Elite Cleaners

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2010

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
Dry Cleaning

Also dba: Guthrie's Alterations, Susan Guthrie...

06/06/2013

I have been going to this business for over 10 years. It changed owners a few years ago and Susan has helped organize the cleaners and added the seamstress options. She is great! I think the address is the old location. She is now located in downtown Independence across the street from 2EZ and the bakery.

Description of Work
Susan has my shirts laundered and pressed weekly. The laundry goes out on Tuesdays and comes back on Fridays. Or, laundry that goes out on Fridays comes back on Tuesdays. But her business is largely based on her decades of experience as a seamstress. I bring my pants to her to be hemmed but I know people in the community bring her anything that needs the expertise of a seamstress.

Category dry cleaning,alterations

01/29/2011

Sewing and Alterations: Susan is a real professional craftswoman. Her work is skilled, prompt, and meticulous. She understands fabric from years of experience. She's very able and willing to adjust or design patterns for my needs and communicates clearly and cheerfully. All the alterations were well done, and the curtains look beautiful, just as precise on the back as on the front. Fine hand-laundry: Last Christmas, after listening to me complain about commercial laundries, Susan suggested she hand-launder my grandmother's damask linen tablecloth herself. What a difference! Just the right amount of starch so that the fabric remained soft, no creases, no overlooked stains, napkins with square corners. Needless to say Susan is hand laundering the tablecloth this year. If you need museum quality work for family heirlooms, there is no need to ship items to a French laundry in New York. We have the same fine quality workmanship right here in Oregon. Note: Susan Guthrie is conveniently located at Elite Cleaners, near the City Hall in Monmouth. She also sews for weddings and proms. Her motto is: "Professional Individualized Service."

Description of Work
Elite Cleaners, and thus Susan's Monmouth location, is no longer in business. Alterations: Over the last four years, Susan Guthrie has done many alterations for me. Sewing: She has sewn velvet draperies for my living and dining room; she is currently making pillows from hand embroidered material. Fine hand-laundry:. She has washed and ironed the annual Christmas tablecloth, my grandmother's from about 1910, and is working on a collection of similar family linens. (Fine laundry seems to be a lost art. I will try again to get the category added to the Angie list)

Category alterations

10/13/2010

Dropped off two shirts for wash and press. When returned wrong shirts were delivered.

Description of Work
Wash and press two shirts.

Category dry cleaning

08/02/2010

Susan Guthrie took four pairs of too-short velvet curtains, spaced and sewed rings, let out hems and covered with crease with soutache braid, then added 6" from an additional curtains and covered the seam with braid. The braid and the interior lining look completely professional, the curtains hang exactly straight, and I have new curtains for two front rooms very inexpensively. She a problem solver, and a perfectionist, and a very skilled seamstress. Cheerful, too. What a combination!

Description of Work
I have used this cleaner for about 20 years, always professional, skilled, and careful with old-fashioned service. I have used Susan Guthrie's excellent services for minor alterations several times, and once on a major drapery project two years ago.

Category dry cleaning,alterations