ProScan Imaging

Founded 1996 • With Angi since February 2010

Proscan Imaging has 27 locations in 7 states

Cincinnati, OH 45246

Proscan Imaging delivers professional diagnostic imaging services through a network of freestanding imaging centers. Additional DBAs: ProScan Reading Service, Proscan Imaging Holdings LLC. Proscan Imaging offers patients lower out-of-pocket costs compared to area hospitals, seven convenient greater cincinnati locations, same-day, evening, weekend and walk-in appointments, flexible payment options and modern, welcoming facilities, with friendly and experienced staff. Proscan Imaging is at the forefront of new medical imaging procedures and technology to deliver the best possible diagnostic care to patients. Surgery is not performed at this site. To see if a provider is board certified visit abms.org....

07/29/2021

LINDA W.

The entire time went very well. The receptionist was very nice and helpful. The Radiologist was also very nice and helped me feel very comfortable during the MRI.

Description of Work
I had an MRI ordered by my surgeon. The MRI was 17 months after having a benign tumor removed.

Category

11/28/2018

Sarah D.

The technicians were kind, patient, responsive and communicative. Great experience!

Description of Work
I had an MRI.

03/16/2018

Melissa H.

As I was told the balance that would be due as provided by my insurance company, I chose to pay upfront to receive the discount. Despite being the first appointment of the day, I had a 15min wait. The MRI technician was very kind and professional! I asked a question out of curiosity and he was awesome to answer patiently and thoroughly! All was great until my doctor got the MRI report. The radiologist failed to comment on an anomaly in the tendon above my patella. Fortunately, my doctor always thoroughly reviews MRIs herself and saw it. She consulted with another knee surgeon who agreed there was something there, despite the lack of comment from the radiologist. The MRI report was sent back for reread. Came back the SAME! No comment. So the knee surgeon called and spoke to the radiologist directly who made a rather vague "hmm, could be some sort of nodule" comment! Terrible! And then I get a bill for an additional $13.12. So I called and asked why and got a "it was an estimate and this the additional amount you owe". Really? My very, very large insurance company knows the contractual values that will be paid. There was no "estimate". Shady billing. The only reason I didn't rate an F is the technician that completed my MRI. He was an A+.

Description of Work
Left Knee MRI

04/30/2017

Bob C.

The new machine at the Eastgate facility is horrible. I've had MRI's at Christ Hospital and the Cleveland Clinic and the machine at Proscan- Eastgate is extremely loud and like being in a torture chamber. They give you headphones so the operator can talk to you, but the communications are so full of static you can't understand the operator. I mentioned this to the person at check out and she said "yea, we've had complaints about that, but they haven't fixed that". The machine is so loud that ear plugs and headphones only help a little. NET- DON'T GO TO THIS FACILITY UNTIL THEY FIX THE MACHINE!!

Description of Work
Had MRI at their Eastgate facility which has a new machine.

11/30/2016

Lori G.

Very disappointed in the actual MRI. I had never had this done before and the staff failed to let me know how uncomfortable it would be. They were nice enough to ask me what type of music I would like in the headphones, but failed to let me know how loud and piercing the music would be in my ears. Then when the tech spoke through my headset, it was like a whisper and very hard to hear. Not once did they ask if I was comfortable or did they tell me that it would get extremely hot in the MRI machine. There are some very simple steps they could take to comfort up it shouldn't, but they don't really seem to care. Even after trying to get hold of the manager there, we got no response.

Description of Work
Provided MRI services on my left hip.

02/05/2016

Everyone & everything went very well.

Description of Work
MRI on spine.

Category diagnostic labs

10/05/2015

Leon B.

Got back done the MRI was very fast.

Description of Work
MRI.

09/22/2015

Sarah V.

I had a PHENOMENAL experience with Proscan Imaging! From the receptionist to the MRI technician, everyone was welcoming and professional and did their job with excellence. I was provided with all of the necessary information and my experience was very smooth. On top of that the cost is very reasonable! I strongly recommend Proscan Imaging to anyone needing an MRI!

Description of Work
MRI scan on my left shoulder.

Category radiology

Thank you for your review and your business! We wish you the best and appreciate your feedback!

07/02/2015

Description of Work
MRI

05/21/2015

Description of Work
I had used this provider previously so the paperwork was not too time consuming. They were prompt and efficient. The MRI procedure went well and I was given a CD with the results for my doctor.

05/21/2015

Thomas M.

04/21/2015

They were great. the test was easy to schedule and it was much cheaper to have it done there compared other facilities/hospitals. I would highly recommend ProScan to my patients.

Description of Work
I had a breast MRI done

11/13/2013

Very efficient, courteous, helpful.

Description of Work
MRI.

10/21/2013

It went just fine. They made me feel comfortable. I do not have claustrophobia issues but if you do they have very good machines that help with that and the are checking on you all the time.

Description of Work
I needed an MRI of my brain. I have been having very unusual headaches and nausua.

08/25/2013

I got there on time, filled out papers, and was taken back right away. Front desk and MRI tech were both friendly and nice. The tech did everything she could to help me get comfortable, but the MRI OVAL machine was still a very HARD surface to lay on my back for 30-40 minutes (for EACH of the 2 body areas) for me because I have lower back issues. I chose the Oval MRI machine because it gave enough room for pillows under my knees which helps some with my back pain. I was put in feet first, with the top of my head just inside the tube - but it probably depends on the area being scanned (mine was hip). I'd never had an MRI before, but I knew they are noisy. There are lots of very loud buzz sounds intermittently the whole time, so I was given headphones for protection and also for music to listen to - however it is hard to hear anything when the buzz sounds. The tech did give me a thing to squeeze if I needed to talk to her, and I did one time & she stopped the buzz to talk to me. Between buzz sounds the tech had barely enough time to say "3 minute scan" - I wish I would have been able to know how many "scans" altogether, and how many more to go so I'd know when I'd be done. The tech told me that this is the loudest machine, and that the OPEN MRI (which has less room vertically so I probably couldn't elevate my knees very much) is VERY much quieter. Closing my eyes helped me to relax. I did request to be brought out of the Oval MRI after the first body area (35 minutes?) so that I could stand up and stretch my back, and I'm VERY glad that I requested this. The tech was able to try to position me better on the table for the second body area - which helped my low back but hurt my hips more. The tech answered all of my questions and even made me a DVD of the MRI when I asked for it. Every patient is different so choose the machine that suits you best: The OPEN MRI takes a little longer but is quieter and you may turn your head to look to the side however you have the machine a little closer to your face & probably can't put your knees up. The OVAL MRI is louder but a bit faster and has about 55 cm vertically and 74 cm side to side. A regular MRI machine is only about 55 cm both vertically & horizontally I was told - and is loud & claustrophobic according to my daughter.

Description of Work
My Dr. ordered an MRI for me.

07/15/2013

This was my first MRI experience, so I was a little nervous, but everything went great. My daughter had advised me on how to dress, because you can't wear anything with metal on it for an MRI. I was allowed to wear my street clothes as a result. They scan you for metal before your MRI just to be sure you didn't forget anything and have jumpsuits available in case you did. Everyone was friendly and considerate. The technician communicated well, telling me how long each scan of the series would last. They made sure I was comfortable and answered my questions. They provide music during the MRI and asked me what type of music I prefer. I was pleased they had Christian contemporary music as a selection. It was hard to hear it at first, over the sound of the MRI, but they turned up the sound level when I asked. The facility has an upscale appearance and was clean. I don't think my MRI experience could have been any better.

Description of Work
MRI scan of my knee

07/28/2012

Due to concerns about my family history, my cardiologist wanted me to have an MRI to do some baseline measurements. Never having had an MRI before, and never suspecting that I would have a problem with one, I scheduled my MRI at Bethesda North Hospital. All was going well until they tried to slide me into that tiny, throbbing tube. I came unglued! I went home that day without having completed the MRI. After consulting some friends and doing some research online, I scheduled an appointment for a high-field, open MRI at Proscan Imaging at Paul Brown Stadium. The open MRI machine was so much better! I felt much less claustrophobic. A friend of mine was able to be in the room with me and I could see her at all times and talk to her between scans. The staff was very kind and let me wear ear plugs instead of the headphones. This allowed me to turn my head to the side which made me feel much less claustrophobic. They also let me put my arms over my head instead of having them trapped inside the chest cover. This helped a lot. The staff was wonderful and kind and worked fast to make the MRI go by quickly. I highly recommend the open MRI for anyone who has ever had trouble with a regular MRI. So much less stressful! And going to Paul Brown Stadium was just plain fun.

Description of Work
I had a high-field, open MRI at ProScan Imaging at Paul Brown Stadium.

01/17/2011

We called around because we were trying to get the cheapest rate possible. They had the cheapest rate and they gave us a discount for paying up front. I believe they are open seven days a week and we were scheduled for a Sunday morning. The staff was very helpful and it was a very good experience.

Description of Work
We had an MRI with ProScan Imaging.

05/19/2009

That was my first time having a mammogram. At first, I was scared. Actually, it wasn't bad. The staff was excellent; they explained everything. I have implants so they definitely talked to me and explained things. I will go back every year.

Description of Work
I go there to get my mammograms.

10/17/2008

I went in for a mammogram. The appointment took about 20 minutes. They called a few days later with my test results and let me know I needed to come back in for more tests. For insurance purposes, I had to get paperwork from my primary care physician for the MRI and there was some trouble getting the paperwork sent over. The woman at the front desk was very nice about it and extremely helpful. After having the MRI, I was told I needed to have a biopsy. I was offered the option of having it there that day or they could recommend a surgeon. I had it there. The doctor and his assistant were very nice through the process. When I left the office after the procedure, the lady from the front desk wanted to give me a hug because I had a tough day. A few days later they called me with the results.

Description of Work
I went in to have a mammogram. I went back a second time for an MRI and biopsy. The first visit was $287. The second was $1,699. Insurance covered all of it from the first visit and everything but $563.75 on the second visit.

Imaging - Radiology
    Imaging - Ultrasound Diagnostics
    Lab Services - Diagnostic
    Imaging - Pediatric Radiology
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

High-field MRI, Open MRI, CT, Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography, 3D Imaging & Breast MRI