Ohio State University Hospital

With Angi since June 2009

410 W 10th Ave

Columbus, OH 43210

Additional address - 1910 Crown Park Ct, Columbus, Ohio 43210. Additional phones - (614) 293-8000, (614) 293-8944....

08/09/2014

They're good with individual attention and being familiar with you, your health and the attention that they give to you as a patient. I think that's part of their women's clinic. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I went there for my annual check up.

Category gastroenterology

06/10/2014

I was admitted to the ER in a timely fashion and about 24 hours later admitted to the hospital.

Description of Work
Went to the ER due to an ICAD that was discovered on an MRA.

09/15/2013

Everything went as planned and as outlined ahead of time by physician. I am writing this 3 weeks 3 days post op and will update as rehab continues. This will be an overall good review but I will start with areas that might be of concern to some to balance my review. OSU East Hospital had little rating information available and some other rating services did not rank it all that highly but I chose it as the only location my surgeon, Dr. Grant Jones-OSU, uses. I was pleased that I saw no problems at all. It is not one of the new, resort styled hospitals which my wife has used but I did not need that atmosphere. The pre surgery waiting area is also the family waiting area and gets crowded, my wife missed the initial Dr. report on surgery outcome because she elected to wait elsewhere--but the Dr. did make himself available later to report to her. They use a message board system to keep the family informed of surgery progress, each patient is a code number to protect privacy. Be sure your family keeps up to date with that system so they are available in the waiting room when Dr. stops in to report. The pre-op area where I.V.s are started, final patient briefing takes place, and anesthesia begins is a large ward style room with patient beds separated only by curtains, I could hear other discussions from several beds around me. Again, this was no concern for me, but be aware. I was actually re-assured by it as others were in for the same surgery as me by a colleague of my Dr's.-evidence of experience. The best, and I think most meaningful information to understand from this review is that the staff seemed on top of everything. I had a nurse in charge of my case that reviewed everything with me before she proceeded and another nurse was constantly in the area floating from bed to bed helping out where and when needed. All procedures including I.V, which was started after a pin p**** administration of Lydocaine to numb the area (my first experience with that, I give blood regularly and didn't need it but must say it is an improvement) went well. My surgeon visited pre-op just as my nurse had predicted, and correctly identified me, the procedure, and initialed my shoulder to avoid any possibility of working on the wrong limb! The anesthesist and his assistant introduced themselves and administered a general anesthetic (the last thing I remember) and a nerve block with echo guidance, all went smoothly and wore off as predicted. General within an hour of my surgery completion and the nerve block about 24 hours after-again as predicted and as desired for pain control. I had absolutely no nausea from anesthesia and only a mild sore throat from the inturbation for airway for anesthesia which lasted about 36 hours. I was out of surgery and on my way home within 4 hours of my scheduled surgery start time, with no misgivings as I was clear headed and no pain (nerve block). I had no evidence of any infection generally or at the 5 entry areas for the arthroscopic devices. I had been given an IV antibiotic and a 10 day follow up tablet antibiotic, and two prescription opiate based tablets for follow up pain control which I was able to discontinue after 8 days post op, having used only about 50% of the prescription and never coming close to using the maximum dosage at any one time. I used regular strength tylenol, two per night, for one week after the initial 8 days of prescription pain medicine, but have been able to forego that also for the last 10 days. Billing by the hospiital seems like a large amount, > $20,000, but my insurance is very good and by the time they bring it down to "agreed" rates, it is about $7,500for everything, including surgeon and anesthesist, and my portion will be < $3000 including from an insurance "fund", deductibles and co-pays.

Description of Work
Rotator Cuff Surgery, out patient.

04/13/2012

My overall experience with them was excellent. I felt safe, secure and well taken care of. The billing was a little slow. I would use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I had a hip replacement done.

04/02/2012

We have always had a good experience with them. They are as punctual as can be.

Description of Work
We have used them for hospital services in the emergency room.

02/20/2012

The overall experience was positive. Their communication was good. The billing and administration was fine. I will use them again in the future if I need to.

Description of Work
I go to Ohio State University Hospital. I last visited them a year ago may be. I received special medical attention for endocrinology.

Category endocrinologist

01/27/2012

They are very timely and great with patient care. I will definitely be going back there.

Description of Work
I went in there for a hospital visit.

06/11/2009

Good service. I was having trouble with headache as a result of not eating and they made sure I was seen promptly, making me comfortable with fluids to ease the pain. Compassionate staff.

Description of Work
Colonoscopy

Category gastroenterology