiffness. This kennel is fantastic. Upon driving up to the kennel, whose grounds are manicured, the kennel is pleasantly quiet and serene -even though they board many dogs and cats. The kennel has very thick walls. Each kennel faces out to a green space. The dogs appear content, unstressed and secure. The kennel has a heat lamp above a raised platform that you can bring their own bedding. Adjoining the "bedroom" is a typical enclosed cement area with a gate access to a green space. The senior animals receive 3 additional trips out to the green area (free of charge) daily to prevent them from getting stiff and they provided a mat on the cement to prevent his feet from slipping (preventing hip injuries- free of charge). The staff are professional and caring. We added extra walks (every other day) for additional $6.00 a walk and a bath before we picked him up (additional 20.00). I would not hesitate recommending this kennel. We live in Gresham and felt the travel to this kennel was well worth the peace of mind and comfort of our old friend.

09/01/2008

This is the only place I will leave my dog. He has many "issues" that they must handle. He will not potty in his kennel so he must be taken out throughout the day. He is not friendly yet he likes the people here and they like him! When we arrive he does not tuck-tail and shake, as he does at places he does not like. The kennels are heated, clean and well-maintained. The staff is caring and responsive. My only complaint would be that the check in/out process can be long if there are others in front of you.

Description of Work
Boarding for my dog, including walks.

10/29/2007

They are located outside of Portland, Oregon on Saubie Island. This is a very nice kennel and it is inexpensive. They were great and very professional. My dog responded to them really well, which was a really good thing. They have a heated area for the dogs to sleep and the kennels are a nice size. The dogs are separated and they can look out on a grassy area as well.

Description of Work
My Vizla stayed here for three nights and I paid extra to have an extra walk as well.

07/06/2006

Lulu and Pavlov love going to the Charlton Farm. They get a big grassy run and can bark at rabbits and birds all day long. They are always excited when we pick them up but sometimes I think they want to stay longer! The rates are great at $33 a day total for both dogs. Pay extra for a nature walk, it's worth it.

Description of Work
Repeated boarding of our two dogs.

06/16/2006

Personnel were friendly, responsive to requirements for preparing meals and offering snacks.

Description of Work
Boarded my dog; for additional charge provided 1/2 hour nature walks; also clipped nails, for extra charge.

11/03/2005

WE HAVE USED THIS KENNEL ON A REGULAR BASIS AND HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE.

Description of Work
BOARDED LABRADOR DOG FOR 11 DAYS ($20 DAY), EXTRA $6 DAY FOR 30-MINUTE NATURE WALK, BATH ($20). BASIC BOARDING INCLUDES PLAY TIME IN YARD.

Category kennels

dog kennels portland, dog boarding portland, obedience training portland, cat boarding portland