Bouffant Hair Salon

Founded 2007 • With Angi since February 2011

3.3

33 NW 9th Ave 2nd Fl

Portland, OR 97209

Cost is determined by the job....

07/10/2014

KIM A.

Jessica Rice cut my hair. She was new to the salon, but said she had worked in California and in another salon in the Pearl. I gave her a picture of myself and told her that's how I wanted my hair cut. She picked apart the picture and then, I guess, decided to cut my hair the way SHE wanted. It's turned out terribly. It flipped when I wanted it under and it was all frizzy. It looked like I had ear muffs on a box. Horrible. And, she put so much product it it that I had to wash it twice and could still smell the stuff. So now I get to grow it out enough so someone can cut it correctly. I do not know exactly what she did, but my hair is not the same and I think it's about the worst hair cut I've ever had.

Description of Work
Hair cut

03/29/2014

Derek S.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. As many women do, I look forward to my hair appointments as a rare opportunity to pamper myself. I have been a client at Bouffant Salon for 3 years now and adore my stylist Kari. Every time I visit her I feel special and pampered and she does an amazing job. Yesterday, I had a VERY different experience. When I came in for my appointment she was still working on the client prior to me. The front desk informed me that her assistant would wash my hair to prep for my cut. This was odd as Kari has never worked with an assistant before. I drive from Sherwood to the downtown location and pay a hefty price for Kari and Kari only to do my hair, if I wanted to pay for a student assistant to do my hair I would pay a MUCH cheaper price. The assistant started washing my hair and told me that he recently graduated from Aveda and this was his second week in the apprenticeship program at Bouffant, not giving me much confidence in his abilities. My hair is very long and by the time he was done washing and conditioning it, it was twisted into a huge mound of knots that took Kari about 20 minutes to comb out. She apologized profusely and even said that he didn't get all of the product out of my hair and that she may have to wash it again. About 5 minutes into the actual cut, her next appointment walked in, forcing her to rush my cut and the apprentice then had to dry and style my hair. He proceeded to rake through my hair and attempt to curl it. The end product was an awful mess of hairspray and matted curls that didn't last more than the 5 minutes it took me to walk to my car. What should have been an hour long haircut turned into 3 full hours of frustration. As I paid and left I was nearly in tears and the front desk stated someone should have told me that Kari was working with an assistant that day and that they can notate my account that I prefer to not work with an assistant in the future. When I stated that they just lost a client, the snarky front desk girl just chuckled, smiled, and said nothing. After got to my car (which had a parking ticket since my haircut took 3 hours), and calmed down I called to speak to the manager Michelle, who said "Ma'am I really don't know what you want me to do about it." It's disappointing that the stylists have to suffer from losing clients and double bookings due to greedy and rude management.

Description of Work
Women's Haircut

03/29/2012

Michelle M.

Overall it has always been a great experience!

Description of Work
I have been to this salon numerous time. It's my favorite. Karlee is a wonderful hair stylist. She is very professional and has a great personality. I have and will continue to recommend her to my friends! If you go there you will not be disappointed. Be sure and ask for Karlee!

02/24/2011

MARCIA S.

I have a specific hair dresser, named Tiffany, who was at the salon, I used to go previously. She is very good and extremely fun loving. She is very smart and has done some terrific things with my hair. She has colored my hair in the past, too. I like her services and will use the same in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Bouffant Hair Salon for a haircut, in January, 2011.

Hair Salons/Barbers
    Manicures/Nails

Hair design, facial, scrub, body treatment, manicure, body therapy, pedicure, hair cutting, color, perming & styling.