Dan's Carpet & Laminates

Founded 1970 • With Angi since March 2007

398 Hearthstone Dr

Delaware, OH 43015

Dan's Carpet and Laminates started in 1970 and after 45 years we are proud to say that we are still family owned and operated! We are committed to providing you the highest quality flooring products and installation. Shop from the comfort of your own home! We will bring samples to your home, measure the job and discuss product and installation options and leave you with an accurate quote that we will guarantee to be correct....

05/17/2022

Tracy B.

We were in need of both carpet and Laminate in our home. Dan came over with samples and did all of the measuring needed. We set a date for them to come out and install and they got the job done. Our house looks great and things couldn't have gone better. I know that I can call them if I have any issues and have a personal service that you get with a smaller company. Will use them again.

Description of Work
flooring for multiple rooms in our home

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

[Member Name Removed] & [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure working for you and we are very happy to see your nice testimony on Angie. If added work is needed don't hesitate to call. Thanks, Dan & Todd

04/02/2021

Kristen E.

Short Review: Hired Dan's Carpet and Laminates for a major job (complete re-flooring of house). 1st floor replaced with vinyl wood and 2nd floor replaced with new carpet. Completed work in 6 weeks, which included tearing out all previous materials in house, fixing 50%+ of subflooring, adding new carpet/vinyl, and completing mold to match wood trim around house. Excellent customer service - very straightforward on pricing and expectations. Long Review: There are not enough good things that I can say about Dan and Dan's Carpet and Laminates. My husband and I recently purchased a house that was slightly older and needed some considerable renovations from a cosmetic perspective (built in 1984 - original flooring). I originally hired Dan due to the high rating in BBB and it held to my expectations. Dan and his son Todd, came out to the house to provide a very thorough inspection, provided a clear starting point with identified risks for increase in time/money in project, and accommodated to our available $ range that we could afford. He also connected with us to a great flooring wholesaler that he works with and had excellent customer service to pick the right flooring options for your house. When the job started, it was initially expected to be completed within 4 weeks; however, as Dan and Todd starting removing the older flooring, we came across some unfortunate, unforeseen discoveries in our subflooring that resulted in an increase in $ and time delay for project completion. Dan was very straightforward and clear about what he could and could not do, and was able to complete and mitigate the issues fairly quickly, resulting in a 2 week delay. In total, the team of 2 was successfully able to renovate our house's flooring ENTIRELY within 6 weeks and it's amazing how different the flooring is. There are little to no squeaks, and the house inside looks completely modernized and safe for our young kids to play on. I would recommend Dan and Todd to anyone in the greater Columbus area, and plan to hire them again if we ever need any flooring assistance. This company is a serious gem, and above all, a family business. They are affordable, kind, accommodating, and truly make you feel like you're part of their family. Thank you so much for making our renovation period easy and seamless!

Description of Work
Major Job: Complete reflooring of house

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the nice review. You and your husband were great to work for. If for any reason you need us please call. Thanks, Dan & Todd

08/30/2020

Jeanne Z.

Floors replaced and molding attached with accuracy and professionally. They took much pride in their work and very happy.

Description of Work
Floors replaced in 2 bathrooms, kitchen, entry way and laundry room

Category flooring contractor, woodworking

Thank you for the nice review. It was great to work for you. If for any reason you need us please call. Thanks, Dan & Todd

08/28/2020

ERNST W.

Work was great - slight delay when virus shut everything down. Good people to work with.

Description of Work
Install floor

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, woodworking

01/07/2020

Doran C.

Perfectly. No need to cut and/or splice

Description of Work
Carpet stretching

Category carpet installation

Thanks for the great ratings. It was our pleasure to help you with your flooring issue. If there's ever a need for additional work do not hesitate to call. Our son Todd and I sell and install all types of flooring. Thanks for your service! Dan

04/28/2019

mark K.

Dan and his son Todd were awesome to work with. Dan helped us select the right quality vinyl for our kitchen that would be water resistant and work well in our kitchen. The price was much less than other quotes we got. Dan is concerned with satisfying the customer with quality material installed at a competitive price. When additional work became necessary Dan made sure we were satisfied customers for life by doing the additional work at a mutually agreed upon price. Todd did most of the work and was a true professional. Dan and Todd quickly were like old friends who I would not only trust but recommend or use again in the future for all my flooring needs

Description of Work
We had our ceramic tile removed and luxury vinyl installed

Category flooring contractor

Thanks for the great review. Sorry that this took so long to get back on this, I guess that I missed it. If you need any further flooring needs please let us know. Thanks!

02/23/2019

Laura S.

I had a very good experience with Dan and his helper. The work was done well with thorough clean-up afterward.

Description of Work
looking for new carpet

Category carpet installation

Thanks for the great review!! Thank you for allowing us to work for you. If our services are ever need again please do not hesitate to call.

10/19/2018

Glenn M.

Excellent. Bid price was slightly lower than competition, but scope was more inclusive of finishing work so much more value. When work started Dan and Todd provided good production and lots of attention to detail and communication on issues and options throughout the job.

Description of Work
Completed a major flooring project by installing luxury vinyl flooring in the first floor of our house.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thanks for the great review!! Thank you for allowing us to work for you. If our services are ever needed again please do not hesitate to call.

05/30/2018

Terry R.

I never purchased carpet from Dans Carpet. However, Dans Carpet (DC) did come out to my home to provide samples and estimate to install for approximately 1500 square feet. I was in the process of getting other estimates from other suppliers to make a cost comparison. I know there will be an extensive rebuttal to this review by DC as there are with all other reviews that are less than an A. However, I feel my experience will help others make a decision and is similar to some of the other poor reviews. The reasons I did not hire DC and also did not get an estimate from DC are: 1) DC got lost trying to find my home and called me. When I tried to give directions, I was not listened to. DC was late getting to my home and then spent over two hours there. 2) When DC arrived, the person estimating asked to borrow paper, pen, and a tape measure as none of the items needed to measure were brought to my home! If I did not have a tape measure then nothing could have been done and this was AFTER two weeks of planning and scheduling this time to visit. 3) the carpet samples shown me to select from were inferior lower grade but I was never given an actual price per square foot or yard which is standard. So I could never do an appropriate comparison between suppliers. I never saw a sample carpet pad to select from. When I asked I was just told “oh you’ll get this grade carpet pad”, which was meaningless to me. The carpet pad is an important piece of the purchase. 4) I asked about carpet durability and density and was told I “needed to research that on the internet because he didn’t know”. 5) I asked to see the frieze type of carpet which DC brought up in my first call to them as a potential carpet. BUT there weren’t any samples to show me! 6) I asked about removing the carpet and was told they don’t charge for that. Then when I asked how long does it take DC to remove it, I was told, “you just pretend you’re sitting on a Greyhound bus getting ready to go on vacation and let us take care of it”. When I explained I need to know as I work and will need to plan to take the time off, he changed the subject to where I work, where his wife works. I never rec’d an answer. All in all, I felt patronized, none of my questions were answered, DC seemed unorganized and took a lot of my time with endless anecdotes about how great the family business is. I thought about it for a day and told DC I did not need them to estimate anything. I received what I felt was a very rude text response. In summary I think the buyer should be wary if the estimate does not separate out the cost of the material from the installation fees. This way you know what grade of carpet you are getting. Otherwise it could be very cheap carpet and you’re paying mostly for installation. Do not accept a single price for everything.

Description of Work
Carpet sales and installation

11/13/2017

Keith B.

so great, even trimmed a block of wood that was exposed for me at no additional charge. Both Dan and his son could not have been nicer people. small family business with great prices and excellent work, HIGHLY recomend!!

Description of Work
had carpet installed in 1 room

Category carpet installation

Thank you for your kind testimony. It was a pleasure working for you. Your communications with us was handled very well. Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

10/05/2017

Danielle S.

Dan's carpet was excellent. They do a beautiful job and was so thorough. I loved how dedicated they were to do the job perfectly! A family owned business who made you feel that your home was the most important job they had! You were not just a number.

Description of Work
We had laminate installed in our whole upstairs rooms. - 3 bedrooms & hallway.

Category flooring contractor

Appreciate the great testimony. It was an honor working for you and your family and we really appreciate your trust in us while you both were away. Happy Holidays!!

04/15/2017

Joel L.

I had a great experience with Dan Corwin of Dan's Carpet. Instead of selling me a job I didn't need, he told me how to save money and fix the problem myself. He is a very nice guy and he gave us tips on how to address the situation with our carpet. I would not hesitate to call him next time we have flooring needs.

Description of Work
Carpet replacement

Category carpet installation

Thanks for the kind testimony, very much appreciated. Also, if any time that you need further service for your flooring, do not hesitate to call. I can be reached at 740-272-2200. It was also very nice meeting you and your wife.

04/10/2017

Jane W.

I highly recommend this family owned company! Dan went above and beyond to make sure the job was done right. Not only were they the best estimate we received, I feel as if we received top of the line service. Because it's Dan and his son doing all of the work themselves, it does probably take a little longer to compete a job. That didnt bother us one bit, though. We are thrilled with our new carpet, and would recommend them to anyone looking for honest and trustworthy installation!

Description of Work
Carpeting 4 bedrooms and our family room

Category carpet installation

A special thanks to you and your husband for allowing Dan's Carpet to work for you. You guys are great people and your patience was very much appreciated. If you remember there was a lot of squeaks that we repaired before we starting installing the new flooring. It would be a pleasure to work for you and your husband again. Thanks!! P.S. We found the key:)

09/30/2016

Jennifer D.

It went well. It was don very well.

Description of Work
layed carpet and wood flooring

Category carpet installation

Thank you for your testimony. Happy Holidays!!

09/28/2016

Keith D.

An amazing experience. They went above and beyond our expectations and our floors look amazing. They were very friendly, professional and fantastic with our young kids. I would never hesitate to refer my friends and family to this company.

Description of Work
Carpet laid in 3 bedrooms and flooring in entire upstairs area and entry way

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you very much for the great testimony. It was a pleasure working for you and your family (and your dad). Todd and Cory spoke highly of you and your family. We appreciate the hospitality and allowing Dan's Carpet to work for you. If for any reason you need to call on us, please do not hesitate. Have a great New Year.

09/25/2016

Crystal S.

During our initial meeting my husband and I were very impressed at how friendly Dan was and how knowledgeable about his products and the install that he was. Dan also didn't try to sell us the most expensive product, Instead he recommended what would work best for our living situation and allowed us time to make our own decision. During the install his sons were so gracious, professional and timely! I didn't at all feel uncomfortable having them in my home while my husband was at work. Upon completion, my husband and I were satisfied although Dan was not. The angle of the bottom of our stairs was very tricky and Dan is a perfectionist. He came out and asked to redo the bottom base of our stairs that were angled. We were blown away by the way Dan treated us as if he was installing this carpet in his own home. He wanted it perfect. The carpet is so comfortable and it looks so great! We would recommend Dan and his sons to anyone!

Description of Work
Dan's carpet Installed new carpet in our stairs, loft area and in our two bedrooms.

07/15/2016

Kathie E.

Dan's Carpet & Laminates did a fabulous job with my flooring. Dan helped me in the flooring selection process with good ideas. He did everything he promised including moving furniture and cutting quarter round to finish the rooms. His pricing was better than the big box stores. His workers were clean, polite and professional. They came when they promised and cleaned up each day. I couldn't ask for a better experience. Dan's Carpet will definitely be the first company I call in the future for my flooring.

Description of Work
Dan removed linoleum in the kitchen, laundry room, family room and 1/2 bath and replaced it with inter-locking, laminate.

04/21/2016

Rob M.

I used Dan's Carpet and Laminates because I remember the quality, ease, and flexibility they brought to the table (er, floor!) from TEN YEARS AGO! And I was so impressed to find that they are still the same top-notch folks that made such a great impression the first time. On time, courteous, professional, friendly, honest, and down-to-earth.

Description of Work
New carpeting in my home.

Category carpet installation

It was great working with you and your family again. Thanks so much for the testimony. If there's any additional work that you need do not hesitate to call. Thanks again!!

03/14/2016

BARRY & ADONNA B.

We bought nice carpet from Lowe's about four year's ago, and had someone they contract with install it. We'll never do that again. The carpet in the living room and dining room began to bubble. We contacted Lowe's and they would not warranty the installation. We called Dan's Carpet Care and Laminates to get an estimate to re-stretch the two rooms of carpet. Dan was able to give me an estimate over the phone. Dan's son Todd arrived on time. They proceeded to re-stretch the two rooms of carpet. They have a different way of stretching the carpet. Most contractors use a kick method where they hit it with their knee to "stretch" the carpet. Todd used something that went the whole width of the room and stretched the carpet. I know nothing about stretching carpet, but I can tell you Todd's way looked a lot more professional and reliable. It looked great when they were done. They helped me move a couple pieces of furniture as well. Great guys. They also warranty their work for three years. Nice.

Description of Work
Re-stretched two rooms of carpet.

Category carpet installation

Thanks so much for the nice words and also for allowing Dan's Carpet to work for you on the re-stretching project. Being a small family owned business as we are since 1970 it's sometimes hard to attract clients with flooring needs. As you mentioned we guarantee all of our jobs rather it be carpet cleaning or sales of any new flooring and we do not hesitate to respond to all added services. So Todd and I say again Thank you very much for this testimony that I have reviewed on Angie's List.

06/14/2015

Marc L.

Went really well. Dan is a very nice individual. He and his wife came out for the quote. His son did the installation. We ft along really well and could trust them. They ran out of carpet for a very small piece within my kids playhouse. It did take them a couple of months to come back to finish but believe this is not their norm and was for a very good reason. No harm on my end. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Laid 6lb padding and carpet to a newly finished 700 sqft of basement.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

[Member name removed], thank you so much for the testimony and the opportunity to work for you both. Your trust in us by allowing us to be in your home while you both gone means a lot to our family owned operation. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to call. Also, remember the beauty of your floor is the pride of our business.

01/25/2015

Anil S.

Dan and his son provided good estimates for the carpet job, but Dan took himself out of the running due to his health issues. No service was performed.

Description of Work
They provided estimates for installing new carpet.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

We truly appreciated the opportunity. I am truly sorry that I was unable to continue with the sale, however, I was having issues with my back as you knew. I did have surgery, and I am feeling a lot better.

01/22/2015

Carrie S.

Dan did a great job on our carpet repairs, you can't tell there were any problems. He even helped remove a couple of spots of nail polish for me for no additional charge. The only negative was that he didn't show up when scheduled & didn't call ahead to let me know he wouldn't be able to make it on time.

Description of Work
Dan repaired a torn seam and loose carpet on our steps.

Category carpet installation

Thanks for the review. I'm sure happy to hear that the work was satisfactory to you. I truly apologize for not calling to let you know what was going on. Thanks again!

11/08/2014

Tammy S.

Called back and scheduled a time quickly

Description of Work
Replaced and pieced in matching, undamaged carpet

Category carpet installation

Thanks for the testimony and rating. We appreciated the opportunity to work for you. Please let your family and friends know about us. Thanks, Dan

10/01/2014

Toni G.

Service not provided due to no response from the company

Description of Work
I did not receive a response to an email for an estimate so I used another provider, Carpet Repair Service

Category carpet installation

(member name removed), WOW, maybe before you decide to give a rating on a professional company like ours you need to find out the true reasoning as to why our professional company did not return your e-mail (we were on vacation, I had everything shut down for 3 weeks). Sorry we missing the opportunity.

09/25/2014

Donna L.

We bought a better carpet and it was much heavier. The guys worked hard to move it and get it exact. It took them alot of time but they did a very nice job.All else went well. No problems.

Description of Work
Took up old carpet and padding in dinning room, living room, large hall and stairway. Layed new pad and carpet in the same area plus took up tile and replaced with pad and carpet on stairway landing.

Category carpet installation

(member name removed), Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you again. It means a lot to our business to get repeated business from the same people because it shows exactly what our business does for our customers. Enjoy your new home and thanks for the cookies.