Center For Natural Medicine

With Angi since October 2008

3.8

1330 SE 39th Ave

Portland, OR 97214

There are 5 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Average patient volume is 10 patients per day....

02/28/2013

kelly B.

it went great, I'm back to work after following her plan and receiving treatment. I had a bulging disc that I thought would require surgery. She got me back to normal with no surgery thankfully, following her plan that included treatment from her and a referral to another doc as well.

Description of Work
Had a bad back, got treatment from Dr Barrett. She helped me get better. She always does great work, and is very professional and thorough. She really knows her stuff. I mistreat my back regularly, and she always gets me back on my feet and feeling well. Now if I would just follow her advice for the long term!

01/30/2013

He can find out what's wrong with me when no one else can. He is also really good with my thyroid medication and balancing it.

Description of Work
He is my naturopathic physician.

08/29/2012

Overall she has an easy manner of sorting though all your issues. She understands your symptoms and investigates your issues and is a good listener.

Description of Work
I used her services for general health check up.

Category family doctor

12/01/2010

Doctor is a pleasant chap but made it clear that since I was a kaiser member all visits would be limited to 20 minutes--this even included the initial consult-Ths was frustrating to me but doctor indicated those were the parameters for kaiser patients-Not exactly the truth as I have since been advised by other naturopathic doctors that initial consult would be 40 to 60 minutes and average appt. time would be a half hour. I even mentioned this to Dr. Milner and his response was thats what he did. At times I felt like I was a charity case and was advised if I wanted more time I could go to his clinic and then he would "review" the work of his residents. His ultimate recommendations for diet and nutrition were almost identical to what I was allready doing. He apparently is an "expert" on cardiac naturopathy and did call me when I was too sick to come in. Overall I get the picture of someone more concerned with "business" . He apparently has been doing this for many years and now works only three days a week despite seeming relatively youthful. Since I stopped seeing him I have received letters that he now has "recent grad assistants" to help him oversee his workload-----seems like less involvement and more business for his practice which he own and has several employees.

Description of Work
visited naturopath for several visits to develop a program for cardiac health-Doctor gave me an an excellent exam and took history over five visits and made recomendations for diet and nutritional therapy

Category cardiologist,alternative medicine

06/15/2009

DIANE S.

I used Cindy Anderson, one of the acupuncturists there. I really liked her. She did cupping on my shoulder and while it was somewhat painful, she explained why she was using cupping along with the needles. I bruised the next day, but my shoulder did feel better. Unfortunately, the treatment just wasn't working on my shoulder. I was disappointed that she didn't stop the treatment and offer some alternatives. I finally just quit going (I found massage to be more helpful). She is not the best acupuncturist I have had, but I would go back to her with specific injuries. The practice was good about billing my insurance.

Description of Work
Acupuncture for a frozen shoulder.

04/22/2009

He didn't address my issue with my thyroid and he didn't have the test that would have given him the information. I got a bill for the appointment, but I would not agree to pay the entire bill.

Description of Work
I was going to consult with him about my thyroid condition, but he charges $250.00 for an appointment. Before the appointment, I requested that his staff get all of my records from my doctor. When I got to the appointment, he didn't have any of the information. He proceeded to talk to me about an experimental procedure that he has a proprietary interest in, but it had never been used on anyone with a brain injury.

Alternative Med. - General