Orthopedic + Fracture Specialists

With Angi since October 2008

11782 SW Barnes Rd Ste 300

Portland, OR 97225

Our passion is putting life in motion. Yes. We’ve been at it awhile. We’ve clocked an impressive 80 years as a local and independent pioneer in orthopedic medicine. What we stand for and what keeps us striving, day after day, year after year is to be even better as a team of professionals. From the beginning, we’ve stood at the forefront of our field—as teachers, as writers and speakers, as researchers and as compassionate providers of care. We have come a long, long way, but through it all, we have never strayed from the values that have grounded us since the day we opened our doors. Our reputation has been and always will be earned one day at a time, one case at a time, one patient at a time. Yes—we have been at it awhile. And yet we still have so many lives to touch. ...

02/27/2020

ALAN B.

He did a fine job. He also do knees.

Description of Work
Brett Andres is an orthopedic surgeon. He provides a shoulder replacement surgery.

Category shoulder doctor

07/26/2019

John S.

Very well. Dr. Bowen quickly diagnosed the problem as well as several other issues related to my feet. He also provided recommendations for treating my issues.

Description of Work
Evaluation of painful area on outside of foot.

Category orthopedics,foot doctor

11/29/2017

Megan B.

I met with a doctor for a thumb injury. It was pretty straight forward, so the visit was short. He recommend a brace. A technician around the corner measured my hand and created a brace for my particular need. She also gave me some exercise instructions.

Description of Work
I needed a doctor to check a thumb injury.

09/19/2016

Susan E.

Great! I was back to work part-time 10-days post surgically and back to work full-time a week after that. The procedure went so well, I recently decided to return to rock climbing.

Description of Work
Minimally invasive total hip replacement.

Category hospitals,orthopedics,hip replacement

12/12/2015

$900 + later still do not know what is wrong with my knee. He did not listen. He would ask me the same questions over again. He was fairly arrogant and very late with no apology. I called to ask for a specific name for my "diagnosis". No body got back to me on that.....Feel like he does not really like people or enjoy his job, but of course likes to be a "Doctor" and wants you to know he is important.

Description of Work
Knee has been bothering me for 6+ months

01/05/2015

Dr. Sohlberg was very personable and explained his thoughts regarding my lack of need for further treatment. I waited in teh waiting room for a normal period of time, maybe 20 minutes. Once I got back in the treatment area, he was with me almost immediately.

Description of Work
I smashed my thumbs and fractured the tip of one. He reviewed the x-rays with me and explained what treatment was needed (none).

Category hand doctor

06/10/2014

Staff rude and disrespectful when trying to schedule services.

06/09/2014

Surgery for ankle replacement went very well. Little or no pain and progress to date better than expected.

Description of Work
Follow-up for ankle replacement. Survey was also taken by staff about effectiveness and replacement done 9 months ago.

Category foot doctor

04/24/2014

He's just very personable and he really cares. He's just dying to replace my knee and I don't think it's for the money. His staffs are wonderful and amazing. They are super friendly and always on time. They just act like they all care.

Description of Work
I go to Dr. Jason B. Kurian. He replaced my shoulder 2 years ago and what he did for me last month was to give me a knee shot, an orthovisc shot and gel shot to keep the bone off the bone.

Category orthopedics,knee doctor

04/23/2014

He was great. He was very efficient and did a great job. I've not had any problems. I have no complaints at all. The office is busy, and you may have to wait sometimes to be taken back once you arrive.

Description of Work
He did my knee replacements. I had to see him a lot.

04/23/2014

I don't think I asked enough questions at the follow up appointment because I didn't get enough answers. He seemed very nice. He did a good job on repairing my hip. He

Description of Work
He did my hip replacement. I only saw him once.

Category orthopedics,hip replacement

10/29/2013

nichole H.

We did not see a physician at Orthopedic and Associates but the staff who made the appointment were friendly and provided a reasonable appointment for my daughter.

Description of Work
My daughter injured her hand during gymnastics and Orthopedic & Fracture Specialists were prompt to get her appointment but the location ended up being too far away and we had a recommendation from a couple of friends for a closer Orthopedic Doctor (Pediatric).

Category orthopedics,massage therapy

10/26/2013

Did not get to see or talk to Doctor

Description of Work
I was looking for a second opinion regarding my recent accident. I fell from 10 feet and Shattered every bone in my right foot, and 3 breaks in the heel of the Left. I have been concerned about my current treatment and the increased pain and slow progress. I requested all information and X-Rays be forwarded to Dr. Davitts. Then they were to schedule an appointment to see me. Instead I got a call simple saying that Dr. Davitt concurred with my doctor and saw no need to see me. They did not seem to care that I had concerns and wanted my treatment looked at since my feet are getting worse.

Category foot doctor

09/23/2013

Sherrie H.

Doctors prescribed injections and then referred on to spinal specialists.

Description of Work
Knee and leg pain.

Category orthopedics,spine doctor

09/23/2013

Leonard S.

The shots were very effective in relieving knee pain. I was advised that the shots might not have full effect for a week, and that is exactly what happened.

Description of Work
Received cortizone shots to both knees.

Category knee doctor

09/16/2013

I knew there might be something worse than just a strain, and I begged for an MRI. It took me a couple of (expensive) visits before he finally agreed. It did turn out to have shown something, but he poo poo'd it. I went to another doctor, who explained exactly what it was and I am now satisfied. The clinic itself is a factory... I wouldn't go there again. You really don't get much time with a doctor. I base this on a few visits, but have heard many times from others.

Description of Work
Hurt my knee on an exercise machine. For weeks I could barely walk.

09/16/2013

I haven't had my surgery yet.

Description of Work
I'm going to have knee surgery this November. I can vouch for his bedside manner and the effectiveness of his treatment, as my mom, my daughter, and my son all had surgeries by Dr. Andres.

Category knee doctor,shoulder doctor

09/03/2013

Kathy R.

It went extremely well. I went for a second opinion and I felt that the physician was eager to provide options besides surgery. He was encouraging and I felt that if I followed his options he offered to stay symptom free I would not have to have immediate surgery. He was willing to prescribe physical therapy as well. I liked that he was willing to collaborate with me on my treatment plan.

Description of Work
I went for a second opinion; I requested this doctor because I saw him for a different issue but foot/ankle involved was again involved. He was welcoming, kind, attentive, and answered my many questions.

08/06/2013

GRACE B.

They are expertise is off the charts, everyone is so good. I like to research before any procedures. The folks came out on top during my research, and they certainly deserve that.

Description of Work
I have arthritis and have had many successful treatments here.

07/29/2013

Excellent bedside manner. Thorough diagnosis with multiple x-rays taken and she shared them with me. Recommendation option was presented, but she could do surgery t fuse the ankle but recommended against that approach.

Description of Work
Left ankle issue. Eliminate arthritis. Dr. Jenkins could fuse it but recommended that would not be the best approach due to no flexibility when fused.

Category podiatrist

06/13/2013

He was very good at making the situation and the procedure clear. I was on my feet the following day. Great improvement over the previous condition. I have no problem recommending him to others, in fact already have..

Description of Work
Full hip replacement

05/07/2013

Marschelle C.

Dr Gentile was very good with communicating and diagnosing the problem with my foot. He took time to listen and to fully examine my foot for all problems.

Description of Work
I aggravated the sheath that protects the nerves in my foot which caused a bump on the bottom of my foot. A soluble cortisone shot later and all is well. Dr Gentile is wonderful with explaining my foot problem and helping me understand the cause and effect. Fantastic foot doctor!

02/13/2013

I was very happy with Dr. Kurian and I've been seeing him for three years. I am pain free and that's the main thing. I was bone on bone with both knees and my shoulder is that way also. It went very well and I have shoulder surgery coming up that I've been putting off. I had injured my leg prior to surgery just trying to get around and had so much pain, but they were able to get it worked out with a lot of physical therapy and massage therapy. They were very patient, very gentle, and kind to me. They were very attentive to me at the clinic, but it's a little intimidating. They are sports enthusiast and have a lot of sports memorabilia in their office. A good number of the staff are Iron Man and Iron Woman marathon distant runners. He's a young looking doctor. He looks like he should be in high school, but he's very professional. They treat children and all age groups of people that I've seen in the clinic. They're very busy, but they seem to be very good. I'm just very cautious of uneven surfaces because I have a fear of falling or sitting down and not being able to get back up. It was all covered under my insurance. I plan on going back, but I've had so much going on with surgery, physical therapy, and swim therapy that I just needed to give myself psychological break from medical stuff.

Description of Work
Dr. Jason Kurian with the Orthopedic & Fracture Specialists performed double knee replacement surgery on me. I went for a follow-up last year.

Category physical therapist,massage therapy,knee doctor

09/21/2012

RICHARD S.

They are very professional and organized. They hve a lot of specialists for different issues. They are a full service group and offer physical therapy, MRI's and quite a bit of other services.

Description of Work
I had a consult done at Orthopedic & Fracture Clinic.

08/04/2012

He is really awesome. I think he was able to come to the diagnostic faster than other doctors.

Description of Work
I was having back pain so I went to see him.

Orthopedics