Little River Pet Resort

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2006

Voted best pet boarding on Cleveland Hotlist, two years running. Guest play all day in truly huge grazzy play yards, and get a free bath with 3 day stay. Come see why you'll never have to worry about your pet's care when you travel again.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Barbara T.
09/06/2017
Fantastic service; would definitely recommend.
Description of Work
Dog boarding service
Rebecca Y.
07/14/2016
They get attention, get to play in the yard and both of my dogs get to stay together. My dogs love it here!
Description of Work
I board my pets here.
Walda O.
01/02/2015
They have group play, individual attention, and real grass. They watch out for your pet to make sure it is happy. If something goes wrong or if they think he needs a vet, they make sure he gets medical attention. They watch out for all of that.
Description of Work
For animal boarding, I went to Little River Pet Resort.
Rich N.
06/16/2014
I continue to use Little River Pet Resort whenever I can't find a family member to stay at my house when I'm out of town. Their website is easy to use, and I rest comfortably knowing that the owners live on site. I like that she gets to play a lot with other dog of the same temperament. The prices have definitely gone up in the past four years, but I understand that they are business, and that their reputation means they can charge more. On the plus side, they expanded a few years ago, and the facilities are super clean. I only wish they had a webcam.
Description of Work
Boarded my dog for a little over a week.
Angela K.
06/16/2014
Our dog, Toby, spent his first vacation at Little River Pet Resort for 8 days. LRPR is WONDERFUL! To get Toby acclimated to LRPR, we took him for doggie daycare 3 weeks before his stay for 1 day/week. After his first visit and great experience he was excited and jumped out of the car and pulled toward the entrance for the other 2 visits. Because he was so willing to get inside, we knew that they treated him well and that he was having fun playing new friends. We had every bit of confidence that he would be well taken care of for his 8 day stay. When I picked Toby up he was thrilled to see me, but when we walked out the door he kept looking back as if he wanted to stay. They weren't kidding when they told me to expect him to sleep a good portion of the day. All the outdoor exercise wore him out and he did sleep most of the day and through the entire night. The staff was accommodating with feeding him the food I brought and giving him and quot;hisand quot; treats and toys. The bed I brought from home was laundered and Toby was freshly bathed before going home. Everything I brought, was packed nicely in his and quot;overnightand quot; bag. The staff is extremely polite, professional and caring. The grounds and and quot;roomsand quot; are well taken care of and very clean. I would highly recommend Little River Pet Resort! We will never take Toby to any other boarding facility....he will be a frequent visitor for daycare and and quot;vacationand quot;. THANK YOU to LRPR staff for taking such great care of our little guy!
Description of Work
Boarding for 8 days
Ron P.
06/06/2014
They took good care of the animal. They played with them. She played outside and made friends that she doesn't usually do. They deliver good product and they treat the animal as well. We were happy with them.
Description of Work
I used Little River Pet Resort at the beginning of last month for animal boarding kennel.
Mark S.
03/10/2014
Went very well. Lots of information sharing. Very professional Even sent pictures!
Description of Work
Boarded dog for one week while out of town
Betty L.
02/09/2014
The caregivers go out of their way to make sure the dog's time away from their owners are as stress-free as possible -- and they make sure the dogs have fun at the same time
Description of Work
I am always uneasy when I have to trust people to take care of my two furbabies but I would not hesitate to board them at Little River again.
Melissa A.
01/29/2014
I cannot say enough good things about Little River. Firstly, they match your dog up with similar dogs (Size and temperament) My dog ,a puppy Standard Poodle, was matched up with other high energy dogs of the same size. What did they do for her? Everything! She went on walks, groomed, played one on one with a member of the staff and also with other pups. She had turn down service every night with a cookie and cuddles..she even had a photo shoot and the photos were placed online so that we could see what she was up to while we were away. All this for under 300.00 for 9 days..what a deal! :) She came back to us in very good spirits, she clearly had the best time. The other good thing about Little River is that they are very strict about making sure all dogs are up on their vaccinations. This is a great thing as we all have heard about dogs coming home sick after being at the dog park. This is a SAFE place for your dog to play and have a great time, whether for a day, over night or an extended vacation while you go on vacation, out of town for work or perhaps having some remodeling done on your home. We are loyal customers for life and just love the staff there.
Description of Work
9 Days for a Doggie Vaca while we were out of town.
AMY M.
01/22/2014
We were very please with the accommodations. They guaranteed our dog would play outside AT LEAST 5-7 times/day minimum 15-30 minutes per outing! PLUS, they kept our INTACT female puppy with other females and gentle desexed males, and gave her a bath (at no additional charge!). We plan to use them again!
Description of Work
Overnight boarding, over a weekend.
Joseph L.
01/11/2014
The staff is very caring and attentive, and it is clear that he loves his time there. We love being able to see pictures of him playing while we are away.
Description of Work
We take our dog, Marshmallow, to Little River every time we travel, plus once every two weeks for daycare and a bath.
Christeen G.
06/19/2013
I was very pleased with the facility, the staff and their services. I was very apprehensive at first, as my female dog is known to be aggressive with other dogs. I was reassured my dogs would have their own area away from the other dogs and that all the dogs are supervised to prevent injury or accidents. When I picked them up, they were dog tired! They only spent the weekend there, but must have been so busy, they slept for three days! We are going on vacation for a week in August and look forward to utilizing the services at Little River Pet Resort again.
Description of Work
Overnight accommodations and medicating one of my two dogs. The other is known to be aggressive with other dogs.
Marie M.
05/08/2013
The staff is outstanding and were attentive to the special needs of one of my dogs. The dogs recieved exceptional care, they loved being there and the facility is fantastic.
Description of Work
Kenneled my two dogs for several days while I traveled on business.
Barbara C.
01/21/2013
Little River is wonderful! We always board our beagle with them and she loves to go there. On this stay, our dog was there for four days. They fed our dog twice a day with the special, refrigerated food I suppled. They gave her medications at the times needed. They gave her affection, attention and played with her. They walked her and had her out for exercise with other dogs. They washed her bedding. They did a special photo-shoot and gave her a bath before we picked her up to take her home. We always are comfortable boarding our dog with Little River knowing what great care she will receive.
Description of Work
Little River is meticulous about the health and happiness of the dogs. They supply a thorough questionnaire available from their web-site, "www. littleriverpetresort.com." The staff will go over every health and temperament issue to make sure they are up to date and they understand everything. They will give your dog medications you bring. The dogs boarding there all have to be up to date on all shots, etc., with the veterinarian documentation including a fecal float result to show the dog does not have worms. Their kennels are really nice. They wash the bedding so if you bring your own it needs to have a removable cover that can be laundered. They will supply food or you can bring your own. There are huge exercise runs where dogs that are appropriate for each other get to play. The runs have toys, shade and are kept clean. Little River staff are caring and go out of their way to make sure that the dogs are happy and comfortable and have fun during their stay. You can add special extras like walks, one-on-one special attention time, photo-shoots, extra baths and so on. They have a fun Facebook page, "Little River Pet Resort,"that is worth checking out.
Alice B.
12/04/2012
I have a new rescue dog, miniature poodle. Talk about new Mom syndrome! She is a great dog but was showing signs of aggression towards other dogs. I really wanted to socialize her and get her familiar to being away from me. Kelli took inordinate time to work with my little dog. She suggested I bring and quot;Parisand quot; in for a trial with another small dog. Through that experience Kelli realized that my puppy was not really aggressive but showing signs of fear. We next tried an over night with other dogs. We next tried a day care experience and then a few overnights. Through this all Kelli, Linda, and others were patient and worked with my little foundling. They are so nice there and take such good care of the animals, they especially try to make it work for each dog. When I take my little 9 pounder to big dog day they keep her in a separate spot and give her extra attention. Kelli even took her home when I boarded her so Paris would not be alone. It is such a relief to have a helping hand with my little girl, thank you Kelli and staff!!!---Oh by the way, they groomed her and she looked adorable.
Description of Work
I used K-nine to board my dog, day care and grooming.
SARAH K.
11/30/2012
Great experience! So friendly and our dog had a wonderful time. We even saw pictures on Facebook of our dog playing throughout the day. We were so pleased. Our dog is going back for her first overnight this weekend.
Description of Work
Our dog went to doggie daycare. No overnight.
Rich N.
11/17/2010
Little River Pet Resort is the best kennel that I have experienced that falls under the "affordable" category. At $25 a day, my dog is well cared for and gets to play with other similar-tempered dogs. She comes home after every visit and sleeps for days. You can fill out an online form to request a stay, and Tim will get back to you (typically) within one day letting you know if they have room available. I've used them for about 6 different week-long vacations and have them reserved for 2 more.
Description of Work
Dog-boarding on 6 different occasions
Pam B.
10/14/2010
This is the best kennel we have ever used. The dogs can be out many times during the day, for no extra cost. They can play with others, or be alone. The kennels are roomy and warm in winter, cool in summer. We have been using Little River since 2009. One of our dogs takes medication and they are careful to check that everything is the same each visit. Our dogs are never unhappy to be dropped off, and we love the staff.
Description of Work
Our 2 Standard Poodles stayed at Little River for 3 nights.
JEANNE I.
09/07/2010
We love Little River Pet Resort and so does our dog. We started using them three years ago when our pet sitter started having health problems. Our dog is so excited to go there. Tim and the staff are always courteous and happy to see our dog. She is well exercised, socialized, and tired after we pick her up! The prices are very reasonable compared to other premium dog resorts.
Description of Work
The total price included dog boarding for fifteen days plus four optional walks in the woods at $9 each. Dogs go out to play in large yards seven times per day with compatible friends. Our dog got a free bath because the stay was longer than three days.
Robyn W.
06/24/2010
This was the first time for one of our dogs to stay at a boarding facility since we've had him and we were a bit nervous about his stay, especially because he has a tendency to be somewhat aggressive. We were pleasantly surprised that the visit went off without a hitch. When we came to pick them up, the gentleman at the desk provided details about their behavior during their stay (including how they had to coax our picky eater during meal times), which to me shows that they really paid attention to our dogs. (I've had our other dog at a different facility for boarding and when asked how he did, all I got was "Fine, I guess.") We were allowed to bring all the comforts from home (bed and toys) and I like that they receive a lot of socializing time, but still had plenty of down time in their own run. I would definitely recommend this facility!
Description of Work
Provided boarding and baths to two dogs for three nights.
MELISSA F.
05/26/2009
We've been really impressed with Little River. It's quite out of our way (!) but they are totally worth it. The play time for the dogs is awesome, the facilities are clean and they bathe the dogs and all of their bedding before sending them home. One of the dogs is on meds most of the time and they are great about administering it. We were a little worried the first time we left them due to a not so hot experience elsewhere and they emailed us photos of the dogs during play time! Other places are as expensive but with not nearly the experience/exercise for the dogs.
Description of Work
We have boarded our two dogs at Little River several times over the past year. We have the option of boarding them together or separately (same price) and have taken advantage of the dog day care & extra walk during the day for 1:1 time.
JOSEPH J.
02/24/2009
When we came to pick up our baby(errr...puppy)he seemed a little scattered. He wasn't looking at us very much and kind of acted like a different dog. He wasn't jumping up and licking us like he normally does. At first I was a little concerned as to why he was doing this. The lady there said that a lot of times the dogs sleep for days after they leave there. And once we got in the car we saw that he really was just SO tired!! He played so much while we were gone that he passed out into a deep sleep as soon as we got in the car. Awww! When we got the bill it was exactly what we had agreed to and even had $5 off for the first time visit. The people at Little River are super friendly. I even called part way through our trip to see how he was doing. They called back no problem and filled me in on things. The only thing we will ask for next time is to not have them spray the vanilla scent on him(not a favorite in our house). Other than that we were happy with the service. They were prepared with all of his things when we showed up. The blanket we took was washed and everything. They are flexible with specific requests and needs. We will use them again and already have them booked for another week.
Description of Work
The provided lodging for our 75 lbs Old English Sheepdog puppy. We dropped him off on a Sunday evening and picked him up on Thursday after we got home from our trip. It was $30/night for the larger room he was in. The regular size room $25/night was too small for him. We paid for a walk one while we were gone($8 I think?). We asked them not to give him the complimentary bath because he takes so long to dry and we know it's a lot of extra work to deal with all the hair. Instead we requested a brushing.
Marjory H.
10/10/2008
They have four or five large dogs in which they group the dogs for play. For an extra fee they do extra things, like individual walking, grooming, and play time. All the dogs get a bath before they come home they wash the mats every day.
Description of Work
They boarded my two dogs for two weeks. They walked them, bathed them, and had play groups for them.
Alma LeAnn S.
06/12/2007
We have never had a problem, other than not making reservations in time and then we must find another kennel. This is always our first choice because of the owners and employees. They treat our dog as if she were their own.
Description of Work
We always try to make reservations at Little River Pet Resort first because they have been the best place we have found to board our Newfoundland. The last time we dropped our baby (120 lb Newfie), my husband was a little sad because she couldn't wait to leave us to get inside. That doesn't happen anywhere else. We feel very comfortable leaving her with them, knowing that they will take care of her. There is paperwork, and they insist that the veterinarian records be up-to-date. After they reminded us that we needed updated records, we still forgot and they contacted our veterinarian for us. Our baby has also been known to be "obnoxiously friendly" and drooly. They have been very good about taking care of her and giving her a bath when we pick her up.
JENNIFER J.
04/26/2006
Extensive paperwork made me feel more secure leaving my pup there. I had to bring in a copy of all shot records and have a fecal exam performed. They also asked many questions about temperament, fears, commands we use at home, etc. We took her Kong toy, and they filled it with peanut butter each night for her like we do. The man who I met with on drop-off day was incredibly nice and receptive to myself and my dog. He called 2 1/2 days into her stay to let us know how she was doing. When we picked her up, she was tired (from all the playing) and happy. We have no problem boarding her there again.
Description of Work
5 nights of boarding for my 4 month old lab.

Phone