Furniture Medic by Cinti Furniture Restoration

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2004

652 STATE AVENUE

Cincinnati, OH 45204

Furniture Medic is the area’s largest provider of furniture and wood fixture repair and restoration services for your home or office. We are experienced in reviving your cabinets, restoring water or smoke damaged furniture as well as furniture restoration. Our expert technicians can perform simple repairs on-site like repairing veneer chips, color damage, and structural repair. If the repair is more difficult or is an antique in need of restoration, we have a fully equipped workshop and the skilled craftsmen, trained to repair, refinish, restore or reproduce any item to its original condition....

11/30/2015

john M.

Pretty badly. The office receptionist was very courteous and my initial contact was with her. I explained there were some specific things that needed to be done before they started work on the desk. Five weeks went by and the office manager called me back to make sure everything was ok. I informed her that I still had not heard from anyone. Another week went by and still nobody called. Eventually they brought the desk back. There were some small wooden knobs on the desk that were split down the middle. They ended up bringing me some knobs that they had outsourced but it was up to me to install them. There was a locked cubbyhole on the desk (the key has been lost since 1971 so there were documents in there over 40 years old). When they returned the desk, the cubbyhole was empty. Nobody said anything about it and when I left them a voicemail complaining, I received an email back saying that I must be mistaken. There was also a solid oak shelf approximately 30" wide x 15" deep along the bottom portion of the desk that was gone. Update: I was hoping after I stained it, that the two different types of wood would be blended together. After I have stained it, it makes it all the more apparent that there are two different types of wood.

Description of Work
Stripping and repairing my antique oak desk

Category furniture repair

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It is just as important for us to hear about when things go wrong as when they go right. I am very sorry that you did not have a fantastic experience and I will follow up privately to discuss your situation. Having been in operation for 20 years we have, on occasion, completely botched a job, No one is perfect and sometimes things do not work out as planned. What is important is our focus on trying to satisfy the customer. In most instances, (several are here on Angie's List) customers end up happy with the resolution. We will make another attempt to find a way to satisfying the customer.

08/31/2015

LINDA S.

I've used this provider three times. First to re glue/repair dowels on my dining room chairs. ($160) This was done in house in 2004. I next used them to repair the claw foot dining room table which had separated top from base, not completely, but the top was wobbly. ($340) The glue had apparently dried out over the years. This repair/remake required removal from the home. They put in a reinforcement plus glue and guaranteed the same problem would not reoccur when moving the table. This was in 2010. The latest need for their services was when a crib headboard had been stored with some kind of plastic draped over it. When it was once again to be put to use, the finished was destroyed on a good part of the piece. This time they removed the piece from my daughter's home and refinished it to 'just like new' condition. ($325) The furniture they worked on is all made of quality wood so the repair cost was quite agreeable. Their service rep who came to my home each time was professional, and importantly said "yes, we can fix that". I would not hesitate to contact Furniture Medic again if I or anyone in m y family should need their services.

Description of Work
Repaired wood furniture. Dining room chairs Dining room table Crib headboard

Category furniture repair,woodworking

Thank you for the review. We are happy to have another satisfied customer.

08/13/2015

MAUREEN L.

They did the job as expected. Their employees are very professional.

Description of Work
Fixed a cabinet that had warped. Doors would no longer close.

Category furniture repair

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your review.

07/24/2015

Charles T.

They did a great job and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Clean and repair a secretary desk.

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the review!

05/12/2015

James B.

Tom & Steve are exceptional craftsmen with outstanding customer service skills. Repairs ranged from refinishing minor scratches to rebuilding damaged bed frames.

Description of Work
Repaired multiple pieces of furniture due to damage experienced during storage & move to new residence.

03/17/2015

JULIE W.

I called and said I needed a footboard fixed because it was loose. Sent techs out to determine if work could be done in house or in the shop. Two men came out took pictures and said it could be fixed in the home. I asked why they couldn't do the work then and they said they were not the ones to do the work they were only the inspectors. They left and I made appointment for following week, that was the first time anyone could come out ,waited all afternoon I finally called and I was told the techs got their assignments mixed up so they would not be coming. Another week till I could get another appointment, another tech came out and said he could not guarantee fixing the the bed and if I would want to try it he would have to take it in. Last tech left no payment given. I did lose a lot of my own time and my bed is still held up by stacked books.

Description of Work
attempt at fixing footboard of a big old frame

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the review. While we pride ourselves on good service, we always want to understand when things go wrong. I have spoke to [member name remove] to understand her experience and how we could have improved it. As a result, we have modified a couple of processes and changed out some staffing responsibilities. These changes will prevent the issues in the future. I am truly sorry for the poor experience and have personally apologized to the customer. Eric Schimpf Owner.

10/24/2014

Debra N.

I originally just wanted the wood and frame fixed but after I saw how great it looked I asked them about the upholstery. They walked me through the process of choosing the right fabric and reupholstered the cushion, even made extra buttons for me. The are very knowledgeable and while some may think they are a bit high in price, it is well worth the extra money. I have a couch I am considering reupholstering and will be using them for the job.

Description of Work
Repaired wood and frame of a rocking chair, reupholstered the cushion.

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the review!

10/21/2014

Edwin F.

The work was excellent, worker was knowledgeable and professional, and they did all we asked.

Description of Work
Did paint touch up work on dining room buffet/credenza and on a dining room table.

Category furniture repair

Thank you for the review of our On-Site team

10/13/2014

Cathy E.

They did a beautiful job! The chair looks wonderful. I had picked out the fabric I wanted ahead of time based on the amount they recommended, and I wasn't 100% pleased because they overestimated the amount needed. I ended up spending more than I needed. However, they did a great job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
We had them reupholster an 80-year old antique chair and ottoman.

Category furniture repair

Thank you (Member name removed) for the review. We are thrilled you love our work.

10/13/2014

Evan D.

The door had some significant sun damage, and they did a great job restoring it! There were no issues with scheduling and they were really professional. They did the work at the house and they did a great job with the clean-up. I'd recommend them for sure!

Description of Work
I had them refinish my front door and it looks very nice. I was really happy!

Category furniture repair

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We really appreciate the feedback.

Kimmels Colors Painting and Home Repair Company

Kimmel's Colors has been adding a little color to homes and businesses for more than 35 years. We have painted everything from warehouses to churches and everywhere from Kentucky to California. Do you know the difference between painting a house in Florida and painting a house in Ohio? We do.

Strong Painting

I have 16 years experience with residential, commercial, interior and exterior painting. I have insurance and a long list of great references. We will provide a professional, reliable and affordable interior/exterior painting experience! Give me a call for a free estimate! 16+ years experience, detail oriented with precision Excellent references available upon request. Non-smoker Pictures of recent work completed are shown. Your house is one of your most valuable investments. More than that, it is the place where lives are lived and memories are made. It is your home. Our full suite of painting services include: Interior and exterior Painting Minor Plaster & Drywall Repair Caulking trim and baseboard Wallpaper removal Deck power washing and staining Free in-home estimates call TRINO **General Liability Insured**

BM Custodio Painting and Construction LLC

We are a locally owned and operated company with over 15 years of industry experience. We value honesty and integrity in all aspects of our business. We offer a variety of home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in handyman work, carpentry, painting, flooring, drywall, maid service and a variety of related services and repair projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships with our clients and guarantee your satisfaction!

Offers by BM Custodio Painting and Construction LLC on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Our services include: cabinet re-fresh & recoloring, furniture structural repair and stabilization, precision repair of wood and veneer surface, refinishing, polishing, color matching, stripping & refinishing, restoration from smoke, fire or water damage

Rugs, Hardwood Flooring, Non-Wood Front Door Refinishing