BRIDGETOWN CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2008

7727 NE GLISAN ST

Portland, OR 97213

We provide the Portland-metro area with a holistic approach to health and wellness through experienced and effective chiropractic care and massage therapy. With an extensive experience of sports, auto and workplace injuries and a focus on whole body health, Bridgetown Chiropractic and Wellness provides treatments that fit our patient's lifestyles. And we offer a level of customer service that is unparalleled in Portland. ADDITIONAL ADDRESS: 13568 SE 97TH AVE, STE 100, CLACKAMAS, OR 97015....

03/31/2014

Rebecca F.

Description of Work
My husband threw out his low back on a Saturday morning, just as a snow storm hit Portland and shut down the city. By Monday morning, my husband's condition hadn't improved and many Portland establishments chose not to open due to the snow. I called a couple chiropractic offices near our home (or normal chiropractor is located in Vancouver) with no luck. I'm so glad Bridgetown Chiropractic answered or call! | |The friendly receptionist was able to schedule us within the hour and even sent the first-time-patient paperwork to us via email to save time when we arrived. | |The doctor was friendly, knowledgeable, and hadas wonderful bedside manner. No stuffy wire jackets here. In his early forties, the doctor embodied Portlandia: beard, hiking boots, jeans, plaid shirt, and a the ability to sprinkle pop culture and outdoorsy tidbits into an otherwise serious medical conversation. | |My husband had returned many times in the past month for adjusment, electronic simulation, and massage therapy. | |The clinic puts patient health first; this isn't a production line health facility. This is demonstrated by the doctor taking timeto teach my husband which settings to use on our own professional grade e-stim machine.

Category chiropractor, massage therapy

(Member name removed), I have to break in those new Danner boots somehow! Thanks for the kind review, much, much appreciated. Dr. Dwight

02/16/2014

BODIE D.

Description of Work
Great adjustment, very friendly and professional.

Category massage therapy

Thank you for the kind review. We will see you next time you need us! Dr. Reid

12/21/2012

Bill W.

Was able to get in the very next day of my call. They took time to review my history and investigate my knee and ankle joints prior to discussing options. Even during the adjustment they continued to evaluate the moment of my joints. After the adjustments, I was pleasantly surprised by the time they spent with me discussing exercises to strengthen the muscles supporting my joints and providing specific instructions on what I can do on a daily basis to improve my range of motion and prevent future injury. By doing the recommended exercises and stretches I have avoided any further joint strains and feel more confident in my joints.

Description of Work
Knee and ankle adjustments. I have had issues with my ankles and knees for years and these guys were able to help!

03/15/2012

TERRY H.

I saw Dane on the 24th of Feb,guy was a real smoozer ,which I appreciated. He has a great bedside manner and seemed to know what he was doing,although a this point I was waiting for results before giving a positive report,after the treatment I did feel better and improved throughout the day. For sixty bucks,the geezer rate,I don't think old folks can go wrong.

Description of Work
I had been noticing a pain in my left hip and my son,a nurse said it looked misaligned when I walked.I went on Angie's List and called Bridgetown Chiropractic and Wellness,one of the highly rated providers.First time to a chiropractor ever in 67 years and set up an appointment to see Dane Seitz.

11/16/2011

catherine E.

Very good listener. I trust the diagnosis, however, the adjustments were unsuccessful.

Description of Work
Low back pain brought me in. Doc diagnosed and treated me with heat and adjustments.

Category chiropractor

I reviewed your chart before responding to become familiar once again with our visit. I want to thank you for taking the time to add a review, and appreciate the kind grades for most of your experience. Sometimes it takes a few visits to get a problem under control, or even longer to return an injured patient to their pre-injury status. While we only had one visit, I hope you have felt better since and have continued to improve. In Health, Dwight Reid DC

10/07/2011

mindy G.

Always on time, friendly and good. The massage therapists are great too!

Description of Work
bad back, gardening does me in. I like to remain physically active, unfortunately-my body doesn't

09/05/2011

ROBIN D.

A good overall experience.

Description of Work
For the past several months I have had my toddler granddaughter living with me. She now weighs 30 pounds, and I do most of her lifting and carrying. It has taken a toll on my back. It is often tight and/or sore. I finally decided to go see a chiropractor. Used Angie's List to find one that was highly recommended. Was glad to see that it Bridgeport used email. However, when I contacted Dwight Reid via email, he responded that I should call the office to schedule an appt. Not what I expected. I did do that and just a few days later was able to go in and be seen by Dwight. He was very personable as well as knowledgeable. Spent time evaluating me, and then did a couple of adjustments. The tightness in my back felt immediate relief. He also suggested that I should next consider getting a massage, as the muscles on one side of my back were very tight. Although the relief I felt from seeing him only lasted a few days, it showed me that there are things to do for my discomfort. If I had a more serious problem with my back, I would not hesitate to go back and see Dwight. He is well trained and effective.

Category chiropractor

Thank you for the friendly words. Being recognized for ones hard work and dedication is always appreciated, no matter which field you work in. As for the scheduling, I am able to respond with email, but we still use old fashioned pencil and paper to schedule appointments, so I likely did not have the schedule book with me. Sorry for the inconvenience. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am very pleased to hear you had relief with our work. Call us again anytime. Dwight Reid DC

01/12/2011

Marilyn H.

I could not be happier with the results. I have been on 4 visits and my back/leg pain is gone after several years of debilitating sciatic pain. I can hardly believe it! My only regret is that I waited so long. The neck problem is solved also. Dr. Reid did not hard sell for an ongoing program but suggested that I may want to return about once a month just to make sure all is well - or not at all if I am fine. He explained everything and answered all my many questions with professionalism and respect. The office setting is very homey and the office staff is wonderful too. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Reid and his office if you are having pain problems. These 4 visits have given me back my previous painfree life and I have returned to my 3 mile a day exercise walk with renewed energy and enjoyment. What a difference it makes to go through normal activities without constant pain. Thankyou, Dr. Reid and staff.

Description of Work
Bad neck and back pain drove me to seek a chiropractor after pursuing all medical avenues with no relief. Dr Reid did adjustments to both my neck and back. Also I had a deep tissue massage on my neck by the massage therapist there. It was great.

10/22/2010

Kathy W.

Everything went well from beginning to end. They a re a great place to go and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I got chiropractic care and massage from this Great Place!!! It was terrific in all areas!!!

05/28/2010

Karen S.

The office is small but extremely well outfitted. They are some of the most competent and brilliant chiropractors I have ever been with. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I get a combination of adjustment and message therapy.

03/25/2010

Karen S.

I could never have found a better practitioner. Dwight Reid has superior skill. It is a pleasure to visit his office, and I always leave feeling better. I can't recommend Dr. Reid and his staff high enough - do yourself a favor and seek them out if in an accident, or having back problems, or for general monthly treatments to keep the body in sync. Your body will love you and you will love Dr. Reid.

Description of Work
I have not been treated at this office about 5 times. I have a long history of chiropractic care, so I know well what is good and not so good treatment, what are gimmicks, what works and what doesn't. I have also seen dozens of providers over the last 20+ years. I have to place Dr. Reid at the top of the list of competence, compassion, communication. He performs magic without gimmicks, his adjustments are gentle but effective. In addition he has 2 massage therapists that are totally professional, thorough, and highly competent. The combined treatment has made a huge difference in my condition within a short period of time.

03/23/2010

mindy G.

excellent

Description of Work
chiro/massage

03/15/2010

Andrew R.

It went well - i have another appointment in a week. Looking forward to it.

Description of Work
Saw Dr. Reid -my first visit to a chiropractor and he was fantastic. Made me feel comfortable and set good expectations about what I would experience during my first treatment/adjustment.

08/12/2009

Lisa A.

This is a fun, laid back office. For my 9 a.m. appointment, I was greeted by Dr. Seitz ("Dr. Dane") who was opening the office since the usual administrative assistant had called in sick. He gave me all the paperwork to fill out and also made coffee. I had brought my own, so I can't speak to the quality of the coffee, but the waiting room is certainly well stocked with coffee, water and tea. Dr. Reid assessed my condition and helped me determine whether to file with insurance or pay out of pocket. This office does offer a substantial cash discount. Dr. Reid was very thorough and an excellent communicator. I learned many things about my condition and how to mitigate it. After my adjustment, I have been well aligned since then. I no longer need to crack my back and a certain, popping/crunching in my lower, left hip has completely dissappeared. Also, this office offers package discounts for therapeutic massage. So, I plan to get an adjustment once a month, followed by a therapeutic massage. I will try to remember to submit a report about the quality of the massage. In any case, I think that Bridgetown Chiropractic will become part of my healthcare maintenance routine. I am well pleased.

Description of Work
initial intake/assessment of condition, spinal adjustment

07/14/2009

Alison N.

Terrible neck/shoulder pain, receptionist was kind enough to schedule me on Dr. Reid's lunch hour that day. The overall experience was great - very nice staff, professional, kind, compassionate, and Dr. Reid is highly skilled, also gave good preventative advise. Bright cheery office and exam rooms. There is even a talented massage therapist on staff, to loosen the muscles before an adjustment. I was really hesitant to try a chiropractic doctor as I've always just used MDs, but the pain was so intense I thought it was worth a try - really remarkable healing results.

Description of Work
I received heat treatment, some massage, and adjustments. Dr. Reid listened carefully as I described my pain, measured my range of motion, and described what he thought was happening. He also demonstrated the probably cause of my pain using one of those skeletons as well as illustrations of the muscles, and answered all my questions.

04/22/2009

Jennifer J.

I found Dr. Reid here on Angie's List, and seeing that he puts the local Roller Derby queens back together, I figured he was a good bet. That and his offices are close enough to drive to with only one working arm. I expected competence after the other reviews here, what I could not have anticipated was the old-school earnestness and the frank integrity he brings to the table. Empathy without ickiness, understanding without presumption, respect without pandering. I do not respond well to the feelings of vulnerability and diminishment which accompany acute pain, but Reid's easygoing demeanor won my trust as it is clearly the result of his professional confidence, his pride in his skills, rather than the cavalier dismissiveness I have found in other practitioners. This isn't just the euphoria of pain relief speaking, but a long enough life to know that his combination of mechanical competence and intuition, of style and substance, are exceptional in any specialty.

Description of Work
Dr. Reid scheduled me immediately after I awoke in agony one morning, hardly able to function owing to a compressed nerve. He listened attentively to my history, posited several possible causes explaining their differences, performed strength and range of motion tests and then proceeded with adjustments. He did a very professional job of scaling my expectations, and after another two adjustments the improvement has been a salvation.

02/11/2009

Rosi T.

I've been using Bridgetown Chiropractic for a few years. I have reoccurring chronic back pain, and they've gotten me very near being in good chiropractic health again. They've got me walking much more than I thought I'd be able to after a recent vehicular accident I was in.

Description of Work
I go to Bridgetown Chiropractic and Wellness for my chiropractic concerns.

10/14/2008

Shannon L.

It went great! He has great bedside manner and is obviously very knowledgeable in his practice.I will certainly go back.

Description of Work
This was my initial consult. I was told that all follow up visits are $45.00. I had become very disenchanted with chiropractic care b/c no one would ever teach you how to work your body to feel better. They always just treated current symptoms, which always came back. Dr. Reed believes in strengthening, and apparently has a room full of equipment to teach you just that. I personally just needed a "tune-up" today. I have scoliosis and was beginning to feel stiff. I've always had chiropractic, but Dr. Reed exceeded everyone else's variety of techniques and aligned my spine, ribs, and pelvis better than anyone else ever has. I left the office feeling like a new woman!

10/14/2008

Shannon L.

The massage felt great! She has very good technique, and I felt so much better afterwords. I explained to her that my husband was coming later that afternoon and that he likes deep tissue...as hard as she can press. She explained that a male therapist works the afternoons, and that this was probably for the best, as he is much larger than her and can work much deeper on my big husband's muscles! During the massage, I felt her fingers slightly shake a couple times...I think she probably needed to eat lunch, which was just after my appointment. Very relaxing massage!! I'll definitely go back.

Description of Work
I received a half hour massage after my chiropractic adjustment. The focus of the massage was on my neck, back, shoulder blades.

Category massage therapy

08/18/2008

Richard H.

What a great provider! Dr Reid himself called me back in less than an hour and my appointment was the next day, Dr. Reid spent about an hour between stretching, electro-stim, heat. massage, and adjustment. Dr. Reid's exam nailed every problem I have without expensive x-rays or ultrasound. I'm a big guy and not easy to adjust and Dr, Reid put in the effort to correct every problem including some that are chronic problems but weren't causing pain. I have had several Chiropractor's in the Portland area and Dr. Reid is the best! As a cash paying customer, I really like his one price covers all policy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bridgetown Chiropractic. By the way I was 40 minutes early and the first appointment of the day and Dr. Reid arrived 30 minutes early. This is probably the first time ever a medical provider saw me before my appointment! Also the Doctor reviewed my physical therapy recommendations and added others.

Description of Work
Lower and mid back adjustment.

04/18/2008

Allison D.

After working with several practitioners Dr. Dwight Reid's approach and technique have proven the most effective, and after 3 years of treatment and maintenance visits I no longer suffer from the life encroaching affliction I once did. His level of dedication, professionalism and concern for his patients is of such a high level that I have remained a loyal patient and in his care as he has worked towards opening his own practice I would highly recommend him to anyone searching for treatment, and urge them not to delay any further in addressing any similar ailment.

Description of Work
After 10+ year of suffering from severe headaches and life impacting pain I decided to try a visit to a Chiropractic Clinic on a friend's recommendation. After describing my symptoms and resulting pain/limitations the doctors there were able to quickly estimate the possible causes, and with there assistance I was able to confirm a diagnoses of a compressed 5 & 6 vertebrae and start a effect treatment plan.

Chiropractic Care
    Massage Therapy
    Check, Visa, MasterCard
    $30/$40

CHIROPRACTIC CARE, MASSAGE THERAPY, NUTRITIONAL COUNSELING, EXERCISE THERAPY.