Honest-1 Auto Care Beaverton

Founded 2013 • With Angi since August 2013

4.3

20745 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy

Beaverton, OR 97006

Honest-1 is the nation's only Eco-Friendly Auto Care chain. We offer a full range of automotive service and repairs. Along with providing the best service, Honest-1 wants to ensure our customers are thoroughly educated on the systems and services necessary to keep their vehicles in the best running condition possible. If you have had your car serviced at Honest-1 Auto Care please fill out our customer survey. Select an individual service to find more information about the service and how these services affect your vehicle's maintenance and the impact they have on our environment....

08/16/2017

STEVE B.

It went well. Joshua was professional and courteous. Tech was courteous, offered to check the oil level was correct.

Description of Work
Oil change

Category auto repair

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to providing you with excellent service on your next visit.

02/16/2017

Leah J. S.

The service was great, friendly crew , it has small waiting room but good enough to keep you entertain and drinks (soda, coffee & water bottles) and their bathroom is awesome clean (hahahaha, i really like clean bathroom that smells like my own bathroom) I hope that was not exaggerated....!

Description of Work
Excellent service, I take my 2 vehicle on this shop (2013 Rav4 and 2000 Dodge Stratus) for oil change and repair. Great friendly crew!

01/25/2017

Julie M.

They were friendly. It was a reasonable quote, but we didn't take it because he isn't ready to do the service right now.

Description of Work
My son contacted them regarding a repair for his vehicle. It was for a transmission repair and basic maintenance on his older truck.

Category transmission repair

10/25/2016

Allan B.

DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOP. it's a waste of time and money. I just wasted $115 due to the incompetence of this shop. I brought my truck to this shop due to a service engine light issue (evaporative emmission issue). The first time I went there, they released my truck and the following day, the light went back. I brought it back the 2nd time, they said my gas cap was the issue, after they changed it, the following day, the light is back. I brought it back the 3rd time, after being in their shop the whole day on a Monday, they called me at 4 pm saying they don't have the equipment needed to check my car's issue and re=scheduled my truck on SATURDAY. I finally made the right decision to bring my truck to Chevy dealership in Beaverton and they fixed the issue in 1.5 hours. I could have saved a lot of time and money if I went straight to the dealership instead of attempting to save money that back fired horribly due to HONEST1's incompetence. AVOID THIS SHOP LIKE A PLAGUE.

Description of Work
Service Engine Light issue (Evaporative system)

05/09/2015

Devin C.

Sat 4/25 I arrived at the shop and left the car. I had already purchased the brake pads and ask if they would put them on. Told the manager if he did not like the pads they could use their own. He said they were fine but, there would be no warranty on the pads. They installed pads on the front as the back brakes were fine and only needed adjustment. I arrive home to brakes dragging and squeaking badly. I decide to drive it for a week to see if it improves. It only gets worse. 5/2 Arrive at the shop and describe that the brakes are squeaking badly both when applied and when just driving down the road. They agree they are squeaking and will correct the problem. I talk to the mechanic when I pick up car and he stated there were some sharp edges they needed to grind off the pad but, they are installed correctly. I pick up the car and get it home and the brakes are just as bad as before. I let the car sit in the driveway afraid to drive it. I have an appointment with the Nissan dealer for an oil change and will have them check the brakes. 5/8 Arrive at the dealer and they state the front pads are missing the shim kit and the brakes are sitting in there loose. That is why they are squeaking badly. The pads are wearing unevenly since they are not secure. I basically pay the cost to have the brakes re-done and they are fine. Totally quiet and stop well. 5/9 Show up to discuss with the manager. He makes a token refund for some of the labor. He stated is was my fault since I brought in the parts. Does not remember I said to use his parts if there is any doubt. It is troubling that they would let a customer leave when the brakes sounds like it needs a brake job. Brakes are important to the car and I commute in traffic every day. I did not trust these brakes to stop me properly. ------------------- Side note. on 5/2 another woman was in the shop stating she paid $1100.00 for a tune-up and they car died two blocks away. They were back for round two. My recommendation is stay far far away from this place

Description of Work
Took a 2007 Nissan Versa in for brakes. Also did a break fluid flush and transmission flush.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

01/02/2015

DENIS J.

. We took our truck to the dealer today January 2, 2015 to find out why the check engine light was still on. They charged $150.00 to find the problem that this shop should of found the first time we had to take it back. I took the work slip from the dealer back to this shop to show them. I talked to the manager and found out that a non-certified mechanic had done the repairs on our truck. This mechanic had installed an important part upside down and backwards. Why didn't their code reader identify this improperly installed part when the dealer could find it? All they would say is you should of brought it back. Why would I want to bring it back when they told me they could find no problems with their code reader and they didn't know why the light was still on. The manager made no offers of partial refunds, or credit for future repairs. When I told him that Angie's list had contacted us about another repair that we did with them, he acted like he could care less. Guess we won't be doing business with them any more.

Description of Work
Provider was to find out why check engine light was on. They replaced parts and did diagnostics. The light came back on the next day and we took it back a day later. (The previous shop that they replaced had also done the same kind of diagnostics and parts replacement). They again did more diagnostics on it and gave it back to us. They said their equipment showed no codes were wrong. The light was still on. After a year of the light being on, we took the truck to the dealer. The dealer said that they installed a solenoid upside down and backwards. This caused the light to stay on.

12/05/2014

John H.

Josh was a great help in helping me diagnose some brake vibrations occurring in my rear drums. The workers actually showed me the problems, explained my options and talked about price differences. This was about a year ago. Since then I've had to them handle several more issues that have popped up between my car and my wife's, happy with their work and pricing in each instance. They've also been excellent at working me in for my maintenance items without having to schedule an appointment!

Description of Work
Multiple repairs and maintenance items

09/10/2014

DENIS J.

They told me what the issue was and what it would cost. I thought it was a little expensive. There was a part they were going to replace and they showed be the cost, and I had already looked it up. They were going to charge 2.5 times what I knew the cost to be. They said they were unaware of the other parts place where I found the part at a lower price.They said they would look into it. I thought the mark up on parts was excessive.They were trying to find out why our check engine light kept coming on. They identified a few parts, and gave us an estimate on parts and labor that I thought was kind of high. The second time I took it in, the light went off, and then came back on, so the problem is not fixed at so far.

Description of Work
Very professional, they get the stuff pretty much done on time. There was an issue with our truck that has not been resolved even after bringing it in two times. I think they have changed ownership at the time, and the new owner has said to bring it in, and I'll take care of it, whatever it is we'll fix it. I just have not had the time. Just from what I've experienced with them, they have been really polite, and done what they said they would do.

07/14/2014

E H.

The brakes were checked for free and they were able to resurface my front brakes to get a bit more life out of them. My rear drums were adjusted to perform properly, finally I can trust my e-brake when I park. I love that they weren't trying to upsell me and tell me I needed all new parts. When the time comes to redo my brakes, there's no question I'll be coming here to have the work done. The most amazing part is that they were able to fit me in without an appointment. I had a random break in my day and they were able to fit me in!

Description of Work
They were advertising a free brake inspection. I had done my rear drums through a separate shop four months previous with very little satisfaction. My front brakes were starting to get shaky and I wanted to go to a shop that could be trusted.

02/09/2014

Teri O.

The worker at Honest One told me and SHOWED me that the plug still worked, did not leak (although the dealership had put in an over-sized plug), and that the dent was not at all significant. They did agree with the dealership that I needed a new gasket seal and also showed me why. Again they took me under the car and pointed out the evidence that the seal was indeed leaking. They did the work for less than the dealership would have cost and let me know what other work would need to be done, in the near future, to keep my 1998 Camry running nicely. I would definately recommend them. They were very helpful and friendly! (and I am a woman!)

Description of Work
I first took my car in to have an oil change. I have always had oil changes done by the dealership (it was a Toyota certified used car and the oil changer were free) but the dealership told me on the last oil change that I would need a new oil pan due to the plug now being stripped and the pan had a significant dent. They did not take ownership of stripping the plug even though they have been the only people to work on the car!!!!

Aatco Transmission & Transaxle

Tim's AATCO Transmission & Transaxle is a transmission repair shop in Beaverton, Oregon. Tim from AATCO would like to thank you for checking out our company. We've been serving the area for over 20 years and most of our client base is made of referrals and return customers. Our mechanics specialize in automatic and manual transmissions and transfer cases. We also repair or replace clutches, u-joints and drive axles. Our shop is spread out over about 8,500 sq. ft. with over 100 re-built transmissions in stock! We can also take care of your transfer case and differential maintenance. We service all makes and models of cars, trucks, RV's and 4x4s. We specialize in: Inspections and analysis, Calibrations, Drivability evaluations, Rebuilding, Reconditioning, Scheduled maintenance, Towing We are committed to providing you with excellent services, and we take our clients' opinion to heart when we perform our repairs. In fact, our customers have given great feedback to us, which has helped us develop our auto repair services over the years. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Our technicians are ASE certified. Ask about our nationwide warranties. Call AATCO Transmission & Transaxle today for a phone quote or to discuss your auto repair needs!

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Towing
    Auto Tires
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Full service auto care. Maintenance and repair for all makes and models of cars and light trucks.

Auto Body Repair