Laurelhurst Veterinary Hospital

Founded 1929 • With Angi since October 2005

Veterinarians
Lab Services - Diagnostic

"At Laurelhurst Veterinary Hospital, our mission is to provide an unsurpassed experience in veterinary care through the skilled and compassionate hands of our dedicated team members!"...

Feline Medical Clinic

The Feline Medical Clinic is a full service veterinary clinic exclusively for cats. Our clinic is founded on the belief that cats are very special. Their personalities and medical concerns are different from those of other animals. We understand the strong bond that forms between cats and their owners. As a companion, friend and confidante, your cat is an important part of the family. And, like any other family member, your cat deserves the finest possible health care. Our goal is to offer the highest quality of medical and surgical care -- a standard of care that we believe all cats deserve.

04/10/2017

Perfectly, Our vet called them, I paid by card over the phone, and a friend picked it up for me.

Description of Work
Needed prescription food provided on short notice.

08/30/2015

Saved our dog's life! Our 4 year old dog was stung by a bee. Within 20 minutes, he was limp, unconscious, and in shock. Anaphylactic shock! We rushed him to the Laurelhurst Veterinary Hospital. The receptionist scooped him up into her arms, and ran down the hall to the OR/Procedure room. Their elite team, with Dr. Suji Abbott and her veterinarian technicians, went to work. They administered IV fluids, IV Decadron, IV Benadryl, and oxygen. They continued to update us and report on his progress. In addition to their expertise, their concern and empathy were very evident. After two hours we saw him awake and alert, and by the evening we were able to take him home on oral Benadryl. They saved his life! We are enormously grateful for their superb care!

Description of Work
Treated anaphylactic shock! Saved our dog's life!

02/03/2014

My 3 month-old puppy went in earlier in the day for routine puppy check and vaccines. As the day progressed, he vomited several times and was quite painful. They had me bring him back and he was seen right away. He received dexamethasone, famotidine and diphenhydramine and was observed for about an hour. As I was leaving with him, I asked what the bill would be and they waived it. The staff was so caring and sweet and the concern for my puppy was obvious from the start.

Description of Work
Provided urgent care for my puppy with a vaccine reaction

07/12/2013

Very friendly staff! They were delayed in seeing us because of an emergency. However they checked in with us regularly and gave gave us a gift card for having to wait. Loved them and am happy to have them as my regular vet!

Description of Work
We had a general check up for a kitten that had been abandoned at 3 weeks old. He had some eye issues and we just wanted to establish a relationship.

06/23/2013

I've been taking my dog to these folks for her 6 years for routine vet services. I always left feeling like they tried to oversell unnecessary services and like I was a bad and quot;parentand quot; for being concerned about the cost of these extras. I am concerned about over-spending, but more importantly subjecting my best friend to uncomfortable and unnecessary procedures without first taking a conservative and systematic approach to problems. This became especially evident when she developed a skin condition. I am a scientist who does plenty of research before assuming the worst. The vet wasn't especially interested in my observations about my dog, nor my most-likely hypotheses about what might be wrong (mind you, I am not pushy or think I know better, but I DO spend more than an hour a year with her so might know SOMEthing), instead opting for exhaustive (and expensive) testing, without a process of elimination. To me, that's just bad science. Either they were more concerned about charging for services or being lazy with how to analyze my dog's problems. I've since changed vets and, with their excellent service, can now really see the difference between good and poor care. The contrast is stark. I won't be taking any of my pets back to this place.

Description of Work
Provided ongoing care for my dog

08/11/2012

They are very nice and professional. They really genuinely care. I've been using them for 6 years now.

Description of Work
We went to Laurelhurst Veterinary Hospital for a refill of my pet's prescription last month.

02/14/2012

They have awesome hours of availability and they are a very clean facility. They have very nice examining rooms and good doctors. The only down side is that they are a little costly.

Description of Work
I took my cat in for an exam.

10/22/2010

The consult did not go well as the vet could not tell if it was his ACL or something else. She wanted to do a x-ray. Ok, fine, how much? I got an estimate of $539. I asked why it was so expensive, because he needed to be sedated. I opted out. I decide to do more research and to see if he got any better. He is not really getting better so after my research, I have concluded it is an ACL and will probably need surgery. In my research it seems most vets would be able to tell just buy a exam if it was his ACL. I have come to the conclusion that this vet clinic is overpriced and prescribe needless procedures. I am looking to take Reilly somewhere else for now on.

Description of Work
I have been going to Laurelhurst Vet center since my dog Reilly was a puppy. I think they are very attentive and do a good job. This past visit was because Reilly hurt his leg and it was not getting better. I made and appointment and brought him in for a consult.

09/19/2010

After years of going to another local veterinary office, we finally made the switch to Laurelhurst Vet Hospital and couldn't be happier. Our 13 year old cat had intestinal issues for the past year or two and the other vet continued to prescribe more and more doses of steroid medication, which was never helping. After a lengthy initial meeting with Dr. Duggan, she listened and asked questions, and simply suggesteed a change of food. This worked immediately, and is still working over one year later. They are all extremely nice and knowledgeable. I appreciate that they have worked late to accomodate us, as well as the attention and service the provide to us when we are in for a simple visit, or an ill pet.

Description of Work
Diagnosing our 13 year old cat as having food allergies, general vet visits for our new puppy, recommended puppy training classes at a great facility.

09/02/2010

After multiple visits to assess and diagnose my cat's illness, it became clear that she was dying and that it might be necessary to consider putting her to sleep. Dr Vaila and Chantal came to my home, spent almost two hours making certain that both my cat and I were ready for her to be euthanized, and completed the procedure with great care, kindness and gentleness. It was done at a pace that I was comfortable with, and only after discussing the situation with me, ascertaining that I was in complete agreeement and understood what would take place. Given the difficulty of losing an animal, this was the best possible resolution and I am very grateful to the hospital and staff.

Description of Work
Having an animal euthanized is very difficult; the staff at LVH made my pet's death as gentle, loving and peaceful as possible. ALL of the staff there was helpful, considerate and thoughtful over the last six months as my 21 yo cat's health declined, and I want to particularily commend Dr. Vaila for her professionalism, kindness and caring.

Category veterinarian

Comprehensive health examinations, vaccinations & well-pet counseling, senior pet & advance dental care , radiology, nutritional, ultrasound, surgery, laboratory, permanent identification, pharmacy, urgent and emergency care & prescription diets .