GRIMMS SERVICE

Founded 1929 • With Angi since June 2005

Family owned and opperated business that believes in honest relationships with our customers....

08/27/2022

J R.

Grimms is my go to, hands down! I've had less than favorable experiences elsewhere. Not to say there aren't other great auto service businesses. For me, I highly recommend Grimms Auto Service in Lake Oswego, Oregon for experienced, knowledgeable and excellent customer service! Grimms has provided reliable minor and major repair work on my 20+yr vehicle, as needed. Given the mileage, parts wear out, and Grimms is there to help me keep it in tip top driving condition!

Description of Work
Headlamp bulbs replaced

Work Completed On 08/27/2022

06/04/2018

Dawn A.

They were wonderful and so helpful. Able to be seen within a few minutes and they had the parts by the afternoon. Service was excellent! Friendly, courteous, fast, knowledgeable. Will be bringing all of my car service needs here in the future.

Description of Work
Undershield replacement, and an oil change.

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

06/19/2017

Brian B.

I've used Grimm's three times for different car repair jobs prior to this one (transmission, alternator, and brake pads). As always the work is professional and well communicated. They have always been a quick turnaround, although sometimes the price may be a little high. I've had no issues with their repairs and will always use trust them in the future.

Description of Work
The Power Steering fluid was leaking, and Grimm's was able to replace a hose make the repair.

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

12/20/2016

Mary Ann M.

Great. Done in a timely fashion and they took car for reinspection

Description of Work
Catalytic converter replaced and car readied to pass emissions control test

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

09/01/2016

Tracy G.

The motor cars they have are probably 5 or 30 years old. I like Grimms because it's close and their prices are immensely less than the dealership. They'll fill your with air if you need it and they also have a gas station there. Their loaner cars need to be up dated.

Description of Work
I go there for oil changes and maintenance.

Work Completed On 01/15/2012

09/17/2015

Colleen C.

These guys are absolutely trustworthy and excellent mechanics. Their prices are reasonable and they do not overcharge for things that do not need to be done.They are the best.

Description of Work
Fixed a broken heater hose

Work Completed On 09/17/2015

01/26/2015

Lee P.

Took a 2007 Toyota Matrix for in a 5k service plus the other items listed in the summary. I had made an appointment to have the work done at a time I could bring it in and wait for it to be completed. Grimm's did the work in an hour or so and began the work soon after I brought the car to them. As is usual with this Vendor, the work was done in a timely manner and they did an excellent job. Thank You.

Description of Work
1. Lube & Oil Change (5k service) 2. Replace air filter 3. Replace front wiper blades 4. Replace left low-beam headlight bulb

Work Completed On 01/09/2015

01/17/2015

Thomas C.

Courteous, competent, considerate, caring. An exceptional auto service company. Found my front brakes were very worn Repairs done on time and for a reasonable cost

Description of Work
Diagnose warning light and check out Honda Odyssey for any other issues

Work Completed On 01/16/2015

12/15/2014

Lee P.

The check engine light came on in my daughters 2001 RAV4 and stayed on. Called Grimm's for an appointment to have the problem diagnosed and corrected. They determined that the Oxygen Sensor had failed and needed to be replaced. While they had the car they noted that the vehicle was due for a lube job, and, as they had told me at the last lube job, the front brakes were getting thin and would probably need replacing by the next lube job. (I don't see that car too often so the miles had gotten away from me.) As Mark pointed out in our discussion about the work to be done, the pads were thin then and had only gotten thinner since. So, we had all the work done, plus swapping out three keyed wheel locks. Used Grimm's loaner car while the work was being done. As always, the vehicle came back correctly repaired and is now running just fine. Grimm's does excellent work. Thanks, Mark.

Description of Work
1. Check engine light on, diagnose and repair. 2. Front disc brake reline. 3. Lube, oil and filter change.

Work Completed On 11/20/2014

09/29/2014

Ronald W.

Easily made an appointment Grimms called to relate parts needed, indicated the final cost and asked for approval to proceed The work was done quickly Grimms showed us the old parts that were replaced The car is running great!

Description of Work
Tuned-up our 1999 Camry

Work Completed On 07/30/2014

07/23/2014

Lee P.

We were taking this vehicle out of town for a long weekend and had Grimm's give the car a trip-check. My daughter told me that the A/C apparently was not working properly so I had Grimm's take a look as part of the inspection process. Sure enough, there was a problem. This was on a Tuesday and we needed the car on Saturday. After sitting on the dime a little, we gave Grimm's the OK to go with the repair. They had the car two days and had it all buttoned up by Friday. It turned out to be a good trip and we were very glad the air was working. And it is working still and I expect it will continue to be working. Grimm's requested that I bring the car back in two weeks so they could check to see how the unit was doing and how the various connections were holding up. All was well.

Description of Work
Replaced air compressor assembly and related A/C service on a 2001 Toyota RAV4

Work Completed On 06/06/2014

07/16/2014

Frank H.

I only go to Grimms for half my petrol needs. I have a few vehicles that don't like the alcohol in most gas so for them I have to go to a different station. Sometimes it can be up to a month or more before I end up getting petrol at Grimms. During that time I may drop in to get air in the tires with one of my vehicles or sometimes my wife's or daughter cars. I get the same friendly, competent help, no questions about whether or not I'm a customer.

Description of Work
filled my car, put air in my tires. They provide free air and water to all who come. They also loaned my a portable battery to jump start my boat. Last fall they replaced the battery in my car and I expirenced the same great service.

Work Completed On 07/09/2014

06/10/2014

Donna C.

It went very well. Grimms arranged for the use of a loaner car, my vehicle was serviced in a very timely manner, and the work are always dependable.

Description of Work
Scheduled service

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

05/24/2014

William M.

I have used Grimms for auto service and repair for over 20 years, This job was typical. Estimate was given before job was done, Final pr ice was as quoted. Repairs were completed when promised. Job was done professionally with no issues. This is an honest shop they only do repairs that are necessary and can be relied upon for good advice and diagnosis of problems.

Description of Work
Replaced upper ball joints plus front disk brake job.

Cost $848.84

Work Completed On 04/04/2014

05/07/2014

NANCY K.

Always good. Never had any issues.

Description of Work
We use Grimms for all of our vehicles and can not say enough good words about about them. Always honest with good advice and great staff.

Work Completed On 04/10/2014

02/04/2014

kim B.

My daughter was moving to Phoenix, AZ and I asked them to look over the car for any potential problems. I feel a sense of relief that her car will be in good shape since we are so far away from her. Mark and his crew have been around a long time and I have been happy with their work.

Description of Work
They found a major problem and they repaired the parts.

Work Completed On 06/22/2013

12/15/2013

Anne B.

We have used Grimm's Auto Service for at least 15 years for all of our cars, for regular service and repairs. We are excellent and we trust them with our Prius down to our 28 year old Camry. They are honest and fair and reasonable.

Description of Work
I USED GRIMMS SERVICE.

Work Completed On 07/12/2013

09/13/2013

Lee P.

I delivered the car about 7:30 am, picked up a loaner, and Grimm's had the work done by about 10:30 am. Everything went well and the headlamp asemblies are working just fine. They are after-market items that i supplied. Grimm's do good work at a reasonable price. This car, a 1997 Toyota Camery owned by my daughter, was seen by Grimm's some time ago and it needed attention. It has over 200K miles on the speedo but it is a good rig. Grimm's assessed the car and recommended repair needs. That job was a bit spendy, it did need work, but Grimm's put it back on the road where it remains today. It is a good old car and we hope it will keep on running, with Grimm's assistance when needed, untill such time as my daughter can afford a new car. So far, so good.

Description of Work
Replaced front headlamp assemblies and re-wire pass. side headlamp pig tail.

Work Completed On 09/10/2013

02/16/2012

KaRene M.

They are priced reasonably. They help you walk through the choices you have when needing service. They explain things. The staff is very friendly.

Description of Work
They are very responsive. The service is very prompt.

Work Completed On 10/20/2011

02/05/2011

KaRene M.

It went well. It was a little cheaper and it ended up happening much faster than they had estimated. They were able to do it more quickly for a little less money. My car runs and I don't know much about cars. They did a good job and it took less time and it was a little under budget. I did not do price checking.

Description of Work
I used Grimms Service to put in a transmission.

Category auto repair, transmission repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2011

12/08/2010

REBECCA D.

We would use them again. They were fast, friendly, efficient, thorough, greeted us with a smile, and did the work.

Description of Work
We have used Grimms Service. The last time I used them, they did some auto repairs on my truck.

Work Completed On 06/15/2010

01/20/2010

Linda P.

It went really well. They gave me a good thorough check and a report. The owner Mark, took the time to talk to me about the brand. Mark was very good about working with me on my schedule.

Description of Work
They checked out a used car that I ended up buying.

Work Completed On 01/13/2010

02/25/2009

Stewart H.

The job was done quickly. The brakes work fine now. By all accounts it was a smooth experience.

Description of Work
We took our car to Grimm's Auto to work on our brakes.