Funeral Home, Cremation Service, On-Site Crematory, Funeral Services, Funeral Director, Life Celebrations, Burials, Green Burial, Pre-Need Funeral Services, Veteran Funeral Services

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Schoedinger State Street - Midtown

Founded 1855 • With Angi since July 2011

4.4

4242 Hoover Rd

Grove City, OH 43123

Over 150 years ago, Schoedinger Norris Grove City was founded as a family-owned business. This funeral planning team has been focused on serving the community since 1855 and provides the highest levels of care for families from all backgrounds and faiths. The company motto says it all: “Creating Healing Experiences.” Not only can the funeral home staff assist with burial or cremation coordination, but they provide top-notch event and reception support. Funeral, memorial, and life celebration services can be held in one of the nine funeral homes owned by the company. Or, families can choose other venues for the events, such as churches or event centers. Schoedinger Norris Grove City provides full-service funeral packages that are always customized based on the desires and traditions of each family. An on-site crematory provides quality services through the teams Cremation Commitment to Care. A few unique offerings make Schoedinger Norris Grove City unique. For example, a Grief Therapy Dog is available to provide support and comfort. A variety of burial and cremation products can be purchased through the funeral home, such as urns, caskets, vaults, permanent memorials, and more. Additionally, memorial websites are offered to replace traditional obituaries, where memories and photos that can be shared. Families can create celebratory experiences through beautifully catered receptions or memorial ceremonies that include dove, balloon, or butterfly releases. Families can contact Schoedinger Norris Grove City to schedule a consultation. This personal conversation is designed to help families learn about available funeral and cremation services. The nearest funeral home is conveniently located at 4242 Hoover Rd Grove City, OH 43123. Call at any time to talk to a caring funeral director: (614) 875-6333....

09/20/2020

Nicole R.

I want to thank Elizabeth Binns for everything she did for my grandmother's service. Her attention to detail was impeccable and she truely captured my grandma, from the memory cards to the music. Our family has been using Schoedinger since 1954 and I must say this was the most elegant, detail oriented service we have had. She took so much stress off of my mother in her time of grief. All from out of state, over the phone and everything was perfect. So thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

Description of Work
Family Funeral

03/30/2016

Jerrie R.

Description of Work
They never responded despite two messages.

10/23/2015

Linda S.

The staff at the Schoedinger Funeral & Cremation at 229 E State St, in downtown Columbus were consummate professionals. We had a pet dog cremated 15 years ago at a different Funeral Home. I don't think Schoedinger was working with pet cremations at that time. That experience at Schoedinger was like night and day. We can't praise them enough for how they handled everything. If you are grieving a loss of pet, they are the absolute best. I wouldn't ever use or recommend any other company.

Description of Work
Cremated pet cat, Julie

11/12/2014

CAROLYN D.

They took as much time as I needed even though our funeral service was really small. They treated us just like anybody that would have a big, expensive one and I appreciated that and even when I broke down, they had taken extra time with me for the details. They were so polite and nice about it and they helped me pick out things because I wasn't really on top of things to make decisions and they were just so patient with me. I don't know if they had other appointments but they treated me like I was the only appointment they had and they had everything set up like they would--the flowers, everything. It turned out really nice and they even called afterwards to check on me and they sent me emails to check out on me so I think that's nice, too. They helped me find somebody to talk at the funeral that I really liked. Overall, I just think they treated me really well. I think their pricing was reasonable. Whenever I called them, I got somebody right away.

04/15/2014

Michael M.

Description of Work
it went as planned.

07/11/2012

Robert N.

Scheodinger did a fantastic job from start to finish. Very professional, very knowledgable, and very caring. Pre-arranging the expenses, beginning nearly 20 years ago, saved us thousands of dollars. The burial took place 100 miles from Columbus, and I cannot thank them enough for all the work they did at this remote site. It was first class from start to finish.

Description of Work
Schoedinger handled all aspects of my mother's funeral and burial.

04/25/2012

Janice H.

They are A all the way. They do a good job. They were on time. I have dealt with them with other relatives in the past. I am quite familiar with them. They are a top group. I would use this provider in the future, if needed.

Description of Work
They provide funeral services.

07/10/2011

Kathy R.

My cat had to be put to sleep on 5/24 and the veterinary asked if I'd like to have funeral/crematory services for her. I had never had this done for a pet, but since she had been so special to me, I indicated I would like to have her cremated. Since Schoedinger was the place they use and I didn't know anyone else to contact, I agreed. Initially, I thought they'd be okay. Lori called and "seemed" professional. However, after subsequent dealings, I quickly changed my mind. After telling her what location I wanted to get my cat's ashes, it took four phone calls on my part and a few days to get the date confirmed. After a few days I received another call from Lori asking where I wanted to pick her up at(!) I feel like after all the grief I went through (not to mention the experience of losing my favorite pet) they could have delivered her to me personally in a solid-gold urn (I'm being facetious, of course) but with all off the oversight it seems ludicrous that I had to pay full price. I must comment that the people at the Zollinger Road location where I picked the ashes up were very kind and seemed to have relayed my concerns to those in charge, but stick to people, Schoedinger. If you can't provide respectful service to the grieving pet owners who are paying for services, just remove yourself from the pet crematory business. I realize people are understandably your priority, but losing special pets are tough on families too.

Description of Work
Cremation of cat.

04/10/2010

TRACIE D.

Our dog died on Tuesday, and the hospital called Schoedinger to pick him up that day so he could be cremated. When we called them to schedule the cremation, they had an opening the next day at 2pm so we took it. They've created a separate office in the back for pet owners, which was a change from the last time we went there, but that was no big deal. As we've done before, we followed the young man (Joel) performing the cremation back to the area where they had our dog laid out. I must point out that for some, this may seem morbid to want to witness your dog being put inside a large oven. Yes, it is jolting and uncomfortable, like a lot of things in life, but for us, we wanted to be there for the very end and in a way, to send him off. Joel gave us some tissues and he made an ink imprint of one of Buddy's paws for us. He then told us that a marker would identify Buddy's ashes so we would know we really had only his ashes. Then my husband helped put Buddy on the wooden "paddle" so he could be pushed inside to finalize all that had happened in the last few days. Our pets have made our lives much more bearable and enjoyable, so we try to do right by them all the way to the end.

Description of Work
They cremated our dog Buddy. They are the only company we've found that allows owners to witness the cremation of their pets. For those who want finality or closure, this is important, but it certainly isn't for everyone.

12/22/2009

JAMES S.

After not receiving a follow up call, we discovered that they had left his remains at another location (a vet office/not one of the funeral home facilities). Schoedinger was completely unprofessional. They may have a monopoly in pet cremation; however, they perform pet services poorly. It is not excusable that they never communicated to us that our pet's remains were ready. If we had not called, we would have never been contacted.

Description of Work
We purchased cremation services from Schoedinger. We received a call asking where we wanted to pick up his remains. We specified their location on Zolllinger Road.

08/16/2007

TRACIE D.

Our Storm passed on 7/4/07 at OSU Veterinary Hospital so we called Schoedinger hoping to have him cremated the next day, but they were booked so we took him in on 7/6/07. We took him in at the scheduled time of 10:30am and met with Shaun who took us back to the crematory and explained what would happen. This was very emotional, so Shaun gave us a few minutes to say our last goodbyes. Shaun was very professional, yet he also was very sympathetic to our loss and we greatly appreciated him. When Shaun came back in, he allowed my husband to help push the board on which Storm was laying into the oven. We stayed for a few minutes, and then about 5 hours later, we returned to get the ashes which they put in a wooden box. They also provided a certificate of cremation with Storm's personal ID number that ensures that his ashes were indeed his. They also gave us some information on pet loss support groups, which was very courteous of them. In short, they were very good to us and to Storm.

Description of Work
We had our husky, Winterstorm (Storm) cremated by Schoedinger. They were the only company that we could find that allowed witnesses to the cremation, so we went with them. The charge was about $300, and it was worth it.

07/08/2003

MICHELLE J.

BEAUTIFUL BOX FOR ASHES -OVERALL GREAT PRESENTATION

Description of Work
THEY CREMATED MY BELOVED PETS REMAINS

12/04/2002

CHIRS M.

OUR CAT DIED ON THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING, AND I WAS CONCERNED THAT IT WOULD BE HARD TO FIND A FIRM THAT WOULD ACCEPT THE JOB SO CLOSE TO THE HOLIDAY. THE COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE, SARAH JOHNSON, WAS VERY CONSIDERATE, EXPLAINED WHAT WOULD BE DONE AND HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE, AND MADE SURE EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTHLY. THE PERSON WHO WOULD ACTUALLY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREMATING OUR CAT MET ME, EXPLAINED HOW SHE''D PROCEED, AND LEFT ME CONFIDENT OUR PET WAS IN GOOD HANDS.

Description of Work
THE COMPANY CREMATED A FAMILY PET (OUR CAT).

Gahanna Animal Hospital

Husband and wife team Dr. John Worman and Dr. Paula Marrie purchased Gahanna Animal Hospital in 1981. Since their purchase there have been 2 renovations which have resulted in a large animal hospital offering many services. Gahanna Animal Hospital began with 2 exam rooms, a treatment area/pharmacy/lab, a surgical room and boarding facilities. With the 2 renovations (one in 1994 and one in 2005), the facility now has: 7 exam rooms, a full pharmacy, surgical suite, hospital ward, isolation room, intensive care unit, a full lab, a grooming facility and boarding that includes xtra-large runs, indoor/outdoor runs and pet suites complete with a T.V. and bed. Gahanna Animal Hospital currently has six associate veterinarians in addition to the owners. We offer full service wellness care/vaccinations, internal medicine diagnosis, hospitalization/intensive care, x-rays, bloodwork, allergy testing, dentals, surgery, long-term case managment, grooming, baths, day care and puppy classes. Gahanna Animal Hospital is truly a full service animal hospital. We also accept Care Credit as payment.

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Funeral Homes
    Veterinarians
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

funeral home, funerals, funeral services, cremations, cremation services, cremation with memorial service, direct cremations, burials, pre-need funeral services, pre-planning funeral services, life celebrations, memorial ceremonies, caskets, vaults, memorials, urns, honoring life, grief resources, veteran services, military honors, on-site crematory, green funerals, eco-friendly green funerals, green burial options, permanent memorialization