NEWBERG VETERINARY HOSPITAL

Founded 1977 • With Angi since September 2005

3716 E PORTLAND RD

Newberg, OR 97132

Newberg Veterinary Hospital in Newberg, Oregon is a full service animal hospital serving dogs and cats, horses, llamas, alpacas, as well as sheep and goats. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your companion animal. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy animals; early detection and treatment of disease as your companion animal ages; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime. Open 7 days a week and 24hr on call emergency...

02/19/2021

Mary F.

The services the hospital provides are excellent. Because of the help of the veterinarians my senior dog remains in good health. The veterinarians are dedicated to helping solve issues. They explain the issues and provide excellent treatment.

Description of Work
I have both seen the veterinarians and also boarded my dog at the hospital

Category veterinarian,kennels

08/03/2017

John D L.

11/23/2016

Tim L.

They treated him so well there. I can tell they really love animals.

Description of Work
My pet was diagnosed with diabetes

09/12/2016

03/30/2016

Stephanie L.

01/07/2016

JUDY B.

Our experience was fine. I thought their prices were a little high. I felt like they were very friendly and thorough. I would use them again if my own vet wasn't available.

Description of Work
We had one experience with this one major vet on Highway 99 in Newberg and we have been there once I believe. We had a house bunny pet that needed to be put down.

08/12/2015

Beatrice W.

Description of Work
They have taken care of both our dogs. Our older one (near 16), Ladybug, was put down in 2014, and DEAR Tina Johnson has been caring for Kandi, who is suffering severe mobility issues from Canine Cushings, and Tina is doing Acupuncture on her. She is a wonderful veterinarian, and has a great professional staff!! Happy we switched to them.

01/16/2015

Katherine M.

They are very kind to the animals and their grooming is really excellent. The price is reasonable.

Description of Work
We use them for grooming and for the vet. We did grooming for the dog right before Christmas.

Category veterinarian,pet grooming

05/08/2014

Charissa R.

They are really good. The doctors were impeccable.

Description of Work
We had a cat that we brought in to Newberg Veterinarian Hosptial a couple of weeks ago and they pulled his teeth. They charged $400 and that included grooming.

Category veterinarian,pet grooming

04/09/2014

Daniel C.

They have been very accommodating since this is a cat we never chose but the cat chose us. I originally took it in to make sure it was spayed because it was running loose in the neighborhood. She managed to poke her eye one day, it was not only expensive but it had to be terribly painful for her. The vet was very good; she examined her and gave her some medications so she would not be in screaming pain. She said she doesn't have any infections and she said she is willing to try to save the eye by doing a surgery. We said okay, she did it and she did a great job. They took a $100 off the bill, which was nice because they knew it was not something we had chose to own. We have farm animals and they have been very good to come out and deal with those when we have needed it. They do what veterinarians are supposed to do and they are always pleasant and nice. They are very busy but I usually make my appointments. They were late one time and they even apologized saying they were held up at a farm.

Description of Work
They are my vets. I took the cat in for de-worming and de-flea-ing.

08/28/2013

nancy M.

We have been going to the Newberg Veterinary Hospital for over 19 years and would not go anywhere else. Dr. Weber, the other vets and staff have always been helpful and professional. The diagnosis are accurate, the prices are reasonable and they have just completed a renovation of the facility, adding new operating rooms, increasing the size of the waiting area, etc. I would recommend the Newberg Veterinary Clinic ( also treat large farm animals) to everyone and give them an A+++.

Description of Work
Yearly check up, vaccinations.

07/22/2013

Frances H.

We deal with them for all of our pet food needs and other things, so we don't always have a pet going in. I would say they are medium-high in their price range but well worth it. There are some that are cheaper but they're worth the additional charge, definitely. I love their staff. They have multiple doctors so you can always see someone. If you want to see a particular doctor, you can request them and get an appointment with them. They have emergency services. They will come out to your home, if necessary to put an animal to sleep or for large animals. They're a large and small animal practice. They're very knowledgeable, competent, and they communicate well. The office staff carry out the heavy bags of dog food for me. They're great all the way around.

Description of Work
We've used Newberg Veterinary Hospital.

11/28/2012

nancy M.

As mentioned, we have been bringing our dogs there for 18 years and never had an unpleasant experience. Dr. Weber and the other vets and the staff are kind and understanding. We love dogs and highly recommend the Newberg Veterinary Hospital.

Description of Work
We have been bringing our dogs to the Newberg Veterinary Hospital for 18 years and have NEVER had an unpleasant experience. Dr. Weber is excellent and we are never rushed even though I have a lot of questions. We would never bring our dogs to anyone else. The other vets are also excellent and knowledgeable .The prices are reasonable for the services performed and we trust them completely. I recommend them highly.

04/24/2012

Jared W.

It'a a good quality hospital. I never had one problem or complaint about them.

Description of Work
I used to take my dog there for general veterinary care.

10/21/2011

JEFF A.

The online form is asking me how did it go overall: Great. Whether you need to drop in or make an appointment or have them out to your home or farm. It is typical SOP for them to follow up with calls, or if you have an urgent question after hours they will call you right back. They run their business perfectly.

Description of Work
If you need a great vet and care for your pet or animals you couldn't go to a better business. Extremely competent and caring. We have had dealings with Newberg vets for several years and they have never dropped the ball. They take care of our sheep and our dog. We buy all of our medical supplies, food and care products from them. All of the Doctors and staff are just great.

09/10/2011

Dan S.

Excellent care by each of the doctors at this clinic. They do not over prescribe treatment or medicine. As is common for veterinary clinics in farming regions, they care for a wide spectrum of animals, from farm animals to house pets, not just dogs and cats. From experiences in the past, I would say that prices are much more reasonable than most Portland Metro area vets, and the expertise and care of staff at this pet hospital is extraordinarily good.

Description of Work
Today's visit was for vaccination boosters for a recently adopted rescue dog.

08/08/2010

JEFF A.

We have been using Newberg Vet for quite a long time. They are professional, caring and competent.

Description of Work
I brought in our wonderful four legged family member who was feeling under the weather since the previous Saturday. It turned out that she had something that had worked its way into her ear and needed to have it removed. We have had the great experience of only using Newberg Vet service for our sheep and now our dog. They are amazingly competent and caring. I have no doubts about how lucky we have been over the years to have them taking care of all of our animals.

06/13/2010

Nannette V.

Overall, it went great. Minimal trauma for both my cats and me.

Description of Work
I wanted to get my cats declawed. The research I did suggested that the cats should get extra recuperation time after the procedure. I was delighted to discover that Newberg Vet's policy is to keep cats for two days after the day of surgery to make sure that they are recovering well. They also use an anesthetic block on their paws and a mild painkiller so the cats had no discomfort for their stay. When I brought the cats in, I was waited on promptly, and the vet tech told me up-front how much the procedure was going to cost, and gave me the option to not keep the appointment (that's never happened, at other vets I've never known how much a visit would cost until checking out). When I called to find out how the cats were after the surgery, the vert tech answering the phone had the information right there--didn't even put me on hold! And I was even able to come in and see my kitties the day after the surgery, and not while they were in a cage, but in an exam room. Newberg Vet even kept my kitties an extra day to keep them resting and on the pain meds and didn't charge me extra. When I tooked the cats home, the bill was what they quoted--nothing extra. And they followed up with a call the day after I brought the cats home to make sure they were doing well. I was very impressed with the kindness of everyone at Newberg Vet, and the quality of service my cats and I received. Despite the fact that Newberg Vet is pretty far for me to go, I will be back because they were so great. It's clear they care a lot about their animal patients and their patients' owners.

02/08/2008

PAULA D.

They service a variety of animals; they even take care of llamas and horses. They are very, very good. They are very professional and extremely helpful. I think they even do acupuncture as well. I will continue to take my dogs here for care.

Description of Work
They take care of my two dogs. They have taken care of one for at least ten years. I go here every six weeks to get medicine for my dogs and they also go yearly for their check up as well.

09/01/2007

Sheri F.

Newberg Veterinary Hospital and Mark Webber were amazing! They took great care of our pup; spayed, received some xrays (she'd been limping), toenails clipped and more. What amazes me is the quality and sincerity of the organization. Everyone we've worked with has been caring and thoughtful folks. We had to take "Boo" back because her sutures were leaking a bit. Mark rechecked "Boo", gave us some sample cat food for our ailing cat, and supplied antibiotics at no charge.

Description of Work
We have a new newfoundland puppy. While Newberg is a bit far from Portland, we wanted to take her to a vet that had experience with Newfs. (She was our breeder's vet.) Aboo (5 month Newf) went in last week to be spayed.

12/21/2006

ROBERT G.

We go to Newberg Veterinary Hospital with all of our animals (goats, dogs, and cats) and have been extremely happy with them in every situation. Each of the veterinarians are very personable, and have made us feel comfortable and explained things clearly in each appointment. The office staff and technicians are equally special in making each client feel special.

Description of Work
We go to Newberg Veterinary Hospital with all of our animals (goats, dogs, and cats). We had a beloved dog with cancer that had spread, put to sleep one afternoon. Ilona made a very difficult situation easier for us to go through. We have had service with Dr. Johnson, Dr. Webber, and Dr. Fisher for multiple situations over the past 8 years, (i.e., examinations, enucleation, ACL reconstructions times 2, necropsy of a goat, etc.)

10/28/2005

BRENDA C.

WE LOVE THEM! TAKE ALL OUR ANIMALS THERE, AND ALWAYS FEEL WELL-CARED FOR. THEY EXPLAIN ALL THE OPTIONS FOR TREATMENT, AND GIVE YOU AS MANY ALTERNATIVES AS POSSIBLE. VERY COMPASSIONATE AND KIND. ALSO HANDLE LARGE ANIMALS (THEY TREAT MY HORSES), OFFER BOARDING, AND GROOMING. THEY USUALLY FOLLOW UP WITH A PHONE CALL TO MAKE SURE PETS ARE DOING OKAY.

Description of Work
SURGERY FOR DISLOCATED HIP ON DOG.

09/06/2005

WAYNE J.

ALL OF THE DOCTORS AND TECH'S ARE EXPERTS, AND ALWAYS SEEM TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO. THE OFFICE STAFF DO A FANTASTIC JOB. EVERY SINGLE STAFF MEMBER IS COMPASSIONATE AND SENSITIVE. IT'S THE BEST VETERINARY PRACTICE I'VE HAD THE PLEASURE TO USE!

Description of Work
THEY HAVE TREATED 3 OF OUR DOGS AND OUR CAT, AND HAVE ALWAYS DONE A GREAT JOB. THEY'VE DONE SURGERIES, CARED FOR TERMINAL ILLNESS, TREATED MINOR INFECTIONS, AND GROOMED OUR COCKER SPANIELS.