Honest-1 Auto Care Stark

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2011

2002 SE Stark St

Portland, OR 97214

Additional contact name - Stephen Grimes. Additional DBAs - Grimes Enterprises Inc, Honest One Auto Care. Award wining....

10/16/2017

Madeline C.

The manager at Honest Auto Care was extremely nice and professional. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Checked brakes and oil change.

05/10/2017

sandy S.

I first want to say that this latest round of repairs only happened at this location because it was closest to my house and I had a tow. The old manager Pete, was great, the new manager named Scottie made racist remarks about my tow truck driver and then again about a woman in the waiting room when I went to pick my car up later. He also first said they couldn't work on my car because it was too old (1991) but I told him they had installed the clutch that was problematic. I took it back in for adjustment and they said it was fine, it got stiffer and stiffer. I took it back in again and they charged me for adjusting it, said they needed to pull the transmission to see what was going on... I payed for the adjustment and took it to a mechanic I know and trust a little farther away- Turns out a rod in the master cylinder was bent, he said he couldn't tell if it was because of a faulty part, or faulty installation, but the part was of inferior quality and would ned to be replaced with a better quality part.

Description of Work
I had my clutch replaced here a few years ago and was continuing to have problems with it. They then told me it was my master cylinder, so I paid to have that replaced just a couple of months ago.

09/27/2016

Jessica K.

I have taken my car to Honest-1 for a couple of years now and today I brought it in for an oil change. Once again, I left having had a superb experience. I recently had to have my airbag replaced in my Toyota due to a recall. When I brought the car to Toyota, they told me there were a number of other issues that should be fixed. However, when I brought the car to Auto-1 for my regular oil change not a week later, I they verified that none of those items were a problem. In addition, they replaced a filter for me at no-cost because I had recently had it replaced through them and a rodent ate through it. Seriously, they're awesome.

Description of Work
Standard oil change

08/24/2016

Ellen H.

But I haven't been back because I didn't like him because it was just an oil change and they didn't put the cap back on on my oil so it was leaking everywhere I could have lost my whole engine and I thinking really you guys are professionals and you can't do that. I mean they were professional I waited and everything to get it changed and they were really nice but I mean the quality was gone.

Description of Work
I used Honest-1 Auto Care Stark for auto service.

09/02/2015

Jeme S.

There are two guys that run the shop. They've taken great care of me. It didn't cost me anything because I'm on a plan.

Description of Work
I saw them last when the oil was changed. They also changed out light bulbs. They do everything, brakes and everything.

08/03/2015

Donna M.

It took them a day to do the work. I trust them that they're not going to charge me more than because I used to deal with Subaru dealer and I think they over charged.

Description of Work
I take my car to Honest-1 Auto Care Stark. I had a power steering pump replaced; they fixed alternator bolt and time belt alternator and oil change.

07/21/2015

Tracy G.

I scheduled an appointment a week in advance for a tuneup on a day that my wife did not need her car. When we arrived to drop the car off, the manager said that he couldn't do it because he was too busy. I do not know how he decided which appointments he would honor and which he wouldn't, but when I said, "A call would have been appreciated," he said that a tech had called in sick at just 6:45 in the morning. Considering that it was then 8:15, there was certainly plenty of time to call me to reschedule. Even then, a more professional shop would have explained the situation and asked if I would mind bringing the car in on a different day or found a way to "fit it in" if the customer was unable to. It's unfortunate because I've been looking for a new shop for my cars since my old mechanic retired.

Description of Work
N/A (Had scheduled a tuneup one week earlier.)

Category auto repair

[Member name removed], Hi my name Is Pete Mcadoo. I am the store manager I first off want to say I am so sorry that we didn't call you that morning. Scott my service manager was the one you guys had talked to and we both apologize for your inconvenience. I would like to talk to you further to see if I could be your new automotive repair facility and given another chance. I promise I wont disappoint. Please call me at the shop and ask for me 503-233-4003 I hope to hear from you.

05/26/2015

PAUL L.

We were in the area to look at a used car. Our normal mechanic is quite a distance away so we looked on Angies List to find another in the area and chose Honest-1 on Stark St. After picking up the car from the dealer we went to Honest-1 and were told that our list of concerns exceeded the level of work covered by a pre-purchase inspection which was disappointing but we appreciated the up-front warning. He offered to take a look at one issue to give us an opinion and ended up spending 15 minutes with us discussing his opinion on this brand of car with this amount of mileage and gave specific example of what was likely to start failing soon. It was very revealing to us and after thanking him we called our mechanic who validated everything we were told which completely changed our minds about considering this car brand in our current search and probably saved us some headaches. We GREATLY appreciate the technician taking the time to talk to us and share some information, that type of customer service earns business in my opinion. Although we did not buy services from them on this trip, we would definitely choose them in the future and would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Pre-purchase inspection

05/04/2015

Jeme S.

I can always count on Pete and Scott to take care of me even without an appointment. They always try to put the customer first. I feel like a valued customer.

Description of Work
Oil change, but they've replaced head lights, repaired brakes, transmission, broken wipers, and more

Category auto repair,transmission repair

03/26/2015

KAREN J.

I dropped it off in the morning and I was shuttled home. K & M tested the battery and found that it was marginal or just on the edge. It started the van fine even after sitting a long period. They could not get it to reproduce the problem. I was not charged for their labor.

Description of Work
We were having an intermittant starting problem if the electronics were used without the engine being on. K & M checked the battery and starting system.

Aatco Transmission & Transaxle

Tim's AATCO Transmission & Transaxle is a transmission repair shop in Beaverton, Oregon. Tim from AATCO would like to thank you for checking out our company. We've been serving the area for over 20 years and most of our client base is made of referrals and return customers. Our mechanics specialize in automatic and manual transmissions and transfer cases. We also repair or replace clutches, u-joints and drive axles. Our shop is spread out over about 8,500 sq. ft. with over 100 re-built transmissions in stock! We can also take care of your transfer case and differential maintenance. We service all makes and models of cars, trucks, RV's and 4x4s. We specialize in: Inspections and analysis, Calibrations, Drivability evaluations, Rebuilding, Reconditioning, Scheduled maintenance, Towing We are committed to providing you with excellent services, and we take our clients' opinion to heart when we perform our repairs. In fact, our customers have given great feedback to us, which has helped us develop our auto repair services over the years. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Our technicians are ASE certified. Ask about our nationwide warranties. Call AATCO Transmission & Transaxle today for a phone quote or to discuss your auto repair needs!

UNITED AUTO GLASS INC

4 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT.

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Mufflers
    Auto Glass
    MasterCard, Discover, Visa, Financing Available

AC & Heating, Check Engine Light, Oil Change & Lube, Service & Repair, Timing Belts, Transmission Repair, DEQ & Emission Services, Check Engine Light, Electrical Repair, Heating & Cooling, Air Conditioning, Fuel System Service, Clutches, Oil Changes & Tune-Ups, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Transmission Repair, Wheel Alignment, New Tires & Tire Repair, Steering & Suspension, Shocks & Struts, Engine Repairs

Body Repair, Collision Repair, Paint.