Mount Tabor Family Medical Grp

With Angi since October 2008

4.1

Primary Care - Family Medicine
Primary Care - Internal Medicine

There are 5 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Average patient volume is 110 patients per day....

02/11/2016

To get higher grades, they could be more professional.

Description of Work
I use Mount Tabor Family Medical Grp.

07/07/2014

I always get good care. I was never left in the waiting room for very long. They are always very helpful.

Description of Work
I Mount Tabor Family Medical Grp. I've been going to them for about 6 years now.

05/19/2013

I was looking for a new primary care provider, and made an appointment to see Dr. Guyette. After reading about her areas of practice and background, I thought she might be a good fit with what I have been looking for in a doctor. I have seen her one time for an initial visit and was very impressed. She is knowledgeable about so many things; I was surprised she even knew about a rare disorder that occurs in my family that most people have not heard of, and she is current on the literature about a variety of issues we were talking about. She takes a holistic view of health, and seems like she sincerely cares about her patients and getting at the root causes of health concerns. She spent over an hour with me. After my visit, I officially made her my new primary care physician. She has not been at this location for very long, but I hope she settles in and stays in Portland for a long time.

Description of Work
I was looking for a new primary care provider, and wanted to see Dr. Janel R. Guyette.

05/10/2013

I stopped going to this provider. I had started w/ a doctor who moved on to a different group. I started with another doctor who also then moved on to a different group. My next appointment was serviced by a nurse practictioner, who misdiagnosed a pre-cancerous skin lesion as excema. When I started going to this provider, my wait times were 20-30 minutes. This got worse, to 40 minutes, and finally I walked away from my last appointment without being serviced. I felt my time was completely unrespected and I took my business elsewhere. With the exception of my last serviced appointment, the care I received was fine, if fairly routine. Office is pretty standard, though the waiting room can get warm in the summer. The real issue is I just can't abide being made to wait for so long for a 15 minute appointment. I do not recommend this provider.

Description of Work
Routine visit w/ primary care physician

08/10/2010

The office staff was generally unhelpful. The billing was terrible. They overcharged me, failed to accept my payments, and charged me inappropriate late fees. Karen herself was normally adequate, but she made a number of mistakes. For example, she would loose files that were sent from other doctor's offices which resulted in unnecessary delays and rescheduled appointments. Another example, is that responses were always delayed. I had more luck getting quick treatment from Zoomcare or the Providence health nurse. This was an issue for me as I suffer from cold soars and I often get strep throat, both of which need to be treated fast. I changed to a new doctor, who is much further away, but at least provides competent treatment.

Description of Work
I used the Mt Tabor Family Medical Group and Karen as my nurse for a couple years for general issues related to my back and ordinary health issues like strep throat, colds, etc.

01/20/2009

I visit them because they are about the only place my medical coverage will allow me to go. The only disappointing thing about them is that they don't have an after hours center or urgent care center.

Description of Work
I've been going to this medical facility for about 4 years.

Category internist

08/18/2008

I think they are good; they are not perfect, but I have been pleased. Cost is a little disappointing, but then that is the nature of the medical field so I won't hold that against them. Other than that I feel like I have received great service.

Description of Work
I go to them for my primary care physician and have been through about three doctors.

07/22/2008

She really knows what she is doing. She is very professional. She seems to enjoy her work. She always listens to you and stays on task. I don't generally have to wait long, she keeps her appointments on time. She was really able to help me out. I am very glad I decided to see her.

Description of Work
I use Dr. Shlef who specializes in manipulations, she is my osteopath. I have been seeing her for six months.

FAMILY MEDICINE.