DunRite Roofing Inc

Hudson, OH 44236

Bevan & Associates LPA Inc

06/15/2017

walter J.

Went well except for a overfflow problem of drain which they are supposed to come out and fix.

Description of Work
Had a roof replaced.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

01/12/2017

Wendy D.

Still waiting..............At this point I am unsure if I would use them again. It all depends on the finished project, but you don't have a category for "unsure".

Description of Work
Paid a deposit of 10% on a quote of $23,000 for tear down, reroof, ventilation and replacement of 5 skylights. This was on 12/02/16. At that time we were told that they were 2 weeks away in jobs. To be fair, we had some snow twice, very cold weather and then the holidays ( I never received an answer as to whether they were not working between 12/24/16-1/2/17. I put out to emails to which I received a response to both regarding weather putting them behind, but have had no contact from the company since. Dunn Rite was always very prompt, professional and fair. However, they were bought by K-Guard and it does not appear that same work ethics apply. When they finally perform the job, I hope I am not disappointed. I am not impressed by their communication skills! At this point, I would rather they wait until warmer weather to perform the services, since they have missed the opportunity with warmer weather in the 40-50 degree. The salesman was prompt and professional, but I gave them a C rating for lack of communication.

02/27/2016

Carmen S.

The project was done in one day and the property was left clear of debris. Old shingles we're removed. wood was replaced as needed, and new shingles installed. A minor problem developed and Dunrite came right away and fixed it at no cost to us. We received excellent service and recommend them.

Description of Work
Roofed our hip- roof house.

09/10/2015

Carmen S.

Original service was done efficiently and with great care. They left the property very clean with no debris visible. We were very satisfied with DunRite's work at that time. Sometime in August,2015 we noticed a problem occurring with the roof. We contacted DunRite for an evaluation. They had a crew here within an hour of our call. They spent about one (1) hour evaluating the needed repair. They took ownership of the reapair at no cost to us. One week later they sent a repair crew to remedy the situation. They did an excellent job repairing the problem and the crew was outstanding. They were courteous and did a fine job. Before leaving they made sure we were happy with the repair and went over everything with us. We certainly will and would recommend DunRite to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Original service to roof our house was done on 11/7/2014. New wood was installed at that time as well as the shingles. Roof developed a problem in August 2015 thus the need for the current service on 9/10/2015.

05/04/2015

Winifred D.

Very good service, timely, well done.

Description of Work
Replace half roof

06/20/2014

Brian B.

Andre and his crew were professional and answered all our questions. A few issues remained after roof replacement, but these were taken care of quickly and professionally, with fast response from Dunrite customer service. This appears to be a well-organized company with reliable employees in customer service, sales, manual service, and production.

Description of Work
Replaced a roof.

06/06/2014

MIKE H.

They were very good. We had the old one torn off. If you put a new roof on top of an old roof, it's cheaper. We put a longer roof on. All these things make a big difference in the price. They just knew what they were doing. When they talked to you, they didn't talk down to you. They just were very professional. They explained everything pretty well. Price, they were in the ballpark. We compared them with other ones. They weren't over. They weren't cheaper.

Description of Work
I had my roof done seven years ago.

06/03/2014

Susan Y.

We scheduled a visit and called the office when no one arrived at the time of the appointment. The office staff did not have a record of the appointment and we had to reschedule. Dave, the roofer who came, was very punctual and professional and his work was impeccable.

Description of Work
Repaired shingles, sealed flashing and corrected a water flow issue that was causing a leak.

12/17/2013

Charlotte B.

The company that did my roof before did a terrible job and DunRite Roofing came and fixed the entire roof. They installed new wood, fixed holes that had been left by the previous company and installed all new shingles on my house as well as my garage. The shingles carry a 50 year guarantee and DunRite did an excellent job. And I give A+!

Description of Work
They redid my roof on my house and my garage and replaced the spouting on one side of the front porch.

Category gutter repair, roofing

07/24/2013

Robert P.

Work was performed as expected.

Description of Work
Repaired wind damage to roof and leaking skylight

Category roofing, skylights

07/16/2013

Pamela N.

We have had two new roofs put on by this company, and now we need a third one. The last time my husband was in hospital, so I wasn't around much. I have learned a lesson the hard way. The ice guard didn't help at all. i have leaks in different areas of the house, dips and valleys. There is no way I would use this company again.

Description of Work
tear off, said they replaced wood, put on ice shields

05/29/2013

Brenda B.

After they tore off the old shingles They said parts of the roof was rotted out, they replaced the wood with new for a few hundread dollars more. They also patched up my crumbling chimmany and installed a new cap for 275.00. I am very satisfied with their work, their a great bunch of friendly and courteous workers. My roof looks wonderful.

Description of Work
They tore off the shingles, replaced roofing felt, Replaced Ridge cap, Replaced Ice and water shield, Drip edge, and layed down new shingles.

03/28/2013

jeannie B.

The service turned out fine. They were on time, got the work done quick and everything went well. I had no complaints.

Description of Work
They did some roofing repairs for me.

02/03/2013

Jay B.

I knew that a new roof was needed secondary to a small leak in my house. After several other inspections and estimates, a representative from Dun Rite looked at my roof. They were the ONLY company that told me that I had hail damage. There had been a hail storm, in the middle of the previous year, in the area, with multiple houses in my neighborhood receiving new roofs due to hail damage. Dunn Rite gave me an estimate, and jumped through multiple hoops working with my insurance company and mortgage company so that I would receive the maximum amount due me for the new roof. I feel they really went out of their way to work for me so that I would have to spend the least amount of money, out of pocket. For example, my insurance company only wanted to pay for one layer of ice and water shield for my overhang/soffit, but because my overhang is not standard, but very wide, more that one layer or strip was needed to properly cover the roof at the overhangs This is only one of many things that Dun Rite did for me. The work took approximately three days to completely strip the old roofs( I had at least two old roofs, if not three that had to come off) replace several sections of the plywood sheathing that was bad, replace several electric roof vents and install the new roof. The new roof did include ridge vents. The gutters were removed at this time and later replaced with Leaf Guard gutters. I decided, after consultation with Dun Rite, that it would be better to replace the electric roof vents and not need them, rather than eliminate them and find that my attic areas/crawl spaces were too hot in the summer without them. The workmen showed up ever day, on time, early in the morning, didn't leave until after working at least 8 to 10 hours each day and were careful with how they worked around my house, my lawn and the installation of the roof. There was little if any clean up that I had to do. I also purchased, the Golden Pledge Warranty, which is through the manufacturer of the roofing material, GAF. Since this warranty is through GAF, a representative came out from GAF to inspect the roof. So, I also have GAF to help me if there are any problems with my roof over the next twenty five to fifty years. Although this was an expensive project, I'm glad that I used Dun Rite, because of all the help they gave me. My out of pocket payment to Dun Rite was less than $2,000.00. So far, this being seven months later, I have not seen any leaks from either rain or, right now, snow. I would recommend that one at least call Dun Rite and get their input before settling on a roofing company.

Description of Work
Removal of old roofs(3?), electric roof vents with new roof, new electric roof vents, ridge vents and plywood sheathing where necessary.

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/22/2013

MARIE D.

Because of Dia's involvement to resolve this situation, I gave and overall grade of A. Production manager Tom came out and fixed all the problem areas. I will have them back next year to put vinyl siding, soffit and facia on the rest of my house.

Description of Work
Replaced the front of my home. They removed old panels and redwood trim. They replacted it with masonry board and cedar trim. They also painted it. They put on vinyl siding on south side of house. They also removed old soffits & facia and replaced with new soffit & facia.

Category roofing, siding

07/12/2012

LISA A.

The sales guy was fabulous and the women in the office were very professional and responsive. The communication from the crew foreman was very poor. After the first day, they were leaving without having told me when they'd return the next day to finish the job. Also, there was a section on the garage roof line that was obviously higher than the other section. If I hadn't called and asked for the crew to be sent back out, they would have left it like that. Finally, the sky light had dirty hand prints all over the wood. I had to bring in a ladder and wash the ugly prints off myself. The attitudes that they exuded were that they wanted to do the basics and get off of the job. The good news, though, is that so far we haven't had any problems with the roof. However,because of the average workmanship of the crew, I have told several neighbors to use a different company that uses the same quality of roofing materials, but has delivered much better follow-through with their customers.

Description of Work
Tore off old roofInstalled new roof and sky lightReplaced gutters

06/25/2012

JULIA T.

It was initially hard to get an appointment but they did end up coming out the next day and showed up on time. We looked at the roof together. They came up with a solution that was reasonable and didn't suggest an outrageous repair. They fixed it then and there. Their fix has worked an no leaks since. I trust them and would recommend them again.

Description of Work
I had a roof leak that they came out and inspected and repaired. I have used Dun-Rite before and found them to be professional, fair and honest.

05/16/2012

Christine D.

They are general contractors who perform other services apart from just roofing. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Dun Rite Roofing Inc. to remove my old roof and install a new roof with a ridge vent.

04/03/2012

John C.

I found them on Angie's List. I was very pleased with the estimate, the work they did, their personalities, and I would be happy to recommend them. They weren't the least expensive, but, I felt I was getting the best value for the money, I think their was work was good for the money, and their price was very fair. I was not unhappy with the price I paid. The work they did was extremely well and the materials they used were top notch. We did have a followup, but they did it in a timely fashion and they took care of the situation. They were here when they said they would be, got the job done in a very timely, and professional manner. Right from the estimate process to the job, they did an extremely good job.

Description of Work
They did some roofing for me. They replaced the entire roof on the garage and the house.

02/17/2012

Diana G.

After the work on the roof was completed I noticed an area of shingles that looked as if something had been dragged across it causing the corners of the shingles to bend up, so I contacted the company with my concern. The curt, agitated response I received was that the shingles would eventually lie down. I'm waiting to see if this will be the case. Regardless, I'm more than a little put off by their attitude. They never told me what would happen if the shingles don't lay down.

Description of Work
Old roof and gutters torn off and discarded. New roof and gutters applied.

01/23/2012

CAROL J S.

I called Dun Rite to look at my house for a second opinion. They came at a bad time. My mother was very sick and had dementia. They arrived unannounced while it was dark outside. I could not leave my mother alone inside. They came in after an inspection that barely lasted over five minutes and said that they don't see anything wrong with the house. They said they had seen worse, but they had seen better. They told me I should drop my law suit against Shane Fisk. They told me that I had got had. They started saying that the problems with my house were cosmetic. Shane's attorney was telling me the same thing. I knew at this point that they had contacted Shane Fisk. They sent a letter to me and the other company that the job was done right, they didn't see anything wrong with the work, and that they did not want to get involved. I went to court in October. Shane Fisk used the statement from Dun Rite where they said there was nothing wrong with my house. Shane Fisk had not even come to my home in the last two years to see its current state. We ended up in arbitration. The same thing came up in this process. Shane Fisk and the attorneys came to my home to look at the work. Shane Fisk could not believe what he was seeing. He said they do not do work like this. He then offered to redo the roof and the siding. They had to repay me the money I paid them with an additional $6,000. He admitted that the job was done horrible, but Dun Rite had said the job was done correctly. Because of what Dun Rite said, it took a lot longer to get to court and I feel like I lost money because of this.

Description of Work
I called them for a second option on roof damage from a hail storm.

Category roofing, siding

After reviewing the details we would like to respond to the member. The member had work done by another contractor, not by Dun Rite. This other contractor took 2 years to inspect the member’s home and his own work. Whatever the member worked out with this other contractor has nothing to do with Dun Rite. This review by the member clearly illustrates why we did not want anything to do with this situation.

01/12/2012

Richard V.

I received an estimate for repairs which was reasonable. However, when I repeatedly tried to have the work done, I kept getting excuses that they were too busy and I had to wait another month. Now it is snowing, wintertime, and the roof is still not repaired.

Description of Work
Repair of storm damage to roof was estimated.

After reviewing the details we would like to respond to member. We are very sorry the member is not happy. During the time frame this repair was requested (August 2011). Dun Rite was extremely busy. We stopped taking repair requests because we were not able to quickly do the work. It is always our goal to satisfy customers as soon as possible.

12/21/2011

Anthony B.

They did a good job. The only issue was a stupper on the roof. I called them to let them know that it wasn't to my satisfaction. They sent someone out to fix the stupper and it still wasn't to my liking. I think it was a miscommucation between what I wanted and what they would do. I ended up having another shop custom make a stupper and Dun Rite installed it for me. Other than that, everything was good. They arrived on time and took 1 day to complete the initial project and were very responsive and punctual in returning. They cleaned up nicely as well.

Description of Work
Dun Rite Roofing replaced the flat portion on the back of our house.

11/16/2011

Linda S.

never hired them to do the work if they refuse to come out to repair my roof.

Description of Work
Listed under Roof Repair, but are not taking any roof repair work? I need help now, can not wait. Not a good grade from me? Person who answered the phone was not friendly and basically had the 'I do not care' attitude!

After reviewing the details we would like to respond to member. Dun Rite always tries to please and satisfy our customers. We are sorry the member was upset that we could not do her repair. She called requesting a repair at a time when we had more work than we could complete. When we told her we were not accepting repairs she became upset. It is never our intent to upset anyone! We hope that this explanation clears up the situation. Thank you.

09/22/2011

Jeff and Janet D.

They did an excellent job and cleaned up after themselves well.

Description of Work
They repaired the roof.