Koch, Dr. Joel R.

Founded 1980 • With Angi since October 2008

9655 Cincinnati Columbus Rd.

West Chester, OH 45241

At the office of Joel R. Koch, DDS you can expect to be treated like family. Dr. Koch and his team are committed to patient comfort and offer many amenities such to improve the overall experience. With patients in mind, the office is open on Saturday's, emergency appointments are welcomed, and there are various financing plans available. To schedule your appointment please call us at (513) 779-2200....

10/28/2019

Jim K.

Dr. Koch and his team are always on the top of their game. All are very professional and genuinely happy to see you. Dr. Koch simply delivers perfection. His team has worked with him since I started seeing him 21 years ago.

Description of Work
General Dentistry

11/26/2015

Steven C.

Dr. Koch and his assistant were excellent, communicating details the whole way through. The first step was an X-ray, and they use the digital X-rays which are faster and easier to manage than the older film-based variety, and the quick digital imaging allowed Dr. Koch to show me the specifics of my problem (it was indeed a badly abccessed front tooth) and described the complications associated with my case. I believe because it was not a straightforward root canal, Dr. Koch preferred to refer me to an endodontist (Dr. Yonchak, who was also excellent). His staff immediately called the endodontist's office and let me speak to the receptionist there to schedule an appointment that day (it was already 1pm on Tuesday). As it happened, the earliest I could see the endodontist was Wednesday around noon (the day before Thanksgiving). That was good enough for me because I couldn't stand the increasing pain over the long Thanksgiving weekend! After helping arrange the appointment for me, Dr. Koch's staff emailed a copy of my X-rays and his assessment to the endodontist's office. Dr. Koch gave me an Rx for an antibiotic to help fight the infection, and instructions on how to manage the pain until my visit to the endondist the following day. Long story short, the next day I saw the endodontist and had the root canal (yay?). I could not be more please with Dr. Joel R Koch, his assistants and office staff. Very helpful, very friendly and very good at explaining the details along the way. I believe I have found my new dentist, and that's an awesome by-product of this unpleasant tooth problem.

Description of Work
(Background: my prior dentist had retired, and I put off finding a new dentist, too long as it turns out.) I developed an intense pain in a front tooth; pain which I was confident was the result of an abccess or worse. I searched Angie's List for potentially quality dentists nearby (I live in Sharonville, OH). The top-rated dentist I found nearby was very close (1.5 miles) and I called immediately (which was Monday of this week; Thanksgiving week). I hoped I could at least get seen and diagnosed before the upcoming (and way too-long with the pain) weekend. The receptionist was very helpful and understanding, and I was able to secure an appointment on Tuesday.

02/15/2015

Duane S.

Dr. Koch and his team are the best will ever find!

10/06/2014

Steve P.

He doesn't find any cavities so he's keeping my teeth clean!

Description of Work
This is my dentist. I've been seeing him for 20 years.

10/01/2014

Tim S.

He is a really laid back doctor. The staff is good and gentle. They did a really good job.

Description of Work
I went for a cleaning.

07/15/2014

Brian B.

I have seen him for probably 10 years. He is a good dentist. The staff is very friendly and he does good work. I have teeth problems.

Description of Work
I saw him for a check up.

02/16/2014

Hector A.

It went well. The staff is friendly and the office is always clean. They take their time and make sure you understand their recommendations. The doctor is very professional and caring. Both my husband and I have decided to make them our dental office for all needs. I'm not sure they are completely covered by my insurance so I find that I do have to pay more than my co-workers when they go to the dentist. However, the quality of the care is worth it and now that I've found them, I do not want to change providers.

Description of Work
Went to my cleaning.

07/22/2013

Daniel M.

Dr. Koch and his staff were extremely professional and thorough. He spent considerable time with me and made me feel confident that he knew what he was doing. Superb job bonding my chipped tooth. Excellent communication during the procedure and zero pain at any time. Staff was very friendly. Great experience all the way around.

Description of Work
New patient exam and bonding of a chipped tooth

05/09/2013

Diana S.

Awesome in handling patients. His rapore and care is amazing. Does amazing work and is always available. Husband called after hours once and was expecting to go to the hospital. It was 1:30 am on a Sunday. Needed to be seen due to pain. Dr. Koch met him at the dentist office to handle his need. Didn't charge any extra for the visit. If you have any work done that day such a root canal he will call you personally that evening to ask how you are doing.

Description of Work
General Dentistry

05/02/2013

Robin B.

Dr. Joel R. Koch is wonderful. He doesn't do things before they are needed. I trust him 100% that he is going to do a good job, and only do what is needed. He does a fantastic job, he is great. I can't say enough good about him. His staff is wonderful too.

Description of Work
Dr. Joel R. Koch is my Dentist.