Midas - Bend

With Angi since August 2010

3575 US 97 N

Bend, OR 97701

Additional DBAs - Midas Customer Relations, Uni-Systems Inc, Midas Inc, Midas Auto Experts-Itasca, Midas International Cor. Cost is determined by the job....

04/16/2015

David P W.

05/07/2013

Marc J.

The original muffler had failed, so we called around until we found a shop that could look at the vehicle in a timely manner. Midas indicated that they could see us right away. By the time we got there, the wait time we were quoted on the phone, but we had 2 cars so we left the vehicle with them for an estimate. The staff were not entirely professional, but we decided that Midas should be qualified to work on exhaust systems, even if they didn't have great interpersonal skills. When we got back wetalked to a different person - who indicated he was the owner - he was much more professional. He was trying to steer us toward a more expensive muffler with a longer warranty, but I noticed that the work they intended to do would cut off the original exhaust fittings, making it impossible to use an OEM muffler in the future. When I pressed the owner about just welding the break in the original muffler, he agreed to do it for $30 with no warranty. Since our vehicle was a 1998, I decided to take the $30 repair instead of the $300 new muffler. This would also preserve the option of buying an OEM replacement if we wanted to in the future. The work was done quickly, but the welds were pretty sloppy (I have done welding in the past). However, the vehicle is back to the original level of quiet, and we were out the door for $30 with no other hidden costs or fees. I feel like the work done was worth $30. I would be willing to give them another try, but I would expect higher quaity welds if I paid more

Description of Work
They repaired a broken attachement of the exhaust pipe right where it enters the original muffler.

11/12/2012

Belinda H.

Liers not mechanic's~~Horrible service tried intimidation..Lies to BBB about our interaction..NEVER recommend..Terrible interaction~~

Description of Work
Was to check my air conditioning and replace my brakes.The air they just added freon and charged me 100.00 worked for one day~~The brakes they had put on wrong. I took the car back 3 times as it squealed so load I got peoples attention when I drove by.They said they could not figure out what I was hearing said they just couldn't hear it.I took the office guy for a drive so he could hear it~~Finally heard it?? They said they would have to redo the brakes need my car overnight..Picked it up the next day still screaming and not working right . Took it another brake repair and he looked at them laughed said the were on all wrong..The springs were strung up and around all wrong.I reported them to the Better Business Bureau they TOTALLY lied. Would never recommend them to anyone..Have heard lots of horrible stories from their actions..Just sad what they do ~~~~

08/07/2012

Jinger C.

They are great and we really like them. We deal with Raul. He is super honest and very knowledgeable. He serviced our son's wheelchair van. He took his time to figure out what was wrong with the van. He took the whole thing apart to see where the wired was severed. They are really good people. They do their best to get stuff done.

Description of Work
I took my car to Midas for maintenance.

01/04/2012

Jinger C.

Great service. Very honest and they make an effort to save the customer money.

Description of Work
Replaced a part on the front end of my honda

Auto Service
    Auto Glass
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Towing
    Auto Tires

Auto brake system, shaft, engine tune-up, exhaust, heating and cooling, ignition, fuel, muffler, radiator, transmission, wiper blade, maintenance, starting, charging, state inspection, suspension, tire, towing, trailer hitch & wheel alignment.