JAN'S PET CARE

Founded 2003 • With Angi since December 2003

Grove City, OH 43123

I have been a professional pet sitter since November 2003. I have hundreds of satisfied clients. All of my services are provided by me; I do not hire employees or contractors. I take the time to learn all about how to best care for your pets, and I develop a bond that enables me to form a special connection. My love for animals is the driving force behind taking excellent care of your pets....

07/26/2016

Kim C.

Jan did an great job and our fur babies were all happy and content when we returned home.She left detailed notes about each animal (how they were acting, eating, etc.) and also watered flowers, open/closed curtains and turned lights off/on so that it looked like someone was at the house. She did 3 visits per day and kept with the animals' schedules - even texted us with updates. I highly recommend her - she truly enjoys what she does and is a very nice person to work with. We will definitely use her services in the future!

Description of Work
We needed a pet sitter for our 3 cats and 1 dog because we were going away for a long weekend vacation.

06/14/2016

Maria F.

Hey Angie's Listers, If you are looking for a really great, thorough and professional pet sitter, look no further. We have three girl kitties that we play with and dote over much like most dog owners. Although we don't travel often, we do like to take an occasional long weekend and have struggled to find the kind of service we feel comfortable with. We don't consider ourselves super picky but understand that animals have trouble adjusting when their owners are gone, so having them get the attention they need has been most important. Jan recently came to us via a recommendation from a few neighbors, which was promising from the start. We scheduled to meet with her enough in advance to also allow for a follow up meeting just prior to our out of town plans. When we first met her we were sold! Not only was she warm and outgoing, but really made a point to try and get to know the cats. One of our cats is pretty shy, so it was such a relief when Jan made the simple effort to carefully 'introduce' herself. She also was so organized in making sure every detail of what was important around the house would get attention as well. Although we covered pretty much everything, at the last minute we realized we would also need a dehumidifier checked and she said it was no problem! Most important was how content and relaxed our cats were upon our return -- that in and of itself spoke volumes! In the past, there was a little hesitation as they readjusted to our being home, but not this time. Honestly, I think we found the Mary Poppins of cat sitters! Reallly really happy and so relieved. Jan is great, that's all there is to it. Hope you get the chance to have her care for your pets, too.

Description of Work
Provided care for our three cats, checked and emptied dehumidifier, cleaned litter boxes, rotated lights on / off, made sure house was safe and taken care of in our absence.

03/22/2015

REBECCA A.

Jan is wonderful. She visits our pets three times a day, feeds them, opens and closes the house, turns lights on and off, brings in the newspaper and mail and makes our house look lived in. She writes a note on each visit and calls us with any concerns. We would recommend Jan to anyone.

Description of Work
Jan cares for our three dogs and two cats whenever we are away. The price listed is for six visits over three days.

06/11/2014

REBECCA A.

As always Jan's care of our pets is phenomenal. She feeds our pets, plays with them & pampers them in our absence. Any time there is anything of question she calls us (nothing this visit). She leaves us detailed notes on each visit.

Description of Work
Jan comes in three times daily when we are out of town & tends to our three dogs & two cats. In addition she brings in our paper & mail & turns lights on & off making our home look "lived in".

11/06/2013

Carol C.

Perfectly! She is a top notch professional and truly likes our dogs which makes all the difference. They love her too! 3 terriers can be a handful and handles them with ease. So happy to have her help when we need it.

Description of Work
Let our 3 dogs out to go potty. played with them and left us written feedback as to what happened while we were gone.

08/16/2012

Katherine Northup K.

We started using Jan when we got our Labradoodle almost 5 years ago. She has walked him almost every week day since we hired her. We adopted a second dog about a year ago and now Jan walks both dogs. She has been there whenever we've needed help. Jan has teken care of our pets when we went on vacation, Feeding our 2 dogs and three cats breakfast and dinner. We've never had to board any of our animals because Jan was always there for us. She is EXCELLENT with all our pets and treats them like her own. Our dogs love to see her. She has even sent us pictures from the walks. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jan to take care of your pets.

Description of Work
We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. Jan walks our dogs every week day. She has benn walking our dogs for almost 5 years. Rain or shine summer and winter. She has taken care of all of our animals when we have gone on vacation. When we are out of town she has walked the dogs 3 times a day and fed all the animals breakfast and dinner and changed the litter for the cats, She has been there for us if we needed extra help. Jan is excellent with the animals. Treating them all like they were her pets. Our dogs are always wagging there tails when Jan arrives

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

07/19/2012

Polly S.

We cannot say enough about how fantastic, professional, and reliable Jan is!

Description of Work
Jan has become part of our "family" and has provided daily walks & amazing TLC & care for my 2 large dogs for over 5 years. As a single person who often travels for work, I needed someone I could rely on unconditionally & even call in case of emergency for unplanned extra visits when my travels caused delays from me getting home on time. Jan provides all that and more. Her professionalism and true compassion for my fur kids has surpassed any other petsitter I have ever employeed. She was with us thru the passing of my two previous dogs, and then arranged to get me right back into her busy daily visits after I went thru the mourning process and decided to adopt two adult rescue dogs...for any one who has no idea of the challenges that an adult rescue dog can be, let me just assure you they tend to have a lot of fears and unusual phobias. Jan has helped nuture and encourage my "new" fur kids over the past 3 years since I adopted them and her influence in helping them adjust to "normal" life in a loving home has been amazing. She has helped them thru various fears including extreme thunderstorm fear (break thru glass kinda fear, not just shiver under the bed) thru giving them cainine massage and animal reiki treatments. We would be lost with out her and just cannot say how fabulous she is!

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

05/02/2012

MARY P.

I have used her services for over 4 yrs. my animals love her and always benefit from her love and care to them. She is always aware of the emotional needs when they miss me. Always provides excellent service monitoring/providing support for my animals, monitoring house and mail. Provides excellent updates and progress notes on the animals. I highly recommend anyone needing a pet sitter

Description of Work
She visited my 3 dogs and pet bird for a month while I was in the hospital.

01/15/2011

WILLIAM D.

I had another pet sitter who cut back on her work last summer. She recommended Jan as a replacement. Jan stopped for an interview. It was done very professionally (in much the same way as my previous pet sitter). Jan was thorough in getting all the details of what needed to be done during a visit. She got all the information about dealing with problem situations - all my contact information, how to contact the vet, the medical history, etc. Even on the things I wasn't overly particular about, she seemed to want to find out exactly how I wanted things done. Since then, Jan has made over 20 visits. I couldn't be more pleased with her work. I think my cats like her too. During the time period, there have been a couple of emergency situations for me where I had to go out of town. Jan was available on very short notice. She went out of her way to be flexible. Many her visits were for times when I was away for a fairly short period - maybe a day and a half. It's possible to just leave the cats alone for that kind of time period. I've done it before, even with the one getting medication. I just feel a whole lot better about it when I have her make a visit. There have been some times when I was away for a more extended period. Jan has done well with those times too. I don't think she has ever not been available when I needed her. I don't think there has ever been a problem of any kind with any of her visits.

Description of Work
Pet Sitting Visit Feed, pet, play with 2 cats. Give medication to 1 of the cats. Check on house. Bring in mail. Write up report.

02/16/2009

JILL C.

It's a wonderful service. She does a great job and even cares for plants and other things as well when we're away. She is very consciouses.

Description of Work
We've hired Jan's to care for our 2 cats. Price noted was a daily rate.

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Satisfaction

Pet Sitting for dogs and cats, as well as your caged, feathered, and finned family members. Daily dog walking services. Vacation or business travel pet care. Overnight pet sitting and house sitting. Canine massage. Animal Reiki.

BOARDING PETS IN MY HOME is not offered.