Sears Optical

Founded 1997 • With Angi since May 2009

10 Chapel Hill Plaza

Akron, OH 44310

No doctors are available on Sun or Thursday. By appointment only. 15% military discount available....

02/25/2012

Joyce H.

I needed new glasses - trifocals, and did not want to pay $450 a pair, as I had the previous time at an out-of-town Optician. Sears advertised 2 pairs of glasses for $99. I called, to be SURE that trifocals were available at that price. Yes, but it would be $25 extra per pair for bi- or trifocals. The clerk was extremely nice and helpful. We found large "movie star" frames for the sunglasses and small, half frames for the regular glasses. I needed the pink "tint" that I've had on all lenses for years, and the clerk convinced me I needed anti-glare coating. Total? $350. When they were made, the sunglasses were fine, but the regular glasses did not fit properly. I took them to the next appoint- ment with my ophthalmologist, who said to return them and have the clerk adjust the tilt. She couldn't. She offered to make me a new pair of glasses, but we could not find that same frame, and I had to choose another one. I gave in the new glasses and went back to wearing my old ones, the $450 pair. It took several weeks after the call that the new glasses were ready before I picked them up -- trips and illness prevented me. When I returned, the helpful clerk was gone. A young man thrust the new glasses at me and went back to another customer. The new glasses are not right. I cannot see or read well with them. I took them to the out-of-town optician when I was visiting recently and she told me the frame is too big for my face and the lenses are therefore too thick and heavy. The temples are also too long. I cannot read with them at all. I am back with my old glasses and will not purchase cheap glasses again.

Description of Work
Sears advertised 2 pairs of glasses for $99. I had them made, but my trifocals cost $350 when all was added in. One pair did not fit. Sears remade the glasses but they still are not right. The other pair, the sunglasses, is fine.

Category eyeglass repair

01/23/2012

Julie W.

Not a bad company staff is very friendly.I would use their service again.

Description of Work
The people are friendly and they work hard ,but so overwhelmed with work.Took a little longer than i thought.Took about 10 days over 3 weeks.

Category optometrist

05/13/2009

DEBORAH D.

Sears Optical is pleasant. They do a good job. The office environment is good. The availability is good and the staff is friendly. I plan to return in the future.

Description of Work
I see Sears Optical for my optometry. I have been going there for about 30 years.

Category optometrist

Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

We do not provide optical surgery, but can refer you, after an exam with us, to qualified optical surgeons in the neighborhood.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Sears Optical

How is Sears Optical overall rated?

Sears Optical is currently rated 4 overall out of 5.

What days are Sears Optical open?

Sears Optical is open:

Sunday: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

What payment options does Sears Optical provide

Sears Optical accepts the following forms of payment: American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Does Sears Optical offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Sears Optical does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Sears Optical offer a senior discount?

No, Sears Optical does not offer a senior discount.

What services does Sears Optical offer?

Sears Optical offers the following services: Our office can provide you with a quality eye exam. We are able to fill eyeglass prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses.

Are there any services Sears Optical does not offer?