Stahl Vision

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2008

4235 Indian Ripple Rd Ste 100

Dayton, OH 45440

Customer care focused! Dayton area leader in quality eyecare. There are 4 doctors at this site. LASIK Surgery is performed at this site. Full spectrum of medical and surgical eye care is provided: LASIK, cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, routine exams, plus urgent/emergent eye problems. Care is coordinated as needed with local optometrists. Patient volume is approximately 100 patients per day. Ambulatory surgery center is in same building (Eye Laser and Surgery Center). There are 2 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. To see if a provider is board certified, visit abms.org...

06/23/2016

Cindy B.

Horrible. I do not have cataracts, but I wanted to improve my distance vision while still being able to focus on near objects, and I had read about new lenses that would provide what I wanted. Good distance vision is vital in my profession and glasses are often a hindrance. I cannot wear contact lenses due to dry eyes. Dr. Stahl recommended Crystalens and preformed the procedure on my right eye with plans to do the left eye at a later date. After the surgery, I was given exercises to do and a pair of readers to use. Apparently, the expectation was that I would need the readers temporarily because of my "improved" distance vision, and no matter how many times I tried to explain to Dr. Stahl and/or his staff that my vision had not improved so the readers were making it impossible for me to see near objects, he did not listen. I did all of the exercises as instructed (in reading glasses that nearly blinded me) and after the initial "breaking in" period during which my new lens should have adjusted, I was finally given an eye exam which concluded that my distance vision was nearly exactly what it was before the surgery. In addition, the eye was (and still is) uncomfortable and although the vision tested about the same as before, everything looked bleary, like I was looking through saran wrap that had been placed over my eye. The discomfort and bleariness persist after a year and a half. Dr. Stahl offered to do another procedure (or two) to try to improve the vision in my damaged eye, but I did not trust him to do further work - what if he made it even worse? Overall, my experience with Stahl Vision was terrible. I was treated like a part on an assembly line. If you have questions, you better hope that the staff knows the answers, because Dr. Stahl seems to allot a very short amount of time per patient. On one occasion, he walked out of the room while I was in mid-sentence asking him a question. His assistant looked very embarrassed and tried to ease my anxieties, but if this had happened prior to the procedure, I probably would have walked out the door. The only time I felt I was given any personal attention from Dr. Stahl was after it was all over and I was near tears because of the outcome. I consulted with another eye specialist in Cincinnati shortly after my bad experience. A member of the staff there confided in me that their office has seen a number of patients who are trying to correct mistakes made by Stahl Vision. I just received in the mail a coupon from Stahl Vision for a free lasik exam and $1500 off Lasik surgery, which is what prompted me to write this review so many months after my negative experience. My advice would be to make the trip to Cincinnati if you are in the market for eye surgery; don't risk your eyesight with Stahl Vision.

Description of Work
Refractive lens replacement surgery

03/11/2015

Christine B.

They are wonderful and I highly recommend them. They were wonderful. They annually go abroad to several countries as doctors are in need and perform eye surgery on very poor people for free. They are just outstanding people and outstanding at what they do. In California I've had previous surgery on my eyes and when I had these cataracts I took a fall so there was trauma. Stahl Vision gave me almost perfect vision. It was a lot worse than just cataract and Dr. Knowles pulled through for me completely hundred percent. They run the most efficient office and all of their people are very professional. Dr. Knowles had been the head eye surgeon. They are just unbelievably good. I cannot recommend them more highly. I even passed my driver's test without glasses. I'm incredibly lucky that they did the operations for me.

Description of Work
I went to Stahl Vision for Lasik eye care and Dr. Knowles was my surgeon. They did the cataract surgery on me.

Category optometrist, lasik

03/11/2015

It was a lot worse than just cataract and Dr. Knowles pulled through for me completely hundred percent. Dr. Knowles had been the head eye surgeon. I'm incredibly lucky that they did the operations for me.

Description of Work
Dr. Knowles did cataract surgery on me.

02/13/2015

It was wonderful! If I had known that I would be treated with such friendliness and that the operation would be so easy, I would have had this done much earlier. Everybody in the office, from the receptionist to the surgeon himself, was as friendly and encouraging as can be.

Description of Work
I had cataract surgery in one eye.

03/24/2014

kathy K.

Dr. Stahl runs his practice very efficiently and customer service was outstanding. Everyone in the office, including Dr. Stahl, is very courteous. I really like that in each area there is a TV and most of the time HGTV was on. My husband, my son and myself went in with the plan that all three of us would have surgery, but after evaluations Dr. Stahl did not recommend my husband for surgery. This indicated he was not just about the money but made decisions in the best interest of the patient. I, too expected to have surgery on both eyes but again, Dr. Stahl recommended monovision, so I had surgery on one eye. He recommended my son have both eyes. My son, 28 years old and for the first time since he was 6 years old, he is not wearing glasses. His vision is outstanding. He is so happy with the results.

Description of Work
lasik surgery

10/31/2013

Ken W.

To summarize, I'd highly recommend this office (and Dr. Stahl in particular) for cataract surgery treatment. I was treated well, Dr. Stahl was very good at answering my questions (I read up a bit on the Web and generally had two or three each visit), and the results were very good. I originally started my visits in May 2013 to see if Dr. Stahl could correct some of the issues I had with PRK I received in 1996. During the visit he spotted cataracts in both eyes and the decision was made to replace the lenses instead. In my case there were a total of nine visits required after my initial contact; an initial physical evaluation combined with a comprehensive eye measurement, the actual procedures (one of each eye), and three post-operative visits fo reach eye. There was a lapse of a few months between the original appointment and the surgery mainly because Dr. Stahl wanted to see if I could track down my pre-PRK prescription (the Veterans Adminstration came through on this one) and also because I spent some time making up my mind whether I wanted both eyes with lenses sighted for distance or, instead, have one eye set up for reading and the other set up for distance. I eventually made the decision to have a lens inserted in my left eye to make it near-sighted (so I could read without glasses) and a lens in my right eye to give me distance vision.Based on post-operative checks, he got very close - my left (near-sighted) eye ended up at a focal distance of 20and quot; (instead of the targeted 26and quot;), which actually worked out better for reading anyway, and my right eye, based on their measurements, had no refractive error at all (I also visited my regular optometrist the same week and his measurements were close to these). I'm happy with this arrangement - distance vision is not quite as sharp (it's still 20/20 in the right eye; it's just that two eyes with 20/20 might give a crisper picture) but it's a real convenience not to have to wear reading glasses for close-up work. Dr. Stahl's office handles a lot of patients, so prospective patients should plan on visits lasting a bit longer than normal (compared to typical visits to medical offices). That was my experience, anyway; a typical checkup consisting of a few minutes of tests by an assistant and a few minutes of examination and conversation with Dr. Stahl would keep me there for anywhere between an hour and and hour and fifteen minutes. Overall, though, I was very pleased with the results and the way I was treated.

Description of Work
Cataract surgery was performed on both eyes by Dr. Stahl in Aug/Sep 2013

Category ophthalmology, lasik

09/20/2013

Robert B.

,the latest equipment and great doctors.The whole process has gone extremely well due to a good staff

Description of Work
Was advised to get cataracts treated.Chose Stall after reasearching doctors in the area. Left eye done 4 days ago and vision has improved remarkably. Going for righ eye in a few weeks.

09/16/2013

Stephen W.

Overall, I'm very happy I had LASIK. 1 month out I still have halos and starbursts which and quot;shouldand quot; go away after 10 weeks. They are very efficient, and but quicker than others in town. Their costs are similar from what I can tell. He's quick with his bedside manner, but, thorough as far as I can tell. The optometrist that exams you will barely acknowledge your existence. At times I felt rushed, but, I'm not sure that would change the outcome, you still get good quality I think.

Description of Work
For LASIK surgery, met with his optometrist and Dr. Stahl

09/09/2013

Kevin L.

Exactly as described. Brian Stahl is the consummate professional in every way.

Description of Work
Vision correction.

03/27/2013

JOHN D.

Staff and Doctor are extremely professional and friendly. Each step is explained as you go through the exam procedure. I have been going to Stahl for about 5 years and have always been extremely pleased with their eye exam and also my cataract procedures that Dr. Knowles handled.

Description of Work
All my contacts over the past 5 years with Dr. Knowles and Stahl Vision in general have been excellent. Dr. Knowles and his staff provide a very excellent examination of your eyes. Dr. Knowles did both of my cataract surgeries and was extremely helpful and not pushy about scheduling the procedures.

02/15/2013

Janice M.

Very Satisfied !! Dr. Stahl is an asset to our area. I think everyone should put they're eyes in trust to him. He is a very smart surgeon with a lot of years doing this. We should all be grateful that we have his expertise here in Ohio.

Description of Work
Cataract Evaluation and Surgery. I first went to Angies list to read some of the reviews for Catact Surgeons in my area which is Kettering Ohio. I chose Stahl Vision because of the good reviews and it's only a few minutes drive from where i live. From my first few appointments thru the surgery for the first eye done (which was 3 days ago) I have to say that i was very impressed with the quality of care and all the impressive state of the art equipment used for evaluation. They did all kinds of painless tests to be sure everything was perfect before my operation. Everyone was was very helpful to explain each and every step that they were doing and i liked that.. I'am 73 years old and have to have surgery on both eyes. I can't believe the huge difference in my left eye after surgery! I'am still recouping and couldn't wait to write a review !

Category ophthalmology, lasik

02/05/2013

JOHN D.

Everything went perfectly. Time spent at procedure was shorter than expected and completely painless. I was very anxious but they were very kind and reassured me. Folowup appointment one week after was longer than i expected because i wrongly assumed there would be no dilation involved. My bad not theirs. Makes sense to do dilation to ensure eye has healed etc.

Description of Work
Yag procedure for encapsulation after catarac removal. Great experience. No problems. They are very professional and nice people.

12/18/2012

Ronald R.

I was able to get an appointment within 3 days. Everyone I was in contact with was punctual. I only waited 2 mins. between tests.

Description of Work
Suddenly I noticed floaters in my left eye. Because of my concern plus I was overdue for a check-up, I made an appointment ASAP. Dr. Moser was very personable and professional. She was very clear and informative.

Category optometrist

06/28/2012

Beth W.

He was fabulous. He was very professional and very caring, and explained it all in detail. He went through everything. I can still see really well. I don’t remember having any difficulties with appointments, and I always got into his office. The staff was very friendly.

Description of Work
I used Dr. Stahl for Lasik eye care. His practice is called Stahl Vision and Eye Laser and Surgery Center.

04/23/2012

I love him. He made me see with pout glasses. He did a corrective vision where my right eye is for distance and my left eye is for reading. He is great. It has really been a good experience. I think he is great. He took really good care of me. He called me the night of the surgery at my house to make sure I was all right.

Description of Work
Dr. Stahl did my Lasik surgery.

04/17/2012

The service was excellent. The office is very inviting for customers with coffee and such provided. Dr. Knowles, who is a partner, was an air force doctor and we knew him personally before we starting using him. We haven't had any problems with them.

Description of Work
I use Dr. Stahl for my eye care needs.

04/06/2012

He was the leading guy when I used him for Lasik eye care. He is not cheap but I do not mind when it comes to dealing with my eyes. I had absolutely no problem with the outcome. He is top notch and very professional. I would use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. Stahl is my Lasik eye care doctor.

02/26/2012

It was not what I wanted to hear, but I'm glad he had the professionalism to put my interests first. He took time to explain exactly how the lenses of my eye are no longer round, which makes me very susceptible to poor outcomes with LASIK. I'm 46 years old and have worn contacts since I was 15. I'm in good health, so the issue with my eyes was a surprise. There is a $150 fee for the evaluation, which is applied to the cost of the surgery, if you go ahead and have the surgery. He did NOT charge me for the evaluation, since I was not a good candidate.

Description of Work
Dr Stahl will tell you if you are not a candidate for LASIK. He flat-out refused to do the surgery on my eyes. I want to tell everyone considering LASIK that he is EXACTLY the type of doctor you want working on your eyes. You do NOT want to work with a doctor that will take chances with your eyes. Initial evaluation for LASIK surgery. I went to Stahl as co-workers and family said he was the best in the Miami Valley.

02/05/2012

I had cataract surgery on my right eye since vision in that eye had deteriorated considerably in recent years. The surgery went well and I now have slightly better than 20/20 vision in that eye for distant vision. Of course reading glasses are still required for near vision. The surgery was painless and there were no complications. The doctor and staff were all very personable and professional.

Description of Work
Cataract Surgery on right eye.

12/09/2011

Patricia S.

The surgery was a piece of cake. No pain.

Description of Work
I had cataracts and was also terribly nearsighted. I previously had a retina tear and some kind of film that had formed on the back of my right eye so surgery was somewhat iffy on that eye. Dr. Stahl removed the cataracts and inserted a lens in both eyes. Then at a later date performed lasik on both eyes. My eye sight with the left eye is great and with my right eye is much better than what either of us thought it would be. I can pass the driver's test without glasses!!

Category ophthalmology, optometrist, lasik

09/22/2011

I have been using him for number of year. The one thing that stands out about him is I called him once, concerned about something at 10:30 in the night, and I got a call back from him in 10 minutes. It's rather surprised me. He is also involved in helping the underprivileged in other countries to do eye surgeries. He has a program that he does, and it is a good thing. The office environment is pretty good. I haven't had any issues, and he is certainly not cranky.

Description of Work
Dr. Stahl is my ophthalmologist. My recent visit was this morning for general check-up.

09/12/2011

Jim D.

It went well. Always impressed by friendly and knowledgeable staff. Questions are answered. Excellent service and skilled physicians..

Description of Work
Eye exam

Category ophthalmology, optometrist

07/26/2011

Terrence G.

My vision had deteriorated significantly in the right eye and was getting worse in the left eye. After some research, I chose Stahl Vision to do the corrective surgery. At first I was apprehensive about the experience because I had never had eye surgery before, but knew it was necessary because of the poor sight in my right eye. In addition, Stahl Vision seems to handle a very large patient load, and I had some anxiety about whether this would affect the quality of my treatment. Thankfully, these fears were needless. The examinations and pre-planning went very well, and the surgeon, Dr. Knowles, anticipated and answered all of my questions. When I awoke from the first surgery in February, I was astounded at the improvement in my vision. It was like I had been living in an old black and white movie, and woke up that day into one in brilliant technicolor. Dr. Knowles and his staff provided excellent guidance on the post-surgery eye drops and care regimen, and my eye healed up with no trouble. The first surgery went so well that I approached the second one with confidence, and it did go just as well as the first one. I have nothing but praise for the way these surgeries were handled from beginning to end. My distance vision has improved dramatically to 20-20, and the only glasses I use now are inexpensive off-the-shelf ones for reading. I would recommend Dr. Knowles and Stahl Vision to anyone who needs cataract surgery.

Description of Work
I received cataract surgery on both eyes.

06/10/2011

My visit went perfectly. Everything was perfect.

Description of Work
He is my eye doctor. I last went for eye surgery.

03/19/2011

Bob H.

Went very well, I now have 20/20 vision. Dr. Knowles was very good, gentle and caring. The follow-up appointments were good and efficient. All information for post opp was given to me before hand, so I know exactly what to expect and what to do after the operations. I would recommend Stahl Vision and Dr. Knowles to anyone.

Description of Work
Operated on right eye first and left eye approx. 5 weeks later

Eye Care - LASIK
    Eye Care - Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - Optometry
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Ophthalmology, LASIK & Refractive Surgery, Cataract & Refractive Lens Surgery, Glaucoma & Diabetic Eye Care, General Exams, Urgent & Emergent Eye Problems.

Pediatric Ophthalmology. Contact Lens Exams. Make & Sell Spectacles & Glasses.