CENTER HEIGHTS SERVICE

Founded 1925 • With Angi since February 2004

3884 WARRENSVILLE CENTER RD

Beachwood, OH 44122

Business started in 1925. Tom Carey bought company in 1982, became AAA Approved in 1985. AAA Top Shop Award 5 years running. Superior customer service. Free second opinion and consultation....

11/16/2018

mamie A.

They did a good job and we would use them again.

Description of Work
We took our car to them for repairs.

08/04/2017

Jan R.

This was my first time using this car service center and I am totally impressed with the courteous and professional demeanor of everyone on staff. Tom explained everything in detail and he uses adavanced equipment for diagnostics. He was very kind kind and personable as well. After having horrible experiences at a dealership, I found the service here to be far superior and far more reasonable. I HIGHLY recommend their services. 5 star all the way. I will never go anywhere else for car repairs.

Description of Work
Brake pads, new tires, oil change and alignment.

Category auto repair,car tires

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to meet you and be of service!!!

12/10/2015

Jane J.

Simply put, I would not go anywhere else for car service. Danielle, Tom and the rest of the crew are the best in the business. I was told by my Honda dealer that my Civic needed $1500 in brake work. Tom evaluated the brakes and patiently explained why that work was not needed now. His professionalism and honesty is rarely seen in businesses today. This place is a gem.

Description of Work
Fixed passenger side rear view mirror; oil change; evaluate brake issues.

11/27/2015

Kevin P.

.On November 24, 2015 I went to Center Heights Service Inc. 3884 Warrensville Center Road, to have tires changed over from all season radials to dedicated snow tires. I decided to use Center Heights Service based on reviews. My experience was totally opposite of what has been posted. I explained to the office receptionist (Danielle) the service I was requesting. She directed me to the technician (Marvin) who would be doing the work. I explained to Marvin I wanted to have the all season tires removed and snow tires mounted which I had brought to the station. I also requested that the full size spare was damaged and one of the all season tires being removed needed to be mounted on the spare. I explained to the technician (Marvin) which all season tire being removed from the car to be remounted as the spare. I waited approximately 2.5 hours to have the work done. When I got home to store my all seasons away I noticed the spare had the wrong all season tire mounted. I immediately called Center Heights Service to make them aware. The office receptionist (Danielle) said to bring the tire back and they would take care of it. When I arrived with the tire, the technician (Marvin) told me he did what I asked him to do. I said it must have been a miscommunication but he insisted there wasn?t and wanted to continue arguing. I politely asked could he fix it the way I asked. He said he could but not right away. I said I understand they?re busy so I left the tires. The office receptionist (Danielle) said she would call when it was ready. I called approximately 4hrs later and the office receptionist (Danielle) said the tire wouldn?t be done that day. They had other cars to work on. I said okay I?ll check back the next day (November 25, 2015). I called the following day and the office receptionist (Danielle) said the tire wasn?t done and they had other cars to work on. I asked to speak to Tom (the owner). Danielle put the technician Marvin on the phone. He proceeded to say ?he did what I asked him to do? and wanted to argue. I asked if the work was going to be done and when? Marvin said yes in about an hour but it would cost more money. I asked to speak to Tom and Marvin told me ?Tom was busy with other customers?. I told him I would wait and he continued to inform me ?Tom was busy with other customers.? I informed him I was on my up to the station. When I arrived at Center Heights Service station, I asked the office receptionist (Danielle) I wanted to speak with Tom (the owner). Tom came to the desk. I started to explain the problem and Tom cut me off and proceeded to tell me he was aware of the situation. He said ?Marvin did what you asked him to do?. I told him that?s not true if so we wouldn?t be having the conversation. He continued to insist he did. Tom said that Danielle was going to write down my request but I told her not to. That isn?t true either. She directed me to Marvin to discuss my request. I said the customer is always right and Marvin said, ?The customer isn?t always right and that I need to admit when I?m wrong?. Tom said they would do the work but it would be a charge. They are not going to do it for free. I informed him they didn?t do what I ask. If there was going to be a charge, they should have told me the previous day instead of holding my tires another day. I informed Tom that I was disappointed that he would treat a customer in this manner. I refused to pay and took my tires. I?m appalled and disappointed with the service I received at Center Heights Service station. They were unprofessional, dishonest, argumentative and inconsiderate of my time. They had plenty of opportunity to inform me there was going to be a charge and give me the opportunity to accept or deny services but they decided to linger for another day, before revealing there would be a charge. I?m particularly disappointed in Tom the owner who was insensitive to the customer?s complaint and supported the way his employees interacted with the customer in a negative, unprofessional tone/manner. Tom?s response to me was as if he witnessed it all. Tom was not a witness to none of the initial interactions other than what was told to him by Danielle and Marvin. The only interaction Tom had was when Danielle asked him, who she should assign the job to mount the tires. I paid $146.34 for the service. To be asked to pay extra for service that should have been done and be accused of trying to get free service is appalling. I don?t think it was worth losing a potential customer for such an issue that could and should have been handled totally different.

Description of Work
Removed all season tires and remounted winter tires. Remounted full size spare with all season tire that was removed from car.

Category auto repair,car tires

WOW! How do I respond to the lies and nastiness? Unbelievable >>> First of all you did dismiss Danielle when she wanted to write on the work order exactly what you wanted done with the tires. I witnessed it on the video. My guess is that you prejudged her because she is a female and stereotyped her as not having any automotive knowledge. Well she is not a receptionist she is the very capable and knowledgeable Store Manager. She knows more about cars and engine than most males. Second, You instructed Marvin (16 year employee) as to what you wanted with the tires. After reviewing the tape and seeing you walk Marvin the right rear tire and explain that this was the original spare and you then walked to the left rear and told him that you wanted that now for the spare. He did exactly as instructed. My guess is you got home and took a better look at the tires and changed your mind on the spare. That’s fine but not at our expense. No one was argumentative just stating the facts. To call us unprofessional, dishonest and inconsiderate because we would not kowtow to you is ridiculous. Again it’s the “It’s not my fault” syndrome that the entire country has fallen into. Accept the fact YOU made a mistake pay the $25 bucks and be done with it. It’s your choice not to return for any future service here. But for the record we won’t have you either.

09/25/2015

Heather K.

What a great, refreshing experience. The front desk was very friendly and walked me through the needed repairs and estimate. Prices very reasonable. I will definitely be going back. What a change from the chain repair store experience.

Description of Work
Repairs to Volkswagen Routan

06/30/2015

Barbara B.

Tom showed us all the things that needed to be fixed and replaced on the car. He helped us realize that this used car was not worth the price the dealership was asking. Saved us lots of money and a boatload of problems down the road.

Description of Work
Inspect a used car that we were thinking of buying.

03/11/2015

Kristin K.

Tom's team changed the oil which is not a big deal. However, he does offer two grades of oil and talks about how he recommends the more expensive oil because it lasts longer. What is a big deal is that whenever you need help on your car, Tom is there to help. My husband and I are busy professionals and it is so difficult to figure out how to get our cars fixed. he gets us in and out quickly and sometimes even drives us home so we can keep working while the car is being repaired. Since his group had already fixed the leaking air in the tire before, he did not charge me for this repair. I find this to be an example of his outstanding honesty and integrity. I asked if I needed a new wheel and he said that I did not at this time. I appreciate this. I imagine that other shops might try to sell me a new set of wheels before I really need them. We just bought a new car and he offered us great advice and ideas about what to look for in a new car. Since I know almost nothing about cars, I really appreciate sounding ideas off of him and his team. The other gentlemen that work in the garage are always courteous and polite. It is always interesting to sit in the waiting area because many other interesting people come to get their cars repaired there including a former secret service agent, a chef at a new restaurant in downtown Cleveland, a well known litigation attorney. I would not go anywhere else to have my car repaired and plan to take my new car to him when it needs service! If you spend a certain amount of money on service, they give you cards to use for discounts on gas.

Description of Work
oil change with premium oil and fixed tire which continued to leak air because the wheel has some rusting on it

01/28/2015

Jane J.

Tom Carey and his team are outstanding. The toughest part about this type of service is that most of us are ignorant about our cars and we have to rely on the honesty and integrity of the people we use. Tom has taken care of our cars for years and has always provided the best service at the most reasonable price. He is a pleasure to deal with and I will never go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Checked/tightened brake line. Replaced windshield wiper.

09/16/2014

Simon T.

Excellent service, as usual

Description of Work
Balance wheels and alignment

08/09/2014

CYNTHIA G.

I have been going to Center Heights for years now. It is the kind of company that spreads by word of mouth and clients return because you can trust that what they tell you is true. I have in the past had them tell me to take the van to the dealer for something that will be repaired for free,they even printed out the documentation that would allow me to argue my case if the dealer was reluctant. Every time I have checked to see if their price is higher than other shops either dealerships or local shops I have found them to be less or equal, never higher, so at this point I trust what they recommend. They are really good at helping you keep a car on the road by only repairing those things that are needed and trying to prevent you from wasting money when the car doesn't warrant a certain kind of repair. As they told me with our kids student car...don't bother to fix the air conditioning on the 1998 Honda accord...open the window. I find them practical. But the most fun part is the "Gas Club" When you get your car repaired in the shop, you get a gas Club card with stickers which allow you to fill up at gas club rates for as many times as there are stickers on the card. Those rates are whatever the actual cost for that tank was to Tom. Yesterday 8-8-14 I got gas 34 cents a gallon cheaper than the posted rate. The posted rate was the same as all the other gas stations around. It is't always that much of a discount but he passes along all his profits on gas to people who get their car fixed there. It is a wonderful fun perk. Center Heights personifies all the best of small local business and does't even have the down side which is usually a higher cost.

Description of Work
my 2005 Honda Odyssey with over 250,000 miles on it was running very rough and they checked it replaced spark plugs cleaned fuel injectors and got it running smoothly again.