Crossroads Animal Hospital Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2004

12977 Pearl Rd

Strongsville, OH 44136

Owning a pet is about so much more than just sharing your home with an animal. It’s about friendship, camaraderie, loyalty and unconditional love. It’s about putting another creature’s needs before your own; opening your heart and baring your soul. It’s about communicating without words, but with a pat of the head, a scratch behind the ear, a wag of the tail or that deep, throaty purr. If you’re new to the Strongsville, OH area, recently welcomed a new four-legged member to your family or are just searching for an experienced vet that will provide you and your loved one with the respect and compassion you both deserve, we invite you to come by and give us a try....

01/09/2021

Marsha L.

Everything went well. All of the staff there are excellent and it has been reassuring to have them available during the pandemic. Thank you everyone.

Description of Work
Veterinary care for a cat

05/12/2018

FRED E.

Got everything needed.

Description of Work
Dog checkup and shots.

08/19/2017

RON Z.

The price was a little high. They make me feel that my animals which is my family is actually part of their family too. I've been going there since 1980.

Description of Work
I took my two dogs in for surgery.

07/24/2017

GERALD A.

We've been using them for 20 years.

Description of Work
I use them for veterinary services.

06/24/2017

LINDA & MARIO C.

It was $338 just for surgery. We had an adult dog we were taking there. We have been going there for approximately seven years. Everything seems to be pretty good and they’re very clean. They’re very informative on what they’re doing whether it surgery procedure or vaccinations. They’re very informative and thorough. They care about the pet. Price – there might be some lower, but I go for quality over pricing. I don’t know, there could be some lower priced vets out there. I’m not sure. If it is cheaper, it doesn’t interest me because I’m interested in quality. We have continued to go to them.

Description of Work
We have a 1-year old puppy, Lab. He had surgery for neutering.

06/24/2017

LINDA & MARIO C.

There was an issue concerning my daughter's little chihuahua. He accidentally swallowing one of my adults, he was 100 pounds dog and he accidentally swallowed his pill and we had to have an emergency ER. They had to put charcoal in his stomach and then they had to send him to Akron to make sure he was okay and that was probably I would say three years ago.

Description of Work
Emergency services for my daughters dog.

04/12/2017

KATHLEEN L.

Everyone is very nice and good with the patients.

Description of Work
My dog's first visit was to check him for an ear infection, which he had. He has since been back for his immunizations.

12/16/2016

GLENN & KRIS M.

I have got two dogs so, I am always there. They have always had great service. I have been with them for at least 20 years. The doctors there are always very helpful and knowledgeable. They have our animals welfare in mind when they are giving us service for them. Their price is good. I have a puppy. The cost was probably about $230 because he had to get all his shots and things like that.

Description of Work
We use Crossroads Animal Hospital.

12/16/2016

GLENN & KRIS M.

If they did not meet up to our expectation we probably would have switched to a different health care provider for the animal. If you have an appointment with them always call the next day or the day after to check up on how your animal is doing if their was a problem I have an older dog who also has problems and she's on medications and every time I take them they always call me and make sure she's okay and what not.

Description of Work
I used Crossroads Animal Hospital Inc for Veterinarians.

09/29/2014

Lisa T.

Was smitten with how the Outdoor Landscape/Presentation of the Hospital Inside & Out!! Office Crew/Staff is Outstanding!

Description of Work
Charles' (8 Month old) Bunny who I recently Adopted from Pet Supplies Plus on Broadview Road. NOTE: Visit was for a 'well needed' Nail Trim/Examination & Consultation for Neuter by Dr. Beth Arnold.

08/07/2014

Sandy K.

As usual the doctors and staff are very responsive to my pets' needs. They are compassionate to both pets and owners. Highly recommended as your primary veterinarian.

Description of Work
Exam/Consultation; Bartonella test; antibiotic

04/07/2014

victor D.

The provider, Dr. Beth Arnold, is an exceptional veterinarian. We have been taking our rabbits to her for several years. We recently became Angie's List members and wanted to acknowledge her professionalism and compassion in caring for our pets. Dr. Arnold takes her time to evaluate the pet, and she also personally follows up with a phone call to see how the pet is doing. She will treat your pet as if it is her own. She is very knowledgeable about treating diseases in rabbits. She returns calls promptly and is a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Services rendered were: radiograph single view, nail trim and exam/consultation.

03/13/2014

Lawrence H.

They are really, really very good. They are excellent. I haven't used them for a couple of years but a lot of my friends use them. They are very compassionate and very friendly. It is a really home-like atmosphere when I go in. It is very comfortable. It is like I walk into a living room instead of a vet's office. It is naturally decorated doggie kitty style. It is really nice. It makes me feel a little more relaxed. They are very thorough and very good with the animals. They are pretty expensive but they are good. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Dr. Peacock is my veterinarian. He is with Crossroads Animal Hospital.

01/23/2014

Frank F.

It's fine. They didn’t find the owner, but they were very helpful. They took a quick look at him to see if they could determine from certain health metrics whether or not he was just a street dog or if he was an owned dog. They checked him for microchip forming which he didn’t have. They hooked me up with a rescue and the local animal warden. The animal warden figured out whose dog it was. They did not charge me for the service. We like the veterinarian. We use Dr. Arnold, and she is very good. They are a little on the pricier side, but they are very conveniently located for us. They have all our dogs' history now.

Description of Work
We use Crossroads Animal Hospital Inc for veterinary care. They are our regular veterinarian. We see Dr. Arnold there. I picked up a dog from the street and took him in to them to have a check to see if he was okay.

12/19/2012

Katherine S.

The doctor and vet tech were very friendly and knowledgeable. Dr Cooper explained everything she was doing and asked permission before doing any procedure. I was very happy with the service. The price was high but the quality of care was high too.

Description of Work
Both my dog and cat were having issues. I called late Tuesday and had an appointment for Wednesday. Dr. Cooper was very caring and attentive to all of us.

09/23/2011

LINDA & MARIO C.

My dog got better from the treatment. They were very professional. I like everything about them except for their price. I thought they maybe a little on the expensive side. They charged more than my other veterinarian.

Description of Work
My dog had gotten sick and I went to see my regular vet for pill medications. Due to his illness his throat blew up, he would not eat and not take the pills. I was unable to get a response from my regular vet. They were just able to tell me that the dog had to take the pills. I decided to use Cross Roads Animal Hospital. They were available to me very quickly. They x-rayed the dogs throat and did blood work. They got back to me right away and said that the dog had an infection in his system. Because my dog would not take the pills and they suggested that I give him an injection. I went ahead with the treatment.

05/29/2011

Susan K.

My family has been going to Crossroads Animal Hospital for approximately 15 years. During that period, they have cared for 7 of our dogs and 5 of our cats, providing world-class treatment each and every time. Everyone who works there treats us and our pets like family. From routine check-ups and vaccinations to chronic ailments to life-and-death emergencies, we have always felt that our pets are in the best hands. Services are reasonably priced given the quality and attention to patient care. Dr. Arnold has been our regular vet for nearly 9 years. She is extremely caring and attentive. She will call our home after performing services to follow-up on the condition our of pet. For those unfortunate times when we have had to euthanize a beloved pet, she has gone out of her way to ensure a peaceful and painless passing. And she is right there crying with us when it is time to say our final goodbyes. I highly recommend Crossroads Animal Hospital to anyone who wants his or her pet to receive the best care possible.

Description of Work
In the 15 or so years we have taken our pets to Crossroads, the services they have performed on our pets include: routine check-ups; vaccinations; puppy exams; spaying/neutering; dental work (cleaning, tooth extractions); front de-clawing; nail trimming; IV treatment; wart removal; blood testing; extensive testing for unknown ailments; prescribing medication; emergency services; euthanasia; and more. Specific health problems and other issues they have handled include without limitation: diabetes; leptospirosis; kidney disease and kidney failure; urination problems; seizures; heart murmurs; depression; weight management issues; food allergies; dental problems; behavioral issues; and trauma resulting from dog attack.

01/29/2011

Valerie O.

I would higly recommend Dr. Kimberly Cooper. She is competent, professional and has a heart. She always calls when she says she will. The staff in the office, particularly the veterinary assistant Valerie are wonderful. However, I cannot recommend Dr. Beth Arnold. Her treatment of me and my cat was appalling. She was literally yelling at me while I sat there with my dying cat and all I had done was ask questions and discuss options. I left the office with my sick cat absolutely shattered. She displayed no compassion, just anger and rudeness. With that disposition I would not trust her to care for a defenseless animal. I am surprised that she is still employed there.

Description of Work
I have had all sorts of services performed in the care of my cats over many years.

12/30/2010

PAT A.

They are a bit expensive but they are very attentive to my pets. When I have had to put pets down they have bent over backwards to make it easy on me and more importantly for my animal. They are great at maintaining the health of the animals as well. Dr. Beth Arnold is the only vet I see there and she does a great job! When I put my last cat down 2 years ago, she sent a hand written note saying how much she liked my cat and commented how fortunately we were to have had each other.

Description of Work
I bring my cats to this vet.

11/01/2010

Michele A.

Initially, it was their location that drew me to them. It was the closest veterinarian to me that didn't look in a manner that made me feel uneasy. When I started going there, I found that they have resources that fit pretty much every need that I have for cats and dogs. I have had one case where they have referred me to another vet in the practice, and he was fantastic as well. I would say the price was average. The outcome and so forth makes it worth the money. There are cheaper vets, but I wouldn't go to them. The practitioners at the office have a breath of knowledge and apparent collaboration that allows the best in class treatment.

Description of Work
Crossroads Animal Hospital takes care of several animals for me. I have been using them for about a year and a half. I have been there with two conditions: one was a rescue dog that had heart worms, and the second was getting a spay and gastropexy.

08/06/2010

Robin W.

Crossroads is the best vet I have ever taken my pets to. Dr. Cooper is great with my dog that has anxiety. She is always super sweet with both my dogs. It's wonderful how she calls back to check on their status. She always has time to listen to any crazy questions I have and always give me her honest opinion. The whole staff is just really gentle and super sweet!

Description of Work
Had one dog that had a bare spot on her nose and fould out she had allergies.

02/25/2010

BARBARA C.

Both visits have been very positive experiences. I'm very picky about vets, I don't shop them by price I shop by quality. They've been great. Very responsive and great with the animals. One of my friends at work changed vets and took her dog and cat to Dr. Peacock at Crossroads. They were very happy with the change too.

Description of Work
Veteranaria services for my cats. I've been taking my 2 cats to Crossroads and we love these folks. They go to Dr. Cooper but everyone there is so friendly and great with the animals. Both cats went in September for a one-year checkup as new patients. Then Beanie suddenly became ill in December and when I called them Dr. Cooper said to bring him right in. He had a high fever and was dehydrated, probably from an infection / injury from rough housing with his bigger brother (they have all their claws). She called the next day to see how he was doing.

08/11/2006

ADRIANA M.

I feel my dogs and rabbits are getting the best care. Whenever any pet has surgery, someone always calls the next day to check. I have had a few emergencies in the past and have always been seen immediately. I have 2 pets on medication and refills are promptly called in. All the vets and techs really care about animals.

Description of Work
I have been taking my dogs and rabbits to Crossroads for 10 years.

10/12/2004

PATTY H.

DR. PEACOCK IS EXTREMELY PATIENT WITH MY DOG, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION SHE WAS PREVIOUSLY ABUSED. DR. COOPER HAS THE SAME CARE AND CONCERN FOR HER. BOTH VETS DO FOLLOW UP CALLS AND HAVE RETURNED CALLS THE SAME DAY. THE SUPPORT STAFF IS AMAZINGLY EFFICIENT, CARING AND COMPASSIONATE. I'VE BEEN GOING TO CROSSROADS FOR ABOUT 9 1/2 YRS.

Description of Work
MOST RECENTLY DR. COOPER TREATED MY DOG FOR SPONDYLOSIS.

07/15/2004

MARY T.

WE LOVE CROSSROADS ANIMAL CLINIC, EVEN THOUGH THE PRICES SEEM TO BE A BIT HIGH. THEY ARE CONSISTENTLY PROFESSIONAL AND CARING WITH OUR ANIMALS. DR. ARNOLD HAS BEEN WONDERFUL, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WAS TIME TO HAVE AN ELDERLY DOG PUT TO SLEEP. SHE HAS BEEN GREAT WITH OUR DOGS! WE HAVE USED OTHER VETS THERE AS WELL, EQUALLY AS WONDERFUL. WE CAN CALL AND ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS GOING ON WITH OUR PETS, AND WE GET A RESPONSE ON THE PHONE RIGHT AWAY. THE VET TECH'S ARE THE BEST! AFTER JUST ABOUT EVERY VISIT, WE GET A FOLLOW UP PHONE CALL THE NEXT DAY. IT IS NICE TO KNOW THEY CARE!

Description of Work
VET SERVICES FOR MINIATURE DACHSHUNDS.

Veterinarians
    Animal Grooming
    Animal Training

Wellness Care, Allergies & Dermatology, Nutritional Counseling, Cardiology, Dentistry, Laboratory, Digital Radiology, General Surgery Oral Surgery, Laser Surgery, Orthopedic, Ophthalmic Surgery, Microchipping, Dog Training, Behavioral Counseling, Critical Care