JULIE'S TRAVEL DESK

Founded 1965 • With Angi since October 2006

601 1st St

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

(Julie's) Travel & Cruise Desk is based in Lake Oswego, Oregon. We understand that every travel experience and client is unique. For almost 50 years our agency has offered services and products that add value, enhance experiences and provide support to each trip our clients take with us. With over 280 years of combined experience in travel planning, our 12 destination specialists are among the most experienced in the industry. Whether you need to add a car rental to an existing booking or just have an idea of a possible destination in mind, Julie's Travel is here to help you with all of your leisure and business travel needs....

04/20/2016

Tim T.

Outstanding across all services arranged!

Description of Work
Jamie Anderson arranged flights, car rental, resort and many day trips for Maui visit.

12/06/2013

Ginny C.

Only one contact with no call back. I made my own travel plans without help from this agency.

Category travel agency

Greeting [Member Name Removed], Firstly, let me apologize - this response is far too long over due. Unfortunately, although I monitor reviews from across the web, I was unaware of this review forum and your experience until I recently logged in with a new business user account. I am sorry that you had a bad experience the last time you attempted enlist our assistance with your travel plans. Last year marked our 50th year in business, which was a milestone that could only be achieved by listening to client feedback, addressing any concerns head on to maintain a good reputation within the community. Although this is a very delayed response, I wanted to let you know that your feedback was heard. Obviously, I do not have any specifics of who you dealt with in 2013 or any idea of why we failed to call you back. If you would ever consider allowing us to assist you with any future travel. We would love to have the opportunity to make amends for this failure My name is Jamie Anderson and I will personally be keeping track of the review activity here on Angies List, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at jamie@juliestravel.com. Thank you, Jamie

10/08/2012

Beverly C.

Excellent. We have a great time, and enjoy every minute!

Description of Work
This was a trip we took in Europe. Starting out in London, ending up in Scotland. She found the best costs, places to stay, and many suggestions of things to do while we were in London; tours, and "must see'! We had arrangements in Scotland already, We were glad to take her suggestion to travel by train when our London leg was done up to Endinburgh- was terrific. It is so good to have someone you can call, 'back in the U.S." if you need an answer or have a problem. I would not take a trip without Linda's expertise!

10/03/2006

AMY C.

Melinda really took her time to find me flights at reasonable hours and found nonstop flights that I wasn't able to find myself. She arranged a seamless trip that made our travels much easier. The flights themselves didn't cost much more that what I'd found online, which was a pleasant surprise. My only complaints are small ones: She didn't arrange all our seats, so we weren't able to sit together on all the flights. This may well have not been her fault; two of the flights were on Northwest airplanes but ticketed through another airline, it's possible they wouldn't allow her to select seats for us. She didn't inform me of the agency's ticketing fee we'd have tacked onto our bill. I naively assumed the airlines were still paying the agents, which I guess they no longer do. So the fees weren't astronomical and I'd have paid them willingly, I just wish she'd have spelled that out. Overall, I was very pleased and appreciated her time and efforts.

Description of Work
Arranged cross-country air travel for four people, itinerary to include two consecutive destinations and one person returning on a different date. Melinda was very helpful in arranging travel to visit two cities in succession, then back home to Portland. My husband had to return earlier so needed a separate return flight but I wanted him to be able to accompany us on the rest of the flights. I'd tried arranging this myself online but gave up after many hours at the computer and still only finding badly timed, multi-stop flights; in one case all the information I'd entered was rejected and I was told the flights suddenly weren't available unless I paid a few hundred dollars more! Ticketing fees were $110 total.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Travel Agencies
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal

Our travel agency based in Lake Oswego, Oregon provides upscale booking and travel experiences to our valued leisure and business clients and those seeking the very best for their once-a-lifetime special occasion.