Wellington Orthopaedics - Mercy West

Rehabilitation - Physical Therapy
General Surgery
Foot & Ankle Care
Sports Medicine

Close to home for a thriving community of families, friends and neighbors, West Hospital is our commitment to helping the West Side be well. Right here. West Hospital is designed with you in mind. It incorporates the latest developments in hospital design that have been proven to enhance the patient’s experience during a hospital visit. There is 1 doctor at this location. Surgery is performed at this site. To see if a provider is board certified visit abms.org....

01/19/2016

It went well. I brought up health issues & the doctor & I discussed them to try to work them out.

Description of Work
Check up

Category orthopedics

08/06/2015

The doctor spent time with me getting to understand and determine the type of injury and what would best help it heal. He was also aware of the costs of different treatments and didn't push me toward something (like an MRI or surgery) unless absolutely necessary. I got a cortisone shot and prescription for anti-inflammatory the first appointment and then started PT. Follow-up appointments with the...

Description of Work
I had a rotator cuff injury. Saw an orthopedic doctor first for consultation, diagnosis and referral to PT. Getting the initial appointment with one of the doctors was quick, as was getting scheduled for the PT appointments.

Category surgeons,orthopedics,sports medicine

06/12/2014

It went great! The therapists very professional and fun. My sessions were always productive and I was back to normal. I learned what I needed to do to keep from hurting my knee again. If I were to need these type of services again I would definitely go back!

Description of Work
Physical therapy after knee surgery.

Category physical therapist,knee doctor

09/20/2013

Therapy went very well. I went on average of twice a week with some slight variation in appointment times. A team of three provided the therapy, usually one at a time depending on who was available but also helping each other providing continuous support through each session. They also provided instructions for home work and at the end of my therapy, advice on how to keep improving. I now feel the...

Description of Work
Provided therapy after shoulder operation for a torn rotator cup.

Category orthopedics,shoulder doctor

09/09/2013

He evaluated my injury and suggested a cortisone shot. It didn't hurt at all, just felt strange. He was very busy and wasn't able to spend a lot of time. I had a few questions that I forgot to ask because I kind of felt rushed. But I thought he was very good non-the-less.

Description of Work
Problems with my left knee after an injury. I saw Dr. Zisko, he was very friendly.

Category orthopedics,knee doctor

06/25/2012

The sessions were great. They were excellent and I recommend them.

Description of Work
Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine provided physical therapy.

Category physical therapy

06/15/2012

VERY GOOD. DR. WENSTRUP MD IS AN ARMY MD IN IRAQ AT VARIOUS TIMES. IF HE CAN TAKE CARE OF SOLDIERS HE CAN CERTAINLY TAKE CARE OF ME .

Description of Work
I HAVE FOOT PROBLEMS AND I WAS RECOMMENDED TO DR WENSTRUP MD POSS MEDS AND F/U CARE

Category podiatry

05/07/2012

He was really good. He didn't jump right into surgery; we tried to do it without surgery first. That's what I liked best about him. He knows what he's doing and he's not knife happy. He got my knee into pretty good shape. I don't like the way they do their billing.

Description of Work
He did my knee surgery.

Category knee care

05/01/2012

I have injections for my knee and I broke my elbo so he took x-rays of that. He is not a surgeon though. He does great; he's a good doctor. I will continue to see Dr. Zisco.

Description of Work
Dr. Zisco is my orthopedist.

Category orthopedic doctor","sports medicine

03/07/2012

He performed a shoulder replacement on me in 2006. My experience with him has been excellent.

Description of Work
I went in for a check up.

Category surgery","orthopedic doctor","shoulder pain

Orthopaedics & sports medicine - foot & ankle, hand, wrist & elbow, hip, joint replacement, knee, neck & back, shoulder, sports related concussion