Stanton Optical

With Angi since June 2009

2650 N Fairfield Rd # A

Beavercreek, OH 45431

Additional DBA Name: Eye Glass Express; Additional Contact name - Marco Musa; Additional Website - www.vision-value.com....

04/23/2015

Jill B.

I had an eye exam elsewhere but my eye doctor didn't have any frames that I liked, so I found some at Stanton. As far as frame options, they have a great selection. While they push the 2nd pair special, I only needed one pair for wearing at night... They said they'd be ready in a couple weeks. Sounded great... but when I called after a few weeks, no, they're not done yet. No, we don't know when they'll be ready... This repeated for a good 2 or 3 months before they were finally ready. Every time I called to check if they were done (because they will never call you), the customer service was the absolute rudest I have ever experienced. The way they responded makes it hard to believe they can even operate a business. When my husband called and they were finally ready, the guy said he finally found the glasses stuck back somewhere they didn't belong. (Again, they will never call you like they say --- YOU have to call THEM.) My advice, maybe buy frames there for the selection, but go anywhere else for the lenses unless you're in absolutely no hurry and don't mind rude employees.

Description of Work
Needed new glasses

02/06/2015

Jim W.

An ordeal over three months. They said it would take two weeks. Two became three, then two days short of four weeks. The progressive lenses were fine, but the reading glasses were defective on the edges. So I asked them to use the same RX for the progressive lenses and instead turn the reading glasses into sunglasses. After two weeks, the progressive lenses were still fine, but the frames were just too heavy, and something in its material was irritating the skin on my nose. Had to return them for different frames. After two weeks, they then told me that the frames broke when they attempted to attach the lenses. And apparently even though they advertised having more frames than anyone, they couldn't manage to hunt down similar frames. Back to selecting another one. Got the sunglasses and discovered after I left the store that they didn't apply the reflective coating for which I already paid. Eventually it all got straightened out... but it took a good two months. I'll say this: the Stanton staffers were very helpful and friendly. But after a while, my frequent visits there made me feel like Norm in CHEERS. The office atmosphere was fine, but wherever they take their glasses to be done.... disaster.

Description of Work
Need new glasses, so took advantage of Stanton's 2 frames for the price of 1.

Category eyeglass repair,optometrist

12/09/2014

ORELIA J.

I took the glasses back 3 times to try to get them right. After they've been sent to 3 labs, they wanted to send them to a 4th. I said I'm done with the delays and just want my money back. I was told by the store and corporate customer service that only the general manager (John Miller) could provide a refund. And because I ordered two pair, the best he could offer was half of the money that I spent. No compensation for the 5 month delay in trying to get a quality pair of glasses.

Description of Work
I needed new glasses. I ordered two pair on 7/12/14. Received both pair 3 weeks later, but one of the two was poorly made.

Category eyeglass repair,optometrist

10/18/2014

jonathan M.

9/20/14 paid $114.78 for a single lens replacement. (advertised $69 for 2pair though) 10/1/14 received the wrong prescription and was told "well its not our falt" and "it will be expedited for you" it is 10/18/14 with no result. i have started calling every day now with no effect. also, its the weekend and the whole two employees there will not answer phone calls, do adjustments, or give a crap about customer service so don't even try till a weekday. i was told by an employee that the lab staff just walked off the job. very unprofessional. if you have a choice please save yourself sooo much hassle and go to another eye glass chain (even better) use a local optometrist. -jonathan

Description of Work
single lens replacement

06/15/2014

Joan L.

It was a 2 for 1 special. Limited frames available at $69, upgraded to $109 frames, which as advertised, would be $109 for 2 pair of glasses--excellent deal. Final bill was over $400. Didn't receive the voicemail notifying me the glasses arrived. Had to go back for adjustments. Don't see as clearly out of the Stanton eyeglasses as the original glasses (which are the exact same prescription). Won't ever go back to Stanton.

Description of Work
Saw ad for eyeglasses--2 pair for $69

05/09/2014

Geri B.

they ordered 3 pairs instead of two and lost one pair and the two I do have are not the correct prescription or what I ordered. Needless to say,I wouldn't recommend them to anyone and am back to wearing my old glasses.

Description of Work
I originally took my daughter for an exam and glasses. The staff was polite but their eyeglasses are throwaways. She got 2 of the inexpensive frames and the first pair broke within 3 months. The second pair 8 months later. We both thought it was because they were the least expensive and wrote it off as " just one of those things". I needed a new pair of glasses so I went there and spent over $500.00 for glasses. Not only were they not delivered as promised but they were the wrong prescription,

06/15/2012

Susie S.

Went awful. The doctor gave me the wrong prescription and when my glasses came in they were too strong for me. They refused to refund my money. Wanted me to see the same doctor again and I refused. They had already told me they were having problems with this doctor and he gave me wrong prescriptions why would I want to see him again. At this point,I did not trust them. I wanted them to take back the glasses so I could go somewhere else, but they refused. I would never recommend them to anyone!!!! They are a bunch of theives!!

Description of Work
Went in for eye exam and new contact and glasses.

06/06/2009

shane A.

Stanton Optical was terrrific. The entire staff was very professional, personable and super-helpful. My previous glasses had been repaired several months prior. As I was shopping for frames in Stanton Optical, somehow I re-broke my glasses, so I really needed them right away. I was there just a little while before the lab closed, but they made sure I got my regular lens glasses before I left. I stopped in the following day for the sunglasses. The Doctor and his assistant were both super helpful and professional. Overall it was a great experience. I will be telling my family and friends. They had a 2-for-1 special. It was more expensive than those bargain basement eye places on tv, but they had a much better selection of stylish frames and a super staff! The staff told me that they were to open a Fairfield Commons area location soon as well.

Description of Work
Due to problem with Angie's List messing up my reports, this will not be as in-depth as my last attempt. This report is for STANTON OPTICAL in Miamisburg, Ohio 937-660-5740 www.stantonoptical.com BUT Angie's List says that I am reporting J & J APPLIANCE at 760 N ROCKY RIVER DR, BEREA, OH 44017 this makes it kind of hard to submit a report, doesn't it? But anyways....Stanton Optical was TERRIFIC! I made an appointment on Thursday for an eye exam and new glasses on Friday after work. I walked into the office early, and they ushered me right in for my exam. I needed glasses immediately, and they were able to help me pick out appropriate frames (2 for 1 special!). I received my regular lens glasses that day. My prescription sunglasses were available the following day.

Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair
    Eye Care - Pediatric Optometry

Women's Frames, Women's Sunglasses, Men's Frames, Men's Sunglasses, Kid's Frames, Lenses, Contact Lenses, Safety Glasses, Accessories & Eye Exams.