Alterations Express

North Olmsted, OH 44070

Award winning....

09/18/2017

Joan R.

The work was well done. However, the dress was not pressed. The bottom portion has pleated taffeta all around, and it was not at all pressed back into shape. I also thought the work was pretty high priced, but it was a fancier dress.

Description of Work
I needed a hem for a mother of the bride dress, and a tuck in the back bodice where there was 'extra' material because I am short.

02/18/2016

Deborah P.

Description of Work
Hemmed a pair of jeans. Timely and well done.

07/28/2013

Kristen K.

I dropped off the clothes on Friday, June 7 around 11 a.m. and there was another customer in a dressing room being assisted. Another tailor greeted me within a minute and quickly got me situated in the other dressing room. She was friendly, efficient and very thorough. She made sure that I liked the length of the dress after she pinned the hem and offered to make any adjustments. Also, I had brought in two yoga pants that were the same style but in different colors. The tailor suggested that I try on the second pair of yoga pants instead of relying on the measurements of the first pair. It turned out to be a good suggestion because the legs on the second pair were longer. I picked up my clothes the following Wednesday after work and they were ready as promised. I'll definitely use Alterations Express again. That quality of their work was great and has held up nicely after multiple washings. Also, the price seems reasonable for the work done.

Description of Work
Hemmed one dress, two pairs of yoga pants, and a pair of khakis. The dress and workout pants were hemmed with double stitch seams and the khakis with a plain seam.

04/09/2013

Amy H.

I called to them to find out what they charge and the person I talked to was very friendly. When I got there someone took care of me right away. I brought in 5 pairs of pants and she made a point of telling me that 3 of the pairs were fine and didn't need to be hemmed. She was honest with me, good, and they would have had them ready for me that day if I wanted. I was pleased with them. I haven't worn any of the pants yet, so I don't know how they will hold up. Everything done so far has been good. I thought their price was fair. The hems look fine. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I used Alterations Express to hem 2 pairs of pants.

03/27/2012

Jeanne B.

They pants hem came undone after only one wearing. They did not replace the zipper, as I asked, they only replaced the metal zipper pull, so the zipper broke again, after only one wearing. I am not pleased at all.

Description of Work
They fixed a broken hem on my husband's suit pants, and I asked them to replace a broken zipper on my son's columbia jacket. I thought the prices were very high, especially for replacing the zipper.

07/21/2011

Suzie F.

To me it looked like a complicated job so I understand the high cost. The dress had several layers to shorten and then lots of folded layers to bring in at the bust. They did an awesome job. I was expecting to have to pin sometimes last minute but no worries at all. Very impressed with the job they did.

Description of Work
I brought in a bridesmaid dress to be shortened and taken in at the bust.

06/16/2011

Maria Z.

I have been very satisfied with the work done by Alterations Express. The store can be busy and hectic at times, but the service they provide is excellent and the staff is knowledgeable. The pricing is reasonable as well.

Description of Work
I have had numerous pairs of pants taken in, as well as a skirt and dress altered at Alterations Express.

05/24/2011

LISSA K.

Stopped by on a busy Saturday afternoon after finding Alterations Express on Angies List. Had 2 pairs of ladies suit pants to be hemmed. Measured on the spot - in and out in 10 minutes. Pants were done within a few days (could have been done same day if I'd wanted). Price is great and work superb.

Description of Work
2 pairs of lined women's suit pants hemmed.

02/10/2011

Virginia S.

I was really pleased with Alterations Express. They'll even measure you on the spot if you'd like! If I needed something else done I'd go back, they do everything and they have a dressing room. No job is too obscure and they are very professional! I went to four other places and no one else could do this job for me.

Description of Work
When my son graduated from college I had Alterations Express expand a cap for him. He has a bigger head so I used his High School cap as a sample for this one.

10/31/2008

AMANDA and STEVEN W.

The alterations met my expectations. The convenient location and hours were very helpful when I needed the work done quickly in time for a wedding.

Description of Work
Alterations on two dresses and hemmed two pairs of women's pants (lined).