LuvPup Pet Sitting & Dog Training

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2008

1107 ROSEHILL RD

Reynoldsburg, OH 43068

In home pet sitting service....

06/23/2019

RAYMOND & LINDA F.

We have used Jackie and Doug to take care of our dogs for the past 5.5 years. They run an excellent pet-sitting and dog-training service. When we acquired a new puppy this year, Doug introduced her to the individual who would be taking care of her prior to our travel date. In addition to daily visits, Luv Pup provides overnight care for puppies who are just settling in to your household. We also use Doug as our trainer. If you are a fan of positive dog-training methods, Doug is your guy. He has many years of experience and is a great problem-solver when your puppy is not behaving quite right. He is always available by phone or text when questions or problems arise. Doug is currently coming to our home to help us train our puppy on house manners and walking in the neighborhood. We've also done a socialization session with Doug at a local business where our puppy met many new people and several dogs.

Description of Work
Dog training and in-home pet sitting

Category dog trainers,pet sitters

04/23/2017

Rachel H.

Doug and Jackie have taken care of our two cats several times over the past four years.. They are professional, friendly and communicative. The kitties are always happy and healthy when we return. We've left them in the care of LuvPup for a few days at a time and up to two weeks at a time. We will use them again and recommend them to anyone needing services.

Description of Work
Pet sitting for two cats

10/11/2016

David W.

.......

Description of Work
......

Category dog walkers

12/15/2015

Elizabeth Y.

Description of Work
Visited my cat. Everything was fine.

10/05/2015

Valerie S.

Description of Work
Date of service: Aug 31, 2015 Cost of service: $45

08/05/2015

Anna H.

Description of Work
detailed notes were made of every day visits and their findings.

07/07/2014

KYLA J.

She could have easily just said, and quot;Nope, we don't do thatand quot; and hung up. Instead, she listened and sympathized, made suggestions, laughed with me (not at me) and generally guaranteed when I DO someday need the service she provides, I'll call her first.

Description of Work
She was unable to assist in my current circumstance - needing to get my cats out for the exterminator to come to the apartment - but she was warm, sympathetic, and gave me several ideas for other options.

06/27/2014

Frederick S.

06/16/2014

Aaron H.

They seem very helpful, they were on time.

Description of Work
LuvPup, walking our pets.

12/10/2013

Stephany W.

Doug and Jackie have looked after our two spoiled cats on three separate occasions for roughly a week at a time. Doug does most of the home visits and Jackie handles the scheduling and logistics. We have been very pleased with their service and feel confident that our cats will be looked after with consistency and care. Our cats are very much on their own schedule and like to be fed at roughly the same time each and every day. Doug touched base on a daily basis by text and photo so you can relax and not worry to much about them being home without you. This Thanksgiving on the day my husband and I were scheduled to leave town we noticed our boy cat's eye was swollen shut, after a trip to family vet we had a diagnosis of pink eye and ointment that had to be applied twice a day. Doug added this to his chores each visit and we came back from our holiday to a cat that was well. I think I should mention that there was not additional charge for this and if you know cats you probably know they are not fond of ointment in the eye. It has been a real relief to find Doug and Jackie because we now can go out of town without stress and we don't have to impose on friends to come and look after our babies. I strongly recommend you give them a call if you have a need. I might mention that Doug and Jackie were recommended to me by my vet Dr. Susan Prescott who I think very highly of. She owns Dogs Only Animal Hospital in Gahanna and I also strongly recommend her (my cats were fortunate to be her patients before she switched to Dogs Only) and we are all glad.

Description of Work
Doug came to my house morning and evening to look after my two cats. This entailed feeding, cleaning litter box, giving each one medicine (one takes pain medicine in ear for arthritis and the other had pink eye and needed eye ointment) plus giving them lots or attention. Additionally he brought my mail in daily and placed my trash cans at cure on the day of pickup. Doug keeps a log of each visit that you find and can review, plus sends quick texts and photos on a daily basis to help alleviate the stress of being away from them. The cost above is for 15 visits, including 2 on Thanksgiving Day.

11/10/2013

MIKE S.

Doug cleaned up all the messes that my dogs made, texted me on a daily basis with updates and pics, washed out my dog's food bowls and mopped my entire laundry room after one of my dogs had urinated in it. In addition, there was a daily log of each visit and when we arrived home there was a beautifully laminated professionally taken photograph of each of my dogs (Doug was a professional photographer for 40 years). Each visit lasts 30 minutes unless for some reason your dog requires more time. This pet sitting services goes above and beyond what is required or expected of them. Highly recommended and we will use them again and again in the future.

Description of Work
The business owner, Doug, came to my house three times a day to feed my three dogs and let them out while we were on vacation.

09/17/2012

Daneta E.

Jackie and Doug are wonderful and very professional dog sitters. They helped me crate train my dog and she was housebroken in a very short time. I had them twice a day when Sophie (my dog) was very little and then moved to once a day and then just a couple of days a week. They always left a note telling me what Sophie had done during the visit and what times they were there. I also had them watch Sophie in their home when I went away for a week and there is no one else I would trust to leave her with when I go away again. They also have wonderful people that work with them. They all make a great team and I never had to worry about whether or not they would show up or if there would be a problem.

Description of Work
I had Luv Pup come everyday (twice a day) for several months and then a couple of days a week for several months after that. I also had my dog stay with them for a week in February. The amout I spent listed was for a daily visit.

08/05/2010

Kathy L.

Came home to find a gaping wound one of my dogs that was over two days old. It was partially hidden in the fur, but you could clearly see an inch of open skin. Doug admitted there was an altercation between two dogs while exercising and they quickly separated them. Where he failed, is he did not inspect the dogs at all, but just threw one in a crate. Doug is a small dog person. I would not recommend him for large breeds. He is inexperienced with multiple large dogs and does not listen to the owners and respect their experience and expertise.

Description of Work
To exercise all my dogs while I was out of town. Specific instructions were left so as there would be no altercations. My dogs are hunters and a large, fast breed.

Category pet sitters

First of all there was no altercation between to dogs, when we took a group out for exercise two of the dogs started a stand off and started growing and barking we immediately did not let those two dogs out together as we were told to. Also the owner knowingly neglected to tell use that when they run they sometimes bump and use their teeth to try and take one down like chasing prey. I have emails telling the member not to take the information I gave her out of context, but she did anyway. When she said it was do to our negligence that she came home to an injured dog and that we would have to pay the vet bill I said fine the check is in the mail and I'm terminating our relationship. There were two of use together playing and watching every movement her animals made. Most owners of sight hounds that have running issues as she has stated to me, that she has had this happen before. Most use plastic muzzle to prevent the animals from hurting one another because they can run speeds up to 25-30 mph. I don't know why she does not use them to protect her animals. Oh we were only their for an hour per visit once a day. The dogs are loose to run and play in there kennel run all day plus there was another person there that fed them each day that said she saw no problems with the animals. We also cleaned the kennel floors each time we came and there were no signs of a blood trail which with a wound that large there would be. I know how feelings can interrupt a person rational decision making coming home and finding an injured animal, but I can say with confidence that it did not happen during our care. Number one, that first day I was there alone and would only let one dog out at a time because I could not safely monitor them running in groups, 2nd and 3rd day I had another professional dog handler with me to help exercise the dogs as instructed in groups by the owner. I feel bad that the owner felt that she had to take it this far after giving use an A plus for our 15 day pet sit a couple years ago. I also made a comment to the member on how she was forcing one of her shy or fearful dogs to come to me and I suggested there are better ways to handle this and it made her upset, I study animal behavior and was just giving some professional advice that was not excepted very well.

03/05/2009

Kathy L.

It went very well. I would get updates on a chart everytime they were here. They are very professional. They go into a lot of detail in the initial consultation. They actually cleaned up after my dog runts in my dog room.

Description of Work
They exercised my thirteen dogs for fifteen days while I was on vacation out of the country.

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

11/25/2008

BRENDA H.

Doug and Jackie of LuvPup Pet Sitting are wonderful. They treat my pets like their own and my dogs are always happy when I come home It's as though I was never gone. One year when I was on vacation, I had a leak from my roof. Doug took care to move all my furniture and cover the floor with buckets before he called me. He was a lifesaver.

Description of Work
Doug Harris did a wonderful job of caring for my two dogs. He left me a detailed report of every visit and followed all of my special instructions. I have used LuvPup pet sitting for many years and they are trustworthy and caring.

07/10/2008

TIM D.

I am very happy with what he does. He really seems to enjoy animals. For every visit he leaves behind a report about what he did and if there were any problems. I really like how he does this and I find it to be essential. He is very friendly and cheerful. He always makes himself available.

Description of Work
He comes to my home to clean the litter box and put food and water out for my cat. Also he plays with my cat to exercise her.

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Animal Training
    Animal Boarding Kennels

Vacation pet sitting, daily dog walks, cat care,pet taxi