THOMPSON DIESEL

Founded 1970 • With Angi since June 2010

5700 SW 5TH ST

Oklahoma City, OK 73128

Fuel Injection Pumps, Injectors and Turbochargers parts and repair service for all diesel engines. Light duty diesel truck repair on Ford, GM, & Dodge trucks. Thompson Diesel is a memeber of the Association of Diesel Specialists. Let an expert repair your truck that understands diesel engines. Family owned and operated since 1970. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover. M-F 8-5...

04/23/2015

Jeffery F.

Description of Work
Overhauled diesel fuel pump for Massey Ferguson tractor.

07/10/2014

Yvonne F.

10/17/2011

William O.

The are very confident. The price was reasonable. The wait time was too long for me as I needed to get the work done quickly. They are friendly.

Description of Work
I used THOMPSON DIESEL to get a quote for auto repair work.

Category auto repair

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a comment on Angie's List. Please keep us in mind for any future business we can help you with. Focused on what we do best! Fuel injection and Turbochargers. Sincerely, Everett Stacy

04/23/2011

Lyndon K.

On Monday, 4/18/11, I went to Thompson Diesel for an analysis of my fuel system. My vehicle is a 2002 GMC 2500 HD with a Duramax LB7 diesel motor. I've had power issues for some time with this pickup. I had already added aftermarket performance enhancements and replaced the fuel injectors, but there were still problems that I felt were related to fuel pump performance. Thompson Diesel's analysis indicated a fuel return rate over 3X what it should be; meaning fuel was being pumped from the fuel tank to the high pressure pump, which in turn feeds fuel to the fuel rails and then to the fuel injectors, but instead of entering the high pressure pump, it was being returned to the fuel tank as 'excess'. Thompson Diesel felt this indicated either a bad return valve, or a bad fuel metering control unit. Both are mounted on the high pressure pump body. They indicated that parts could be in from Houston by Wednesday, 4/20/11, and the work could be done the next day on the 21st. Unfortunately, parts arrived a day late and so the work got pushed back to Friday, 4/22/11. After doing the work to get to the high pressure pump, they discovered that the high pressure pump would have to be removed to get to the fuel metering control unit. This turned out to be much more work than they had anticipated. They called me and gave me the option of replacing the entire high pressure pump with a remanufactured pump, complete with the 2 suspect parts we originally intended to replace. This actually made a lot of sense. This pump, like everything else on the vehicle, is 9 years old with 194,000 miles on it. Had the 2 replacement parts not fixed the problem, it would mean going back in again to get to the high pressure pump, since its the only thing left in the system that hasn't been addressed yet. They further offered to knock $70 off the price of the high pressure pump, and to keep the original 3.5 to 4.0 hour estimate on the job, instead of the actual 10+ hours they ended up spending on the problem. This was too good a deal to pass up. Furthermore, all 4 people involved (the owner, 2 mechanics, and the parts counter salesman) stayed over on a Friday night until 10:30pm to get my vehicle back together and re-analyzed. They close at 5pm, and don't open on the weekend. They knew I needed my truck for work next week and I could not afford any delay. Yes, it cost more than the original estimate. Yes, it took longer than anyone anticipated. However, I also got more than I originally planned, and I got it for a bargain. And they went to extraordinary lengths to make sure I was ready to roll. I will definitely take all my future diesel business to this shop. Early indications are that this work has completely resolved my power issues. The pickup is functioning as expected, and I look forward to my next trip out to work pulling my RV.

Description of Work
Analysis of fuel system, replacement of parts.

Category auto repair

Dear Member, Thank you for posting your compliments on Angie's List. Thompson Diesel strives to make our customers completely satisfied with our work, and it is always nice to hear positive feed back. I am glad we were able to fix the problems you were having with your diesel truck. Thompson Diesel is a family owned and operated business and we understand the importance of customer satisfaction. We hope you spread the word about Thompson Diesel, and let us know if we can be of future service. Thank you again.
    Auto Service
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Parts and Service on all diesel pumps, injectors and turbochargers. Factory Authorized by Stanadyne, Bosch, Ambac, Zexel, Yanmar, Garrett, Holset and Borg Warner. Light duty truck fuel injection and turbocharger repair. Diagnostics available.

Engine block and transmission