Hartville Vet Clinic

Hartville, OH 44632

Veterinarian...

06/28/2013

Amy F.

aWhen I took Chloe in she hadn't had a wellness check in 1 1/2 years. This visit was per my request. They do not send out cards or reminders for visits or vaccinations. Chloe is currently on Zentonil Plus 200mg daily since 2011. Her liver enzymes had spiked at that time and they put her on the medication and did no further inquiry into why this happened. Knowing what I know now I should have insisted on them doing much more. When I took her in on 6-26-2013 I asked for a wellness check, a blood test for liver enzymes, and I wanted them to check a small growth on her abdomen. She never got the wellness check, or a look at the growth on her abdomen. They did a liver enzyme blood test and found her enzymes elevated and then did an X-ray of her liver which was enlarged and pushing on her stomach. I was told to take Chloe to a nearby vet hospital for an ultrasound but couldn't get her in for 2 weeks. I opted to drive two hours south to Ohio State University's vet hospital which is an exceptional facility. After six hours of consultations, exams, an ultra sound and a cell draw for cancer we learned that Chloe had a very large slow growing benign mass. We left her there overnight. Today a CAT scan and surgery was performed to remove the mass (which was the size of a softball). Chloe is a 12.5 pound Fox terrier I strongly feel that Hartville dropped the ball big time. When she began having problems 1 1/2 years ago they should have pursued the issue and found the problem. I will NEVER take her back there.

Description of Work
The provider took and X-ray of my dog's liver because her liver enzymes were up again (611). They referred me to a vet hospital for and ultrasound to further investigate.

02/19/2013

James C.

They did a great job, took excellent care of her, I was very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
They did surgery on my dog.

05/07/2012

Sue W.

They are excellent- from the vets to the front desk staff- they are all terrific! Her rates are very reasonable.

Description of Work
I take my dog to them. I have taken her there for 7 years after my son recommended them. My son has been using them for at least 10 years.

Veterinarians